Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WHEN does MF apply to skellies?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Necrochild313, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

WHEN does MF apply to skellies?

I know when you clicked on this thread you'd probably be thinking the answer already:

"Yes, mf applies to skeletons"

But that's not the question i'm asking, what I'm asking is the answer to this:

Lets say I prebuff my skeletons using a leoric and +skills head, then wep switch to gull and rhyme. Would my skeletons that I made with leoric/+skills head gain the extra 125% mf that I didnt have upon summoning them? I'm not too sure exactly how mf is applied to them, but I beleive the answer to this question could make a big difference in the mfing habits of a necro.

Now lets for instance, say that no, they gain the X mf I had while summoning before the 125% and my extra 125% is applied only to me, would causing the game to "recheck" them apply the mf? Like going back into the red portal in Pindles garden for instance. If anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. pliu

pliu Banned

I think the words here mislead. It should not be “mf applies to skeletonsâ€. It should be “mf applies to skeletons killsâ€. So the MF is check at the time skeletons kill a monster.

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

ok..what your telling me is when a skeleton kills a monster its my mf that applies to the kill, ok...that helps alot, I was under the impression that they gain a constant mf % at time of summoning :lol:

4. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

just to throw a bit of a wrinkle in .....
    if a skellie gets the killing blow, does the merc's mf factor in at all?
    or does the merc's mf only come in to play when he gets the killing blow?

5. Rand al'Thor

Rand al'Thor IncGamers Member

only when merc kills his/her mf is added. And yes, u can have a lot of MF on your necro, especially if using amp and CE in cows.. found storm and reapers toll there today.

6. Moridin

Moridin IncGamers Member

OT: Wheel of Time rocks :).

7. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

oh yeah, tell me about it.

lost track of exactly how much mf my skelliemancer has, but it's somewhere in the 600 range (not including merc).

8. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

For MF, I don't think you can use some experimental approach to find out what really happens in a game. It's all about probability. However, based on my best understanding, skeletons can be thought as an extended part of the Necro's body. Skeleton killing = Necro killing. This is not always true obviously, but I think it's good model at least for MF issues.

So, the MF% you have is taken into consideration by bnet or whatever at the moment when the monster loses the last hit point and dies.

9. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I think all minions are treated as extensions of the player from the point of view of mf. When a minion (including your merc) makes a killing blow the mf used is the sum of that on the minion and your own mf. Of course most minions (except your merc) dont have any mf of their own.

10. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

im kinda lost on this.

killing blows, etc...

Say your character has x ammount of MF.
    do your skeletons add a tiny bit to the MF total?
    does your merc add on to that?

im basically asking if it stacks with more minions you have.

11. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Your merc's MF is only added to your's when he makes the kills; not you, or your skeletons or other raised minions.

Your skeletons and other raised minions (including attract curse, I believe) belong to YOU. So if things that belong to YOU kill a monster or something, it's your MF on your gear that counts. Of course, the exception here is if you merc makes the kill.

12. Cerebron

First of all, minions and merc are different. For MF, your skeleton killing a monsters = you killing the monster with your wand, period.

For your merc, it gets a little more complicated. Here's how it works:

You wear 100% MF gear. You merc wear 50% MF gear.

Your MF or Your minions' MF = 100%

You merc's MF = 100% + 50%= 150%

So your merc benefits from your MF bonus; but you don't benefit from your merc's MF. Is this clear?

13. Saraph

Saraph IncGamers Member

clear to me.

14. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Confusion

To add to the confusion. What about corpse explotion?? The necro triggers the explotion, but its the corpse that deals the final blow, not the necro or his minions. What then? :)

15. Unlimited Skill

Unlimited Skill IncGamers Member

If the corpse truly got the "credit" for the kill, then the necromancer who caused the corpse explosion would not get any experience, since the necromancer would not get the credit. Now I am under the impression that we do, in fact, get exp from corpse explosion, and so you get the credit. Your mf would apply to the kill, not anything else's. Blah blah blah dum dum dee, etc...

I'm running on complete theory here, and have been, so if I am wrong, understand that.

16. Cerebron

Come on. You get experience and MF bonus, everything, for corpse explosion.

Applying your idea, then the Orb gets MF for Orbsorc, hammer gets MF for hammerdin, trap gets MF for trapsin, what the heck?