When do exceptional items appear while gambling?

PetePizza

Diabloii.Net Member
When do exceptional items appear while gambling?

Title says it all, I'm tired of looking at breastplates.

Never :D

Eh, what do you mean by exceptional? Are you talking about the items that looks same like the quitled armor and the ghost armor type of thing?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, he's talking about those.

You have to be at a high enough lvl to gamble those. Say around lvl 40-50ish they start appearing i think.

PetePizza

Diabloii.Net Member
Really? Because I don't see them yet at clvl 51.

And yeah, I'm looking for some good armor that I can carry at str 35. -shard- :)

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Having base (ish) strength is overrated imo. Everyone gets +strength gear and neglects resistances. Sure, if you can get +strength in addition to fhr, life, and resists then great for you. I would rather have higher resists and cheaper gear than have ~20 base strength and lower resists.

Imo ~80 life saved by having 20 base strength as opposed to having 60 base strength is not much considering the extra price you pay, and the frustration you get when you are lower resisted///a conviction aura sweeps over you.

Just had to say this

Fred

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
Never mean Never

Unless a few of us who have been brave enough to actually answer this question are wrong, u cannot gamble exceptional rares in classic. Which is unfair and sucks of course. I asked this question here a few months ago: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=342991

Back in 1.09 or early 1.10 I gambled Millions in gold for a warbelt, after probably 50 times trying, no rare warbelt, not even a magical one. Better to use a finditem barb for that one. U are supposed to get 10% rares while gambling. And I think in LoD gambling yields 10% exceptionals. This is why everyone talks about gambling for rings and ammys here. Now u might say "oh, but the Arreat Summit says u can gamble for exceptionals and elites, under 'Basics' and then 'Gambling' so there". Well, thats the AS, and not the old ChaosSanct site that bliz wont maintain for us here anymore in classic.

You can still gamble for normal items with super mods, and I suppose ur lvl matters for certain mods on gear just as it does for +2 ammys.

It would be hard to go over to the Stat forum here and ask this question. Over 95% of those guys dont play Classic anymore, and ppl in LoD are certainly not interested in rares, except circlets and coronets.

Find out the facts before u pour $$$$$$ into gambling for exceptionals in classic!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

thorsa

Diabloii.Net Member
Fearlessone said:
Unless a few of us who have been brave enough to actually answer this question are wrong, u cannot gamble exceptional rares in classic. Which is unfair and sucks of course. I asked this question here a few months ago: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=342991

Back in 1.09 or early 1.10 I gambled Millions in gold for a warbelt, after probably 50 times trying, no rare warbelt, not even a magical one. Better to use a finditem barb for that one. U are supposed to get 10% rares while gambling. And I think in LoD gambling yields 10% exceptionals. This is why everyone talks about gambling for rings and ammys here. Now u might say "oh, but the Arreat Summit says u can gamble for exceptionals and elites, under 'Basics' and then 'Gambling' so there". Well, thats the AS, and not the old ChaosSanct site that bliz wont maintain for us here anymore in classic.

You can still gamble for normal items with super mods, and I suppose ur lvl matters for certain mods on gear just as it does for +2 ammys.

It would be hard to go over to the Stat forum here and ask this question. Over 95% of those guys dont play Classic anymore, and ppl in LoD are certainly not interested in rares, except circlets and coronets.

Find out the facts before u pour $$$$$$ into gambling for exceptionals in classic!! :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
I must disagree with this statement, when you say you cannot gamble for rare items you are talking about the yellow coloured writing on the items

i have gambled many rare rings in hell act 4 on classic it may cost a lots to get one but you can get rare itmes by gambling

Murrogh

Diabloii.Net Member
thorsa said:
I must disagree with this statement, when you say you cannot gamble for rare items you are talking about the yellow coloured writing on the items

i have gambled many rare rings in hell act 4 on classic it may cost a lots to get one but you can get rare itmes by gambling
He didn't say you can't gamble rares, he said you can't gamble exceptional items.

p.s.
also it doesn't matter at all where you gamble. you can gamble any act any difficulty and gambles will be the same.

thorsa said:

SIT NUB!
lol jk