When baby sharks attack!! ... NEXT on FOX!!

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
When baby sharks attack!! ... NEXT on FOX!!

Tresoglavic, 22, was snorkeling on a reef off Caves Beach near Newcastle on Tuesday when a wobbegong, or carpet shark, attacked his leg.

"Once I got on to shore, a couple of people tried to help me, but I could not remove it. It was stuck there, so I got up into my car and then drove to the clubhouse, and luckily the guys down there had a clue what to do."

A senior lifeguard at the clubhouse, Michael Jones, said he couldn't believe his eyes when Tresoglavic turned up -- shark in tow.

"He basically asked the question: 'Can you help me get it off?' There's nothing in our procedure manual for that type of thing," Jones said.
Here's the FULL story.... IF you're brave enough to read it!!

Meh... thought you all might get a kick out of this story.

toader

Banned
That IS pretty funny imagining a dude walking in with a shark hanging off his leg. Thats the kinda thing you see in cartoons.

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
i read that this morning in the paper... i thought it was hilarious if it weren't for the aspect of pain involved

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
I read that... He's gt to be pretty tough having remained calm enough to drive a car with a baby shark on his foot...

Satrina

Diabloii.Net Member
Awww, look at the cutey ickle sharkey :)

Have to admit, I was too lazy to read the whole story, partly from giggling at the thought of an ickle shark hanging on to the guy as he ran around :lol:

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
I like that the article felt it necessary to mention that the sharks were moody and bad-tempered. Do they have road rage?

Poor shark died, though. :(

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the goofy names Aussies give to critters and things; makes me giggle. Wobblegong, say it aloud.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
I like the goofy names Aussies give to critters and things; makes me giggle. Wobblegong, say it aloud.
hehehe - now that you mention it Mac... it does give ya the giggles...

Wob-ble-gong *giggles some more* :lol:

And Anyee... yeah, I thought about that too... too bad they couldn't save the little critter, though I'm thinking that saving the sharks life was not first on this guys list. I suppose if I had 70 or so razor sharp little teeth imbedded in my leg, saving the shark wouldn't be the highest on my priority totem pole. ;)

... good thing he didn't piss off the sharks mother or father as the article states that they reach up to almost 3 meters (10 feet).

"Wob-ble-gong" *giggles some more*

simplyLost

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
hehehe - now that you mention it Mac... it does give ya the giggles...

Wob-ble-gong *giggles some more* :lol:

And Anyee... yeah, I thought about that too... too bad they couldn't save the little critter, though I'm thinking that saving the sharks life was not first on this guys list. I suppose if I had 70 or so razor sharp little teeth imbedded in my leg, saving the shark wouldn't be the highest on my priority totem pole. ;)

... good thing he didn't piss off the sharks mother or father as the article states that they reach up to almost 3 meters (10 feet).

"Wob-ble-gong" *giggles some more*
gotta love the OTF.. even if its just because of the humorous articles you find here.. i think it would've been even more funny if it had been a larger shark.. and he managed to still get ashore.. ;\ But yes that put a smile on my face.. something i haven't done in a few days..

-Lost

Shaigon

Diabloii.Net Member
That's pretty damn funny.
I would laugh my *** of if a guy came walking into a club I was in with a shark hanging off of his leg:lol:

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Bartender: Can i get you somethin to drink?
Man: Nah, but my pal here will take a little fresh water
Lol...
though, it is too bad about the shark dyin