Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

When and why to visit the cow farm?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sunjeet, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

When and why to visit the cow farm?

I was playing my lvl 50+ MF Meteorb and realized that I never did Norm Cows. I used to play D2 a few years ago and took a long break up until a month ago. I used to also play battle.net and knew people used cows for rune-finding and rushing. However, why do people play it on SP? I went back to Norm cows and realized it was pointless. If I kill the Cow King, will I still no longer open the red portal? Also, does the Cow King drop anything special? Are cows useful for leveling at all? Please peeps, tell me what to do...

2. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

one of my sorcs lvls in cows, though I do it mostly for rune finding, they give decent xp, and I've gotten 2 mal runes so far, and a bunch of set/unique/socketables, I definately think it can be profitable, and is definately less boring than meph/pindle

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

I do not visit normal cow level too often. The area level is too low to get some noticable experience (I do play and quest through the whole game) and drops are worse than in the Act 5. It's good for chippies. Cow King's set pieces can drop there IIRC. Cow King himself is good for dropping TC3 sets/uniques, but the server character should stay in the town while he is killed, otherwise that character will not be able to create a red portal again.
    (I am not sure of the last part, because I don't MP much)

4. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

But, isn't moomoo farm the only place you can find the cow king set? So if you collect grail, you must visit moomoo farm (unless you trade for grail).

Plus, normal and NM cows are the best for the set. Hell cows are good for runes, if you can kill fast (eg LF zon) @P8.

5. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I think you can manage atleast level 90 by hell cowing at p8, apart from that, I miss the 1.09 days and you might get lucky with a rune or two down there!

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I do ti for the fun, and the stamina potions that cow king always drops. lol.