Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where can I buy Scepters?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Sonic, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

Where can I buy Scepters?

i'm looking for a 4 socket War Scepter, Divine or Caduceus, with +1 to lr or salvation, can these be bought? if so where, and what lvl should i be?

2. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

Act 3 or 4 hell. I don't know what lvl though...

3. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

i want it to be non-magical, so i can Holy Thunder it. i dun think hell sells non-magical

4. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

ooooo....I don't think you can buy those, but what do I know...

5. Arctic_Fox

Arctic_Fox IncGamers Member

Afaik, you can't buy non-magical socketed Paladin scepters from Merchants. You're best shot it to try and find one.. and from my expereince, 4 socketed scepters aren't common, and even if you find one.. it's nearly impossible to get one with mods you actually want for Holy Shock. Good luck. :drink:

6. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

i had one in non-ladder, Divine with 1 Hammer 1 Lr, but it took me TONS of cow runs to find it. i'm lookin 4 a ladder 1 now.

7. FallNAngel

FallNAngel IncGamers Member

Yea you can... just not excep/elite versions AFAIK.

8. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Well, here's a strange thing I figured out. If you're rushed enough, you can keep getting non-magical scepters. First saw this when a zon I had got rushed to act4. I think she was 14th level. Jemima had all these non-magical scepters...some of them with sockets.

Now as soon as zon hit 19th or 20th level, Jemima stopped offering socketed scepters.

I repeated this a few more times with chars. Soon as they hit 19th level ...mebbe 20th....No more non-magical socketeds.

Act doesn't matter, as far as getting socketed scepters, but the first place that you can get war scepters is act3. SO I parked a 16th level mule there, mainly to have regular shopping for 2 socket scepters....AmnTir, ya know.

Now, I've never seen ormus offer a 4-socket, and I haven't pursued into a4, except for the initial accident. I suspect that you might be able to get 4 socket scepters this way in a5, but it's still a guess.

If this pattern holds into NM and Hell, then a sufficiently rushed char could have a chance at exceptional/elite 4 socket scepters.

Also, you have a dollar limit, for the low level chars, that will limit the max price you can pay for a scepter. Wallet wasn't big enough for some of the items I saw, even if I could mule in the cash.

If anyone figures a workaround, lemme know.

(Using the Socketing quest won't work AFAIK; Larzuk will always give you the max sockets on a non-magical item, and for war scepters on Normal, that's 5 sockets. I DON'T know what he would do to a cracked war scepter, assuming you had one with good mods.)

9. Forbiddian

Forbiddian IncGamers Member

Shop it until it appears, have a level 80 friend come in and purchase it.

I think that works (worked for +3 Enchant/2 socket staves).

I play hardcore and have low level duelers (level 18 Zon and levels 21, 34, and 18 paladins) all in Act 5, hell. I shopped for about 15 minutes and only found up to 2 socket War Scepters (with my zon). I don't think it's gonna happen.

10. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

I thought of another possible route. There is the following cube recipe...

1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
    The number of sockets created will vary. The item must be normal and unsocketed. Low-quality items and superior items do not work. The item gets 1-6 sockets, randomly. However, the number of sockets is then restricted by the maximum number of sockets that base item with that ilvl can have. For example, if you have an item that can only have 2 sockets, there's a 5/6 chance of getting 2 sockets and a 1/6 chance of getting 1 socket.

Anyone know if this recipe changes the spells? I was thinking of druid and barb helms, too.

ANYway. If it doesn't change the spells, then find scepters with that +1 lr or salvation, and hope for some luck. Since your reqs aren't too stringent, just keep trying...Biggest expense is the time to find non-magical scepters, and the amn's.

I read a tip...mebbe in Flux's guide. If you're trying to find sockets, taking OFF your mf gear will help.