Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

When does my bowazon stop sucking?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by wham, Aug 31, 2006.

1. wham

wham IncGamers Member

When does my bowazon stop sucking?

I'm currently a level 78 bowazon and I have to say...I suck.
    I do such low dmg it's ridiculous to even imagine doing runs of any sort with her.
    I'm going untwinked pretty much so I only have a lyc, LoH, Angelic combo, Raven and Sander's boots (the rest are just random magic/rare items I found).

I have strafe, penetrate both maxed. Valk up to around 15 and around 5 in Pierce and 10 in critical strike.

I have no idea what I can do to make my zon do more damage. Are zons meant to have low dmg but high atk speed so I'd just have to look for more ias? Or is Lyc a horrible weapon to be using and I should aim for a Harmony bow or something better?

Trying to kill anything in hell takes forever and taking on 2 monsters at once is like a 2 minute battle. Any and all help is appreciated because this damage of around 500-600 is just embarassing.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I'd definately suggest getting a new bow. Yes Harmony works well, also to consider is perhaps an upgraded Witchwild String, or maybe Eaglehorn until you can get your hands on a Faith or Windforce. Lycander's really isn't anything special, even when upgraded.

Also, what are your stats like? A bowie should generally place a few more points in Dex than most other characters, and a little less in Vit, to give you both a higher damage output and higher AR. There's no real set values for these, but most suggest at most 100 Vit is enough, and less if you are a skilled player.

3. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

There are runewords which make an amazon a viable killer:Faith or Ice or Brand.
    The old classic: the windforce bow.Tppks on hell in HCL equipped with it are the most dangerous char right now,they boost their damage by having max dex builds,as more dex boosts your damage,filled the inventory with max damage charms, for example gc+10max 55ar 4x life,use fortitude armors,and even have 3-40/15 diadems.
    I just have made a witchyzon,an amazon using the "upped"witchwild string bow,the inventory filled with max damage charms,atmas scarab for the additional ctc amplify.Deadly strike doubles my damage, amplify damage quadroupels(i am sure i mistyped this word) it.Check some guides how to boost your damage and your bowazon will rock,i promise you.

4. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Defitnly get charms to increase max damage. My bowazon focuses on Posion charms with holy freeze merc.

I have set just 50 vit to my char if you position your valk right you can get it to tank without you dying to fast (And yes i've seen crappy zons die because they don't know how to control their valk). Btw why is you're valk not 17? it gets a rare war pike dealing way more damage.

5. wham

wham IncGamers Member

Thanks for the replies!
    My stats are basically str around 75 (I'm not sure where to stop it since I don't know what my final weapon will be), 300+ dex, 50vit and base energy. I have around 30 stat points unused in case I found out that I need a weapon with a higher strength requirement.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for a WWS to see if it'll help boost my dmg.
    I left my Valk under 17 because I hit 17 with the +skills from the Lyc but I'll probably bring it up to 17 if I end up using another wpn.

Just out of curiosity, what does your dmg show in the Character listing? What kind of dmg should be a possible goal?