Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats your Ladder-Reset Setup?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by SwampBox, May 1, 2005.

1. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Whats your Ladder-Reset Setup?

Whats your ladder setup for the reset? Are you going to go HC or SC, or nothing at all?

I plan on going Hardcore-Barb. Not sure what kind yet, I just know I want to survive in Hell CS and support Hammerdins with BO in exchange for CS Run EXP.

Goal:
    Be #1 Barb on U.S. East Hardcore
    Do not Die.

2. Ralic

Ralic Banned

Personally, i was gonna go pally or sorc, i dunno wot type either, fire ball or hammerdin. As of HC or SC i dont know. Ive played SC for a while now and have wondered what HC is like. Maybe ill give it a go. Whatever happens, Good luck to you all :thumbsup:

--Kris--

3. WNxZerker

WNxZerker IncGamers Member

I am going to make three chars next season. a skelemancer mfer on expansion softcore ladder to get items for my hammerdin (also expansion softcore ladder)
    and a sorc rusher on classic softcore ladder.
    my aim is to do hellforge runs with the help of my friends and get high runes early on the ladder so that I can help my clan out with gear and runewords

Zerker

4. SwampBox

Welcome to Classical Diablo 2! Runes do not exist! :thumbsup:

:lol:

5. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

You can convert your char to expansion at any time ;).

6. JME

JME IncGamers Member

Excuse me to interrupt but when does the ladder reset, because I don't want to waste my time and I had similar plans.

7. Ralic

Ralic Banned

Nobody actually knows when the ladder is going to re-set, it could be announced before it happens, on the other hand blizzard could do it while we are sleeping ;) for when we wake up.

--Kris-- :thumbsup:

8. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Yes, but would you really want to do that? Tell me, do you guys think that 1.10 classic characters can live in expansion 1.10? Is it worth it? What builds do you think would be successful and which one wouldn't make it?

Do you remember the difference between 1.09 and 1.10? Remember how many characters you had to retire when 1.10 came out? Do you think the difference between classic and expansion are similar to that? I haven't made a study of it, and I am curious... I have a hard enough time finding time to actually play the game, let alone test some builds.

9. SwampBox

Me and four other people are going onto Classical Hardcore Ladder for the new season and are planning to get high up in the rankings (csing together, questing together,etc.)
    we got...

1 Hammerdin
    1 WarCry Barb
    1 MFer for the whole group
    1.Hydra-Sorc
    And I dont know what to make. What would be the best supporter in Hell CS for the team?

10. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I think he ment a long the lines of rushing mules then converting them to xpansion for runes in hellforge. Though I think most classes would work in xpac other then adjusting stats (you need more strength and dex in x-pac.) The skills are all the same on expansion to classic with the same synergies so other then stats and items being varied it should be the same.

11. WNxZerker

some char builds are just plain powerfull no matter wether its classic or ladder.
    for instance the hammerdin dose well in classic with little to no +skill gear. and when you convert it to expansion you can outfit it with runewords and elite uniqes and he is ready to go again. my ladder softcore expansion hammerdin is lvl 83 and does 9k hammers with battle comand and battle orders and even teleports. still havent maxed out his synergies yet, but all his stats are the same as my classic hammerdin is going to be.
    also the pure fire sorc could do well although she will need a merc and better gear almost every fire sorc on D2LOD wants around 10 fire skill charms and most of tals set.
    I think i might make a hammerdin and a sorc on classic ladder next season and then convert the hammerdin after rushing a few mules and then mf my way to expac riches. instead of my other plan.

Zerker

12. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

The point of rushing chars in classic and converting is to skip the ancients quests and lvl requirements of obtaining those (20,40,60 respectively). Sure, i know theres a way around it in expansion but it will be virtually impossible to do that at the start of the ladder, and the classic rushing gets around it easily.

13. TEB-Bird

TEB-Bird IncGamers Member

hcc

probably going to do pal on hc east.

Blizzard sorc+hammerdin+bo/shout barb is a pretty solid cs team. Having a necro thrown in doesn't hurt. Or some extra hammerdins or Blizzard sorcs.

14. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

Just a random thought, but what about a pure party support sorc? Max Static Field (16 yard range @ lvl20) and maybe Enchant and its synergies.

15. SwampBox

Woah... I am doing the exact same thing. Me and 4 friends (in real life) all play D2 HC Classical and were all finally done picking our char's out for the new ladder and im one of the two supporter chars. Were doing:

1 Hammerdin
    1 MFer (MF's for the whole group)
    1 Hydra Sorc
    1 Barbarian w/ BO
    1 Static Sorc (pure support char) = me

This char will help the Hammerdin fly through CS, but I also want to stay alive:
    Skills:
    Max Static Field
    Max Chilling Armor
    Teleport
    Pre-Skills (5 of them)

Weapon will be shard for very fast Static Field attack. Ive never done this before so I dont know if I will like it or not, but I am prepared to not be able to kill anything alone, I will always be a major support-char

16. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

The perfect cs team is 2 sorcs, 5 pala and someone's second comp is a BO barb that leaves party at D. :D

17. WNxZerker

pure static sorc?
    sounds usefull to have maxed static but its only gonna cut hammerdin time down by half in general running around (hammers will take about a quater life per hit as will static ).
    hammerdins do huge dammage and the only time you will be really helping them out is when there is a magic immune or you are staticing ahead of thier hammer field. perhaps another backup skill like enchant for the barb or something. perhaps maxed orb and cold mastery to freeze enemies for the other chars. its only gonna take 20 points to get static not even any pre-reqs.
    it just seems a waist to make a char in a group that is going to go far and get real high lvl only to be able to do nothing by itself.
    perhaps a summonmancer with some descent curses like life tap to return life to the hammerdin. and skellies to act as a meatwall.

there is also a char build used on LoD called a cleric wich is a pure support char that heals recovers mana and uses conviction to help out elemental atacks.

Zerker

18. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

I made a higher level (75-ish) cleric in Classic in Season one and he was quite useful. Salvation aura for resists for everyone nearby in the party, or meditation if someone asked for it, and then Holy Bolts to heal part people and kill undead. It worked well for Chaos Sanctuary runs as it was good to kill the undead quickly there to avoid those nasty curses... Nice for solo Mausoleum runs also since everything there is undead but getting there involved using the "run away" strategy from monsters that aren't undead.

19. purplelocust

Can Life Tap give life back to a hammerdin? I thought that was just melee.
    For a support curse, it's hard to beat decrepify. Lots of hammerdins rely on redemption for mana/health restoration and those require some communication with skelemancers to share corpses appropriately.

20. purplelocust

An enchantress/static combo is a great party support arrangement, particularly since neither one takes a lot of skill points to be effective. I have a bow enchantress that works well with other melee characters in the party and can static a big area to make things easier for everyone. Once nice thing about static is that it gets everything in range- hammers have a way of missing a few monsters in there.