Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what's wrong?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mirokuwinds, Mar 26, 2005.

1. mirokuwinds

mirokuwinds IncGamers Member

what's wrong?

Ok i just recently have had an urge to play diablo again, however there's a reason why i quit. On my desktop when i was in the lobby my cd would start spinning really fast and it would make a lou dsound to stop it. On my laptop when i installed diablo2 i could feel the cd starting to spin really fast while i was in the lobby. So, do i have to buy new discs or what? thanks.

Note the discs are like..3-4 years old i think...

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I doubt the age of the discs are the matter, so you shouldn't get new discs. You mean it makes a loud whirring sound but you can still play D2?

If you can't load D2, it probably is because your disc's got a thumbprint or scratches or even just plain messed up, and your computer cannot read the disk.

On the contray, if you actually CAN load D2 and play w/o any problems even with these sounds, then maybe you've got a really sensitive anti-sound-proof E drive. (lol the WORST suggestion ever ya I know... :D )

- Dennis

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Usually it shows the disc is unclean. Well thats for me.. I had this game where it spins super fast in my computer and when I opened it, it spun out of the computer. :) Then the computer tells me the CD is either unclean or has errors.

4. dth

dth Banned

so why is this in the sorceress forum again? :D

5. frederikdnd2

frederikdnd2 IncGamers Member

rofl, kinda was wondering the same thing hehe
    If you want yourself really helped try some tech support...

6. Miladys-Knight

Miladys-Knight IncGamers Member

I had this same issue with the very first set of disks that I got. What I found (after the fact) was that one batch of the very first D2 disks that was put out was just a little too small. The copy I had spun up (It was in a 52 speed CD drive) and went so fast that it warped as it was spinning and exploded in the drive. Blew the front cover right off my CD drive and pieces flew across the room. Talk about scarey. The reason that my drive kept accessing the disk was because I didin't have enough memory on the mother board and the game kept accessing the disk for information. To address this issue.

1. Compare the disk in size with a couple of other disks that you have. If it is fractionally smaller get a different copy. If not....
    2. Have your CD drive checked to make sure that all of the parts and in good working order.
    3. Add more memory to your mother board. If the game can load all the info that it needs the first time it wont spin up (when you kill an end act monster for instance)

7. frederikdnd2

frederikdnd2 IncGamers Member

omg, sounds like a horror movie to me!!Slain by an exploding disc...