Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whats your fav Character/s and what Characters have u made?? der=0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by brualness, Aug 29, 2006.

1. brualness

brualness Banned

whats your fav Character/s and what Characters have u made??

i am just wanting to know what Characters ppl really like here and what 1s thay have try out........

for me

i started out with a pala (hemmerdin) was fun for a bout a day
    so the i made a psn necro got him 2 lvl 65 got bored he went bye bye
    then i made a bone necro and had so much fun with him play with him all the time:)

and then i mada a java was ok arfter that made a fire soso na was not 4 me

then i made a bowazon omg i love her

and there has been a light soso

so i would say my Characters are a bowazon and bone necro

2. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Most played and the one i enjoy the most must be light sorc. The one i now play the most is a fury/rabies druid. Its a nice second, but it just cant beat the sorc somehow. The sorc is pure pvm and the druid is pvp. So i think they are the queen and king respectively in their leage. :laugh:

Anyways, a list of chars made that i can think of. Not counting rebuilds, or different ladders... or early 1.09 for that matter, cos i cant remember what i had then other than my orb sorc.

Lightsorc
    Fire sorc
    Lld cold sorc
    Orb sorc
    Enchantress

Fury Druid
    Fury/rabies
    Fire druid
    Hunter
    Windy

Trapper

Lld zealer
    Smiter
    Hammerdin
    Frostdin
    Tesladin

Mld ww barb
    Gf barb
    Barb (first char, cant really classify :laugh: )

Bonemancer
    Summoner
    Poison nec (really liked this one too, not getting much playtime with the sorc...)

Frost maiden
    Javazon
    Lld bowazon

This could be a pretty accurate list. Many of these never made it to the 80s and most of them had really bad stuff.
    And no, ive never made an ik barb. :rolleyes:

3. brualness

brualness Banned

yes i must amit when be 4 i got rid of my light soso i did have a bit of fun with here i love the dam thay can get up 2 :shocked: its nuts

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I've probably had the most fun with my bone/summoning marrowwalker (1.09), faith strafer, guided windforcer (1.09), hydra/orber, avenger (first day of expansion), and windy (first day of ladder).

If all you find fun is killing stuff fast, you might as well join the cheaters on open.

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

What a positive way of looking at it. :rolleyes:

6. DarkYakuza

DarkYakuza IncGamers Member

i'v been playing since 1.08 so i have tons of characters, but most of them are now expired :\

d2 classic 1.08
    WW barb
    Nova Sorc

d2 1.08
    hydra sorc
    firewall sorc
    nova sorc (new one)
    WW barb (new one)
    bowazon

hydra sorc (new one)
    fury druid
    2x zealot pally
    2x orber mf sorc
    3x bowazon (new one)
    claw assasin
    trapassin
    java/bow hybrid zon
    bone necro
    summon necro

fireball sorc
    lightning sorc
    blizzard sorc
    claw/trap hybrid assasin
    bow assasin
    poison javazon
    lightning javazon
    bone necro (new one)
    rabies druid

poison amazon (ladder)
    fire claw druid (ladder)
    mf orber sorceress (ladder)
    mf barb (ladder)
    bowazon (ladder)
    fireball sorceress (ladder, currently working on it)

thats all i can remember, i'm sure i've had more then that :) my least favorite to most favorite characters are

(least favorite)
    barbarian
    palladin (just because they are overplayed)
    necromancer
    assasin
    amazon
    druid
    sorceress
    (most favorite)

7. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

my fave's would have to be:

my CL/Orber MF sorcy. Not as powerful as most, but that's not the point. the fun comes from accurate tele'ing to stay alive, and placing perfect orbs and herding for CL to be most effective.

Dagger tankamazon... you heard right. i was killing effectively in act 1 hell with a stormspike before i got bored and deleted, a gg 400 average dmg per hit. strategy was needed in order to kill effectively, making use of CB/OW, but i could tank better than most Barbs and Pallys, even with dodgy gear.

fishymancer.

bowzons are another fave of mine, provided you have a decent bow.

8. bg1256

bg1256 IncGamers Member

I really enjoyed several different builds. Here are a few:

Paladin: My first zealot was a blast for me, and I also enjoyed my avenger.
    Sorc: I had a full Tal's meteorb sorc that was a blast, ladder S3.
    Druid: Windies are fun!
    Amazon: My first lightning amazon was tons of fun. It was a cow-killing machine.
    Barb: my favorite character of all-time is my WW barb, which was designed to be BvC, but I never really finished getting his gear good enough to be successful in PvP. Nonetheless, he was indestructible and tons of fun to play.

9. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

My favorite chars are: Hammerdin (seriously) and Strafer.

10. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

My favorite character is the Assassin - I've made every freaking type of character you can probably think of, because I can't go a week without making a new char (unless I really like them, in the case of my MLD fire druid and LLD bowazon)

11. soul killer

soul killer Banned

My Fav. Chars are: My Pwnage Bonemancer Frenzy Barb :D

12. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

Meteorb sorc, now lvl 97: runs through Hell like it's Normal.
    Also orb/hydra sorc is fun to play, though not as powerful.

Have also made javazon, lightning trapsin and hammerdin. (Actually have tried everything once but usually lose interest and drift back to sorcs...)

13. SpaceFalcon

SpaceFalcon IncGamers Member

Bowazon has always been my favorite,

I remember when I started playing I had a zon with a two hand axe lol.

14. Need a name

Need a name IncGamers Member

My top three favourite:
    1. Paladins - any melee build. I personally get bored of hammerdins after a little while.
    2. Bowazon - Specifically a frozen arrow one.
    3. Lightning Sorc - My first char after coming out of retirement. It has served me well so far.

15. Billweed

Billweed Banned

Naked Sorc HardCore

16. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Well here we are. Erm...to the topic at hand.

My personal favorite character is an Enchantress. I never (and I mean never...well, maybe once in a while...) get tired of hearing the "WTFX!!1" shouts from level 5's as they realize they're doing about 6k too much damage per hit...unfortunately, it's always hard to get people to listen.

OT Story: So I used to Baal in Normal a lot (another story in and of itself) with my Enchantress. So my Enchant is ~5.6k, level 54...it's good, we'll leave it at that. So a lot of times, the Baal games kinda...empty out. In fact, most of the time all I have left are the Smiters that want to kill Baal himself after the run. Unfortunately, they think it's impossible that ANYTHING could be better than Smite, which leads to the problem. Enchant doesn't affect smite. So here they are, enchanted, ready to 1 hit nearly everything in Norm, and they're perfectly unwilling to do anything but wail on things for 30 seconds with smite...My least favorite thing in the world is trying to convince people that they should be zealing, not smiting, while I enchant them. Ugh.

Back on topic: The same thing works pretty much the same with my BO Barb. He's got ~level 52 BO, which generally makes people...happy. Unfortunately, convincing level 25 Barbs with level 2 BO that my BO is better...can be...frustrating...(I don't understand why they can't see that their life PLUMMETS when they cast their BO over my own...). Nonetheless, as you can probably tell, I like to...surprise people.

Of course, my all time favorite character is a Rabies druid. Fury is for losers. Plain out pure mass Rabies. No other skill in D2 can match it's level of strategy. If only it worked like a real disease (don't ask, I'm tired of explaining stuff) it would be an amazing skill. However, despite that, it's still really fun. And it's great in PVP, since most people assume that poison can't kill them...

17. NoobXDon

NoobXDon IncGamers Member

my favorite builds for this season:
    1)pure light sorc
    2) FA/LF hybrid zon
    3) my new libby/vanquisher

18. Aiglos

Aiglos IncGamers Member

My favorite and most sentimental build will always be the Pally I run now -- he's a straight-up, stoneskin, walk into the throne and take it, kind of guy.

He's the first character I've ever run to 90+ -- he's also the first character I've ever managed to Patriarch on a solo run.

I've played hammerdins...I get really tired of standing around and not doing anything but watching little golden hammers flying through the air.

I played a meteorb sorc, and found lots of nice things, but alas...she got corrupted.

I played a Frenzy Barb...he was a good time too.

But for sheer strategy it has to go to my Pally. I have worked and reworked his combinations of weapons, armor, and accesories to the point of insanity. I have worked on ultra-strange combinations of low to mid runewords for both he and my merc (good ole' Gulzar...he just loves killin' things) to the point that they are a well-oiled machine. Gulzar, by himself, with his eth Grim Scythe Obedience...his 1900, eth, Hellforge Duress, and his Veil of Steel. He is a raging beast of a merc. I routinely turn him loose in the World Keep while I occupy things with my zeal (boosted by my Soul Drainers and their lv. 3 Weaken -- WONDERFUL proc, btw). I may not be doing 40k dmg like the blizzard sorc standing next to me, but when I'm standing in the middle of Listor and the rest of the Tormenters in the Throne (sucking up all that damage that no one else really wants to take), while I watch the IK barbs and sorcs and javazons all hang back and wait for the killing to be done...I feel VERY proud.

19. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

As if anyone on the realms using Enigma, Beast, Faith, Grief, etc. isn't cheating by using obvious dupes. If you care at all about legitimacy, you have to either play self-found or refuse to trade for runes Lum or above.

- Noodle

20. ilovesoda

ilovesoda IncGamers Member

My fav chars are: summoner with beast, bliz, bowa and kicker.
    Edit: Made all btw.