Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

When should i use CoA?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by TheBe, Sep 30, 2006.

1. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

When should i use CoA?

I'm thinking to buy CoA for my bvc, but i have no idea when use it:shocked: . Would that be my "alltime helmet"? And should i use arreat's anywhere then? Please tell me:azn: .

2. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

vs mele and windies.

3. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

Hmm.. Do i really need CoA? Since only meelee i duel are amas and palas and i have no problems with them.. But windies.. Haven't dueled them alot, so can't really say..

4. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

well i think its standard equipment vs a god windy u want high dr if not max and again vs a good smiter high dr will be needed.

Cuz if ppl don't use CoA they atleast use Gaze or even a 1 sock CoA and i hear rockstoper brought up as well.

a good bowazon will be hard without alot of DR, as u want fcr at the same time as DR so the helm really does suite this situation.

5. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

Ok thanks, will 1 soc CoA be too much worse than 2 soc?

6. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

coa just gives more room for mistakes vs windy and melee

windy nados do quite alot of dmg and coa is best pub helm

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Vs Smiters you want to have CoA because they can heal to full life many times, thus you either need to out-skill them or have more room for errors, aka CoA.

Vs Windies. They have almost the same life as you do, they have stack, but they do a little less damage. This is why you want to have CoA, as they can out-life you, specially with max dr and max block in the game.

Vs. Amas. Well, it's nice to have a CoA vs. a kb bowazon, as you can then spend half of your life getting to the bowazon, while you will have enough life to kill the bowazon. All due to DR.

a perfect 1 socket CoA won't be too much worse than a 2 socket one.

8. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

thanks, this helped, but what u think about CoA's allres? Is that really needed`? If i use this against Windies, pala's, amas and they don't use elemental..

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, you do use it in public games, so it would be nice if you would have pretty high-ish resistances. However, dr>resistances by far. Mine is a 28/27 one.

10. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

I haven't met many windies or good smiters in pubs, so i think i would use arreat's more.. OR meaby CoA if i manage to buy 1 and see how it fits my barb :p

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

What's so much better about Arreat's compared to CoA?

The same resistance, the same All res.

The only things I can think about are +stats, which are only needed when using alternative equipment (Widowmaker and Fortitude). And no, +skills do pretty much no good for BvCs.

12. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

That depends on his build, stats etc. If you do not have str for CoA with bo knives/spears you loose a bit of life. You loose whatever is socketed in arreat as well such as ed/ias jewel.

Coa is a nice item to have whenever you need damage reduction as others have mentioned. Once you meet a good smiter or windy you will clearly see the difference.

Mike

13. TheBe

TheBe IncGamers Member

Thanks for help guys, now i'm getting more warm to thinking to spend lots of ists
    to buy CoA. :)

Edit: What u guys think, which is more important? 2 x Dooms OR CoA? I got 1 doom already, but I think that can't afford second now, if i buy CoA:undecided: . So whats ur opinnion, which helps me more? I'm starting to fall to CoA's side..

14. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

CoA is more important, plenty of barbs do fine without dooms, be it because of lack of stash space of poverty (that was my case :wink3: )
    1 doom and a bo knife should work just fine.

Mike

15. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I would like to disagree here.

Since you will now use the Doom ONLY vs. bowazons and some smiters, you will not need it on your swap. You should rather have a +3 wc/lifetap wand coupled with another one like that on your switch.

It depends.

If you're struggling to get a 1-socket CoA, you are better off getting a second Doom and using a Ber VGaze instead.

Overall, I would say that CoA helps more, but you have no substitutes for Dooms, unlike you have for CoA. I myself found that I've grown too used to the Dooms when I faced a kb bowazon without Dooms with 2 screens between us.