What's your Christmas list for this year?

Bortaz

Banned
I wish I'd not have to spend Christmas with my family cos it's never nice, and always boring.

And for once I wish Christmas would be nice. I hate Christmas. Always something terrible happens.:embarassed:
Damn, you're depressing. :undecided:

WildBerry

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I'd not have to spend Christmas with my family cos it's never nice, and always boring.

And for once I wish Christmas would be nice. I hate Christmas. Always something terrible happens.:embarassed:
I don't mean to be an ***, and I realise I don't know everything of your situation. But this makes me wonder... why don't you call preoccupied if this is the case? I know blood's thicker than water, and I don't blame you for wanting to be civil with your family. But how about declining in a fair manner?

I think you really need a Christmas you can decidedly make happy. I'm not sure what drives you that way, but I suggest an attempt of hoarding people near you. People, to be precise, who you assume to want spend time with you.

Christmases, like any other holidays - or any other days for that matter, are largely what you make of them - as such, I cannot see something terrible just spontaneously happens every Christmas, even to you. Of course, there are times we have to spend time with people we rather wouldn't do so with, but I think if you have to spend a holiday sacrificing your comfort for the others', I suggest you opt Easter. More thematically fitting.

all I want is an HDTV or widescreen monitor

and money
and a decent job
and love
*Jumps on Ash's lap*

OOOHOOOOHOOHOHOH

I WANT A....

xbox 360
Wii
PS3
Diablo II (20 copies, of coures)
Starcraft (50 copies... stealthbot is VERY useful)
A new laptop
A new computer
Money
CANDY!!!!!
DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!

Yes, yes... a very perfect list, imo.

ael

Diabloii.Net Member
hey it's not my money :azn:

but actually, those are pretty cheap. Only the Rx8 will be somewhat expensive. And if i do get an rsx, it would be used anyways since they're being discontinued.
Where I live cars cost much more than in the US. For ex a car that costs around 10.000$ would be around 30.000 or even more in my part of europe.

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my cell contract expires in December, so the mother said she'd buy my a new phone since I plan on switching carriers.

Samsung Sync

Probably a Carhartt jacket from my father, along with some other stuff.

An NSRV Bible from my grandparents.

A bunch of DVDs, including Boondock Saints, Pulp Fiction, Tombstone and the like.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
Having just learned that my best friends' family (well most of his family anyways) will be away during Christmas, leaving him to take care of the dogs, I wish I could spend Christmas with him. It sure would be fun.

I always wish for things I can't have. :embarassed:
Well hon, you are an adult. If you want to spend Christmas with him, then do it. You already said that you live far away from them, so use that as your excuse if you want.

Back to the topic: I requested pratical items - some new clothes - jeans, socks, that sort of thing and a new watch - timex indiglo.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't mean to be an ***, and I realise I don't know everything of your situation. But this makes me wonder... why don't you call preoccupied if this is the case? I know blood's thicker than water, and I don't blame you for wanting to be civil with your family. But how about declining in a fair manner?

I think you really need a Christmas you can decidedly make happy. I'm not sure what drives you that way, but I suggest an attempt of hoarding people near you. People, to be precise, who you assume to want spend time with you.

Christmases, like any other holidays - or any other days for that matter, are largely what you make of them - as such, I cannot see something terrible just spontaneously happens every Christmas, even to you. Of course, there are times we have to spend time with people we rather wouldn't do so with, but I think if you have to spend a holiday sacrificing your comfort for the others', I suggest you opt Easter. More thematically fitting.
Family is inevitable family....if I don't go, there will be an argument that starts rising. I best stop it before it starts. Though I did consider not going, and considered (and maybe still do) going to my best mate even though he lives too far away for my budget.

And I hate Christmas for personal reasons. Always something awfull happens. People die (both my grandparents, in one night). Cats die (my dear cat died shortly before Christmas). Relationships end (we split up last years shortly before Christmas). Contracts end (We are really sorry that we cannot extend your contract....etc). And there's no comfort in all the rest of the world being so smug happy about it, even when just on the surface.

I'm no Scrooge, but I don't like having things forced down my throat. The happiness and togetherness there is for other people with Christmas, has just never been there for me.

sex
work shirts
beer
pants
rum
tripod LED flashlight
sex
books
any combination of sex, beer &rum
saw blades
Scotch (Talisker)
Japanese water stone
sex
poing
boobies
Durf (he's so dreamy)
beer
more power tools
power tool accessories
shop lights
shop radio
sex in the shop
parts for my bike
a bike lift
sex
rum
at least one decent night's sleep in December (early gift)

Gertlex

Banned
My birthday and Xmas are the same month, so I generally group the two together.

Things I'd love to have and expect I'll get:
a dremel
usb numpad
gift certificates to various places

Things I'd love to have and haven't even asked for because they're unrealistic, considering the scope that presents usually cover (absolutely nothing I've gotten has ever been >$200). All those kids who get several hundred dollars from various parts of the family are spoiled.

Oh, I got off on a tangent there; those things:
Small drill press
Small lathe
Wii
Girl (... No, I don't mean "be given a girl")

Edit: pretty much what smeg wants, minus the sex and booze and the like. Yay for making stuff.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
My birthday and Xmas are the same month
So is mine..2 weeks apart. Celebrations were never distinguished for me. I always got a birthday/christmas present. That is one reason that I make such a big deal for Liam..his b-day is the 23rd of December. I have always stressed his b-day more. To me, his birth was the best gift I ever got (well, Samara as well). Samara has it bad as well..being born January 8th.

Oh, I got off on a tangent there; those things:
Small drill press
Small lathe
Make sure they know a 12" drill press is what you need.
Also, "small" in terms of a lathe means it's only 4 feet long and can turn a mere 12" hardwood log.

~wishes I could get a lathe~

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
Family is inevitable family....if I don't go, there will be an argument that starts rising. I best stop it before it starts. Though I did consider not going, and considered (and maybe still do) going to my best mate even though he lives too far away for my budget.

And I hate Christmas for personal reasons. Always something awfull happens. People die (both my grandparents, in one night). Cats die (my dear cat died shortly before Christmas). Relationships end (we split up last years shortly before Christmas). Contracts end (We are really sorry that we cannot extend your contract....etc). And there's no comfort in all the rest of the world being so smug happy about it, even when just on the surface.

I'm no Scrooge, but I don't like having things forced down my throat. The happiness and togetherness there is for other people with Christmas, has just never been there for me.
I think that this year you need to give yourself a present and do what you want for Christmas. Your family is going to make you miserable regardless of what you do, so you might as well do something you want.

Gertlex

Banned
Make sure they know a 12" drill press is what you need.
Also, "small" in terms of a lathe means it's only 4 feet long and can turn a mere 12" hardwood log.

~wishes I could get a lathe~
12" diameter? o_O... I've heard of but never seen one that large :p

I'm fairly certain I saw a 3 foot long luggable at Harbor Freight the one time I went there.

And as I said, I'm not asking for that stuff. My parents are too cheap (though I've seen small, maybe less than 12", drill presses for maybe $70). But then too, I'm glad I'm not spoiled :azn: