Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

When do you change servers?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by IntellectSucks, Jul 31, 2010.

1. IntellectSucks

IntellectSucks IncGamers Member

When do you change servers?

Last night I was sitting in a NM game, working on my zealot when I saw the SOJ message. I hopped out, grabbed my summoner and started a new game. Was I on the same server or did I switch?

2. Chromesto

Chromesto IncGamers Member

Re: When do you change servers?

Each game is created randomly (or selected by bnet with some kind of system as it is likely that bnet tries to balance the load among all the servers) on one of the servers. After it is created the game stays on that server until it is destroyed. If you create a new game the server is randomly chosen again.

So to answer your question it's likely that you weren't on the same server on the new game.

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Indeed. In these scenario's you are better off rejoining the same game you just left, because as long as you've been in there long enough it'll usually stay alive for a few minutes if you quit, as long as you can get back in there with the other character fast enough.

4. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

the game was in nightmare tho, so no use rejoining with another char in hope to have diablo walk the earth in this particular game