Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where are the runes, charms and jewels?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by drkenrich, Apr 30, 2008.

1. drkenrich

drkenrich IncGamers Member

Where are the runes, charms and jewels?

I'm a single player Clvl 49 MF barbarian currently in Kurast in Nightmare. I'm playing v 1.11. In doing a lot of research, reading and planning I keep reading about runewords, charms, and jewels, but I've yet to see one.

Is there a specific level I have to reach before they show up?
    Do I need to start over with a different version?

I've done quite a bit of forum searches here and elsewhere and haven't really found any good information.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Jaquiezz

Jaquiezz IncGamers Member

Re: Where are the runes, charms and jewels?

You sure you're playing the expansion? Are you able to play assassins and druids?

That, or you might just be monumentally unlucky. Or unobservant. Or both.

3. Gorgrims

Gorgrims IncGamers Member

Blue coloured Small Charms, Grand, and Large Charms all drop at the start of the game. You will find plenty in 1.11. Jewel's are the same, they everywhere, you should have seen them!.

Runeword's are made with runes, such as El, Eld, Tir, Nef, Eth, Ith, Tal, Ral, Ort, Thul.

To make a runeword you need to make it in the right item, with the right runes, put in the right order!

Theyre made in item's with sockets, but runeword's need specific item's to work. The best way to find which runeword's exist ( some are labelled as Ladder only ) Is to visit Arreat Summit. Give google a search, its a page on the battle.net. site.

Runewords there are listed with the item-types you can make them in. To get an idea what item types work, visit the tab for "normal/Exceptional/Elite" type items, and check the item catagories ( such as Polearms, Maces. ) to find out where to put in your runes.

The next thing is the order of runes. To make the runeword you have to put them in correctly. For example: The runeword Enigma, "JahIthBer" mean's you have to put in Jah, then Ith, and finally Ber.

Enigma be near impossible to find without many hundreds of hours of playing, I just remember the order of runes well so used it as an example :)

Finally, if you use any runes ( see Runes tab on Arreat Summit ) be careful with those higher runes. Hel + are not that easy to find, and at Lem+ It might take a very long time. Use them well if you're lucky to find them.

4. drkenrich

drkenrich IncGamers Member

For some reason I don't think I'm playing in the expansion. I don't have assassins or druids. I thought they were only in the online game, not the single player game.

I bought the game when it first cam out, played for awhile, and then put it aside for several years. I don't remember ever getting any modification to it. If I don't have expansion shown in the version number 1.11, where do I get the expansion? Is there an online source?

Thanks for the help, ya' all.

5. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

you have to purchase the expansion - it's called: DiabloII, Lord of Destruction

it's been out long enough that online 'stores' is probably the easiest way to find it, since your local software retailer probably stopped carrying it years ago. try sites like amazon.com, etc.

6. kanonfutter

kanonfutter IncGamers Member

It is carried in most shops selling games here, retailing $20. It has done so for the last 4 years or so, a kind of testament to the popularity of the game.

7. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

I bought a LoD CD from a shop on saturday for £10 (english pounds), quite a few copies there as well, in the 2 for £15 section.

They even asked me if I had the original D2

So it must be popular here in the UK still

8. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

It must be still popular here in Australia too.

Majority of places still sell the battle chest for $60 - 70. Some even want to charge for $**.

The cheapest I found was a little over $38 for the battle chest.

I have never played D1, it might be good idea to buy one, for a good backup and the original diablo game (my current LoD and D2 CDs are little hard to read now).

9. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Going to expansion from normal D2 is highly advisable. It makes a huge difference having the extra stash space, runes, jewels, etc. I've seen expansion going for R99 here in SA but its the stripped down budget games version with just the CD, no manual or anything. Works out to be about $13 US.

Upgrade!

10. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

There's a place local to me in the UK that does LoD and D2 at £3 each. :grin:

11. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

That's a huge ripoff. I got the battle chest not too long after the expansion came out for like $20. I'm sure it's even cheaper here in the US now. I tried D1, but after playing D2, couldn't really get into it.

12. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

=\

I really want to re-buy a battlechest especially since I've lost my original D2 CDs and my D2:LOD CD has already cracked, but the cheapest I can get it here is around $40 CDN, which I can't seem to find the motivation to dish out. I wish I could get it at £3.

[edit] Does anyone know any Canadian stores that will sell a D2 battlechest under $30? I would be really happy in purchasing it at that price.

13. Espr

Espr IncGamers Member

I've seen it for really cheap at places like Zellers, in the bargain bins. It's not the proper battle chest, but more... somebody returned the battle chest and they repackaged the CDs to sell in the bargain bin. For the actual new, unopened, battle chest, 40$CAD / 20£ sounds about right. You might have better luck with online and/or bulk-buying retailers, who will more likely give discounts; or maybe ebay.

14. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Same. :eek:

[/ illegal]

15. DeathMaster

That's crazy. Is it possible to buy it from overseas? If I could copy from my old CD (doesn't seem to work well any more, copy also seemed failed to read in new PC), I'd love to buy couple of CD keys (you keep the CD, just email the keys).

I can pay you upfront.

16. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Yikes! We lost our CD key to just the pain old D2 and decided to pick up a copy from Wal Mart for less than $10 for the new comp. They had the battle chest around $17 but we figured what was the point since we have the LOD discs.

17. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure he was giving prices in Australian dollars, not American...

:wink3:

18. DeathMaster

Yes, but AU$ is pretty close to US$, 20 US$ is very good price, I wish I can get it here.