Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's your most memorable item drop?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kelicc, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

What's your most memorable item drop?

Been thinking about this lately.

What's the one item drop that is most memorable to you? Doesn't have to be a great item or a super rare item, although it could be. Just that one item that stands out for you.

For me, it came very early in the game. I bought the game when it first came out but I didn't play on battle.net really until the expansion came out. So, I mostly played single player and every now and then I would play via TCP/IP with friends.

My first character was a paladin. Paladins have always been my favorite characters, anyway :). So, I'm questing my paladin through the game and I get to Diablo in Normal. Up until then, I had not found a unique item at all. After struggling to kill Diablo, there it was. My first unique. Light Plate. I identified it and it was Heavenly Garb.

I had played Diablo I but I never paid attention to the fact that item drops were random. I really played for the quests (which ironically were also random) and the storyline. I also never played Diablo I online. So, I was pretty naive with regards to item drops at this point. I thought that "Hmm... all paladins must get Heavenly Garb for defeating Diablo!" Makes sense, right? ;) When my friend defeated Diablo with his pally I asked him if he liked the Heavenly Garb. He had no idea what I was talking about. :)

Anyway, that's the most memorable drop I think I have had. Interested to hear your stories. :)

2. Kar-Karuk

Kar-Karuk IncGamers Member

A similar story. But this is in conjunction with my first ever B-Net char (Necro). I solo'd pretty much during the first few weeks online, however i did find a Lenymo during early act1 which i promptly gave away in one of the rare public games i did join as i had found a Magic (Blue) belt with higher def (I used to think def was everything back then, when it didn't really matter doh!)

Anyway's, my first diablo kill online reaped Full Plate Mail which i then continued to use for a good few months until i eventually traded for the cookie cutter Necro armour back then, Silks. I will never forget that drop and how secksi my Necro looked in Goldskin.

Kar. :drink:

3. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

well, my story aint as interesting as yours.

2 stories actually

first was when i was new to bnet, about 3 months old. i was really struggling rush/gear wise, so when i got to a5 hell, i did endless pindle runs. note that my gear was nothing special, of the pcrown/viper variety. so just when i was gonna give up, out pops a shako, my first elite unique.

second is from a week ago. after what seems like a million eldritch/pindle runs (up to 625 now =/) i was beginning to doubt the wisdom in doing these type of runs. well, in run 422 out pops a dimensional shard. i didnt id it for the longest time. but when i did, well what do you know, a 30%. now i need a 5/5 cold facet :uhhuh:

4. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Ok, two quickies ...1) Recently when I found a unique item I had never seen or heard of before. I discovered it was one of the new 1.10 shields. But probably the MOST memorable was when I was helping some friends through Baal in Normal. We got to the last floor (can't remember the silly name) and out from one of the ugly winged witches (I had another word in mind, but decided against it) out pops a SOJ. After all this time, after all the things I have found, when I'm NOT looking for anything, it pops out!

Masa

5. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Not really a drop but my most memorable find...i was shopping for Cruel Collosus Blades and just happened to look over and find a Cruel War Pike (29x) of Quickness. *Best find yet. DAMN THAT STUPID CONVERSION/THORNS PK B.S. (that was back when it was first discovered).

6. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

My most memorable drop was probably stormshield from Meph. I was so happy to finally find something really good! :clap:

7. det

det IncGamers Member

Hm...my first Unique way back when the game came out was Goblin toe.
    Most memorable....this is so hard. Endlesshail and Stormrider, as they were my first Uniques of 1.07...shortly after that it must have been a Shaftstop from a chest because I never knew its value until someone told me. Of course my first Buriza in Hardcore after searching for one for 2 years in SC. Right on the top of the list would be my one and only Windforce from Pindle..

..but also my very first Unique on the new ladder, when were all poor. That Twitch certainly helped me thru NM...

8. fe-crazywolf

fe-crazywolf IncGamers Member

I think my most memorable finds have probably been the most useful for my favorite character I like to play, the sorceress. I have played the sorceress as one of my first characters since classic, so was just not one of the cookie cutters although my build the aim at high dmg. After around 500 mephisto runs I had found 2 stormshields my favorite shield after 1.09 and still is. I found tals armor twice where I least expected it, once from a normal hell cow and the other from some random knight in the chaos sanc. Those two items were my most memorable and probably among my best finds.

9. Rava

Rava IncGamers Member

I had 2 drops in the early days of D2 that made me jump out of my chair.
    Diablo dropped Silks of the Victor
    a RoF boss dropped Wormskull

that combined with some gambled soj's made one sexy necro back in the day

10. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

not exactly uber equip here, but just the other day i was running my latest version of mf sorc through some nm runs (countess, andy, trav, meph, p/s/e) and was getting annoyed at my lack of mana. so i say to myself, "self, i should really ditch these magefists for some frosties. too bad i don't have any frosties right now, have to start looking for some."

what do you know, the first boss i killed in that run (andy) dropped a pair :D

11. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

Good stories :thumbsup:

12. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Mine is interesting because it shows how lame I am.

I found Kinemat's Awl, or however you spell it. Having just started and not knowing what anything was, I came to this site and looked up normal unique swords.

But there was no Kinemat's Awl listed! I thought I had found a bugged sword. I was positive I had most dope item and was totally stoked about it. I was going to make a post bragging about my 1339 bugged item when I figured I'd better make sure it wasn't listed. So I go back to the unique swords page and say,

"Hmmm, there's a scroll bar. Guess there's lots of one handed swords. Let's see what we can see."

Scroll

"Aw crap!"

The moral of the story: I'm an idiot. Now who's the lame?

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

The first few months of playing D2 I was on softcore. I remember I had some really crappy characters... Zealot, Frenzy Barb, ChargedBoltress. So eventually I managed to trade for a Buriza and made a ridiculously cheesy Bowazon. Well one night Bremm dropped me a Crusader Bow and I nearly crapped my pants. Traded it straight up for 6 sojs right away, only days before that huge soj duping spree about two years ago, lol. You can imagine my amusement...

Got pretty fed up with that and switched from SC West to HC East; the rest is history.

14. Dubby

Dubby IncGamers Member

i still remember my most memorable drop till this day. classic 3 yrs or so ago .. down in the plains making an izzy run when some rare gauntlets fell...

+11str
    +8 dex
    34%mf
    24%fire res
    32%light res

darn godly back then and i loved the countless uniques those gloves reaped for my lancer

15. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Most memorable drop.. Well, lets see.

Back in 1.09 my level 99 amazon, GKS-Alithra was running hell ancients over and over again with her 6K legit guided damage at 8 frames with solid resists and such. I drop and die, no loot. -.-

... Just a game right? RIGHT?! Ugh.

Lucky

16. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Less than a week ago...

Running act 5 with my Java-hybridzon... Pindle, Eldritch, Shenk on Hell...

I finish Pindle (nada), take the WP toss some javelins through the pack, my thumb hits ALT and a Crusader Bow (Eaglehorn) is lying in front of me....and I am mumbling: "Thank you Eldritch." just as I spot him on the edge of my screen scurrying off.
    It's still in my stash.....un-idd.

A while back....
    Another very memorable drop was a Hell Meph-run with my sorc resulting a so called "Blue drop". With a bit of frustration and boredom I open up the chest next to Mephisto's mangled corpse and a Ring drops out... my breath stopped.

Identifying revealed it to be a Carrion Wind. (Cool... currently in use by my SFXZon). And thanks again Meph....

"Have a Full Rejuv....it's on me."

17. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

LOL! That has to be the best, and by best I mean nerdiest, bar pick up line ever.

Lucky

18. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Mt first ever Uni drop . BK wedding band back in 09 sc. I got it from frozenstien in hell with my cold sorc and of course him being cold immune i was forced to run around trying to kill him with thunderstorm. I prolly died to him about 15 times doing it. Wound up trading the ring for griz armor and some other crap ........i was ubar noob

19. RottweilExpress

RottweilExpress IncGamers Member

That'll be a lvl12 sorc's ear.

20. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

I think my most memorable drop was back in 1.02 Softcore, December 2000. I was doing an Izzy run with my polebarb when a pair of Gauntlets dropped. Iding them revealed them to be very godly 20%IAS high dex FR LR Gauntlets - The one item that I needed to complete my Speedazon. *Sigh* They don't make drops like that anymore.