Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

when is d3 coming out..someone tell me!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hammerdon, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

That doesn't make any sense. It's like looking at Star Wars and saying:

Episode I
    Episode II
    Episode III
    Episode IV
    Episode V
    Episode VI

ZOMG! See teh patternz!! Episode VII will be coming out s00n!! *gets in line*

2. tikki

tikki IncGamers Member

no, not really.
    they realease all the 1's
    then the 2's (except starcraft)
    3's (only warcraft)
    they created WoW and cought it up to 2 games
    they realized, "hey SC is still popular and people love it, lets make a new one" thus making SC2 (not an expan)
    now, everything is all at 2+
    so, if they realize ppl want D3, they should make it. D3, wow3, or sc3 wi'll be the next game, but sc2 isn't even released, not that. wow just had an expan so i doubt it. unless they truly are greedy bast*rds.
    that leaves D3, unless they don't care

3. Stompwampa

Stompwampa IncGamers Member

I think you're over analyzing things. They make games to make money. When they feel a new game will bring in more money, they'll make it. Simple as that.

4. legendhero

legendhero IncGamers Member

YEAH ! From the creator of Diablo comes Hellgate: London. :grin:

5. Dragonlover

Dragonlover IncGamers Member

I reckon they'll announce it at this years Blizzcon, because someone from Blizzard (don't ask me who, I have no idea) has said in an interview that a franchise continuation will be announced then, and it was said the same day they announced SC2. Of course, it could be Lost Vikings 3...

Another point to consider is that a new piece of Diablo art went up at Sons of the Storm this month.

Dragonlover

6. Eredian

Eredian IncGamers Member

Diablo 3 might come out at some point but until it's announced, I will consider Hellgate: London is diablo 3 :wink: . Of course it won't be the same storyline or the same gameplay but it will be from the creators of D2. That might change in just a few Diablo 3 trailers though :grin: .

7. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Personally I just can not see the connection between Diablo and Hellgate London, they are completely different games with different styles. So what if the guys that did D2 are making this, it by no means indicates this will be the same. Really, comparing D2 to Hellgate is the same as comparing D2 to WOW isn't it?

There is no doubt that D3 will come out, economics demands this. Nothing beats name recognition, and the hype D3 can generate is the best marketing you can get, thus it becomes almost a sure fire hit before it even comes out. What is new is that Blizzard is now owned by Vivendi, which as a publicly traded company is obligated by law to maximize profits. So the real question is what has Blizzard's financials been the past two years will be a indicator of whether they will announce D3. If corporate or shareholders are not satisfied with the revenue they will pressure Blizzard to do something, and the quickest and sure fire way to do this is release SC2....and D3.

Now supposedly besides SC2 there is another un-announced project. I would not be surprised in the least bit if this is D3. Let's face it, for most of Blizzard's history, at least since 1995, they have been a 3 game company: Warcraft (includes WOW), Starcraft, and Diablo. I just do NOT see them branching out, at least now.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

when the earth collides with the moon

or when the sun burns out

whichever happens first

9. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

From what I've seen for Hellgate:London, it will be nothing like Diablo, So i don't really see why people are embracing it as Diablo 3. Cause it's made by some of the same people? That's like saying King Kong was Lord of the Rings 4. Come on, folks.
    I suggest you use the time you spend waiting for D3 to come out to get some more practice typing.