When you make a thread...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
When you make a thread...?

When you create a thread, do you give multiple people the chance to reply? Thus creating a post with actual substance.

Or do you watch the thread like a hawk, and reply after every person with a shallow or often meaningless response?

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Geeno said:
When you create a thread, do you give multiple people the chance to reply? Thus creating a post with actual substance.

Or do you watch the thread like a hawk, and reply after every person with a shallow or often meaningless response?
I think everyone can answer that one for me.. :D.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Synthesis

I generally allow people to create a discussion, then I weigh in with what I think (either validating or refuting other's statements in a respectful manner). It's of no use to me, or to the forums, to create a thread of the type where the discussion is one-sided.

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
Newman said:
I think everyone can answer that one for me.. :D.
Shouldn't you be, like, helping stupid people with their cell phones? Or picking up chicks on the highway?

As for me, I just reply whenever I've got something to say, which is usually more not than often.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Ev_ said:
Shouldn't you be, like, helping stupid people with their cell phones? Or picking up chicks on the highway?

As for me, I just reply whenever I've got something to say, which is usually more not than often.
You know it bro! Although, I haven't picked up any girls on the freeway in quite some time.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
In order to answer you, I would have to actually make a thread. Personally I think this is all just a trick to get me to come out of hiding.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
Thelioness said:
In order to answer you, I would have to actually make a thread. Personally I think this is all just a trick to get me to come out of hiding.
There he is! Grab him! Steal his pants!!!!

Avalon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ness is secretly three people.

Watch, as the Geeno has lured the ness out of hiding[/safari dude voice]

Geeno....most threads I drop a post in tend to be less than serious. That said, they tend to be shallow and lack substance of any kind. Now, that said. In most threads that hold something of worth value discussion or whatever, most of the posters tend to be well informed and post up generally largish posts. I enjoy just reading those, and adding in if I feel something critical's been missed. Otherwise, being more passive, sitting back and seeing how things progress is more me. Unless the thread ain't serious. Then it's one liners every few seconds all around.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
When you make a thread do you make with the single intention of making a jab or insult at someone, or do you make it in hope of encouraging actual discussion?

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
considering i've only made 2(or was it three) threads so far the've all been to encourage actuall discussion, and i normally wait for an opportune time to repy.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
When you make a thread do you make with the single intention of making a jab or insult at someone, or do you make it in hope of encouraging actual discussion?
Who are you talking to bro?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Newman said:
Who are you talking to bro?
Geeno. In my mind it's kinda rediculous to create a thread just to make fun of someone. Geeno was ripping on your posting style, there's no discussion to be had here.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Geeno. In my mind it's kinda rediculous to create a thread just to make fun of someone. Geeno was ripping on your posting style, there's no discussion to be had here.
Yeah, I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not.

Okay, let's get the facts straight.. My posting style (frequent) is because I'm at work and it's VERY VERY slow (I do business customer service for Cingular Wireless) and I have nothing else to do.

@ Geeno, I could throw down a bunch of stuff at you, but that's not very respectful. I have done nothing to you, so let's just be adults about this. Thanks.

djIgneo

Diabloii.Net Member
...I think the only thread I've started is a trade thread which hardly anyone replied to, lol. Now I just chatter in the community forums and post if i have something to say, even if it is just laughing.

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
djIgneo said:
...I think the only thread I've started is a trade thread which hardly anyone replied to, lol. Now I just chatter in the community forums and post if i have something to say, even if it is just laughing.
Heh, this is the only thread I post in here on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.