Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Where are all the javelins?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Oct 25, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

Where are all the javelins?

Starting a new HC char, cause the Barb and Necro died in NM at about lvl 60.
    This Javazon is lvl 28, in Normal Act 3, and about to get LF at lvl 30. I've been watching the whole time so far for javelins, and not ONE has appeared.

Am I just unlucky, or is it too early in the game to expect any to fall? Even the merchants don't seem to carry them.

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Charsi sells them.

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

You mean javelins as in plain javelins? You should be seeing them from the Den of Evil! You must have been extremely unlucky to not see any kind of javelin so far.

How did your barb die? I was hoping for a Guardian thread from that character :undecided:

4. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

Not a single javelin has dropped? Dude, your luck is just...on vacation.

Some vendors do sell them, but they're under the "miscellaneous" tab along with arrows and such.

The beauty of an LF amazon is that you really don't need a good javelin to be successful.

5. lpblasch

Oh Milb- thanks to your one-sided trade, my Barb was SAILING along at lvl 59 in NM with the Butcher's Pupil......he went into the Chaos Sanctuary, knowing the threat of IM. I very carefully put Berserk on the right click, Butcher's on left click, and was using Berserk along with the merc, who was doing most of the slaying.

I didn't SEE any Oblivion Knights close by, but I must have had a senior moment and left-clicked on someone, and pow....RIP. Guess the only safe thing for me is to do it barefisted with Berserk.

6. lpblasch

Hmm... you must have a better map seed than I do- I've tried all the vendors in all 3 acts, and NO javs. Plenty of spears, spetums, Brandistocks, etc. Doesn't seem to change if I quit and strat again, either.

Oh well, if they're supposed to appear, I'll just keep doing bow/melee till I find some.

7. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

Are you playing on P1? Javelins are always my main source of income from leaving the rogue camp until about the inner cloister when I stop picking them up. You should have seen a hundred or two by now.

Also, you don't need to barefist with berserk, and in fact shouldn't. ALL physical damage is converted to magic damage so you receive zero damage from IM.

Edit: Just saw your last post... have you used any mods? I'm wondering is somehow one of your TCs or a file got screwed up. Javelins should be EVERYwhere. I'll bet you an EU that I can make a character and find at least 3 javelins in the moor and den.

8. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Javelins are sold there where the arrows and bolts are...

9. lpblasch

Aw, man... I was looking under the Weapons tab: doh!!!!
    TYVM.

10. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Damn, you were always running the risk of Iron Maiden playing a melee char, lets hope your zon is more fortunate :smiley:

What skills are you going to use? Pure Javazon or hybrid? I Guardianed a LF/FA Zon and that wasn't too bad, with only a small amount of twinking. My current pure Javazon is a blast but would be much harder if she wasn't twinked to the eyeballs like she is now :smiley:

Btw, you can also gamble javelins from very early on, I'm not sure what level you have to be but I've gambled them at around lvl 5 I think, you can probably do it earlier too.

11. English Muffin

English Muffin IncGamers Member

Another senior moment? It took me a while too when I first started my all dex amazon a few days ago.

12. noobintraining

noobintraining Banned

Uh, yeah...that's what I meant by "miscellaneous" tab.

13. lpblasch

At the moment I'm using the Flux guide for LF Javazon, and I hope to have the FA capability as well. I'm not very well twinked yet, but as soon as mana burn isn't such an issue I should be all right for now. The Act 2 Defiance merc is very helpful and the Valk is now at lvl 4, so they are doing the bulk of the work.

I know I'm overstating this, but as a noob HC player, losing a character you have about 20 hours of work in is like losing a family pet. It stinks! But, HC does add some spice to the game, and despite my failures I think I'm a better player now than I was a week ago.

14. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Indeed HC makes you a far better player, I have found that myself. You become much better much faster at the start too as you have to use all the resources available to keep you alive but also making sure you make good progress.

I wouldn't follow Flux's guide, it is for 1.09 so some of the skill placements are wrong. I would suggest for a HC Javazon a skill placement along the lines of:

20 LF
    20 CS
    17 Valk after +skills
    1 in all passives
    20/20 in FA and synergy (or 20 FA, rest in synergy as you need a very high level for 20/20).

or

20 LF
    20 CS
    17 Valk after +skills
    1 in all passives
    Rest in the Poison Javelin skills - 15/15 would be good.

Good luck!