What's wrong with non ladder?

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
What's wrong with non ladder?

Since I only started playing this ladder season and after some frustrating month's in Hell i finaly got the hang of it and i got rich.

So i'm not sure if i will give up these riches and just start over again on ladder when it resets.

Yet, I hear lot's of ppl telling that non ladder isn't half as fun as ladder, so what's wrong with it?

Are there any NL players around here?

What's the difference?

I recon there are trade value differences?


Bert
 

SeDnA

Diabloii.Net Member
In west, NL runes are worth gold.

5 Million gold : 1 High Rune

Well how bad is that? Everyone has enigma after ONE day of playing...
 

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
In west, NL runes are worth gold.

5 Million gold : 1 High Rune

Well how bad is that? Everyone has enigma after ONE day of playing...
My god I did like 4 month's over it...

I do play europe, maybe that makes a differce?

Bert
 

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
SeDnA said:
In west, NL runes are worth gold.

5 Million gold : 1 High Rune

Well how bad is that? Everyone has enigma after ONE day of playing...
OMG, I'm sure it's harder to get an Isenhart's Case than a BER rune :bonk:
 

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
It's not that worse (yet) in europe, price for a hr is around soj (some say a little less, some say equal)

Average hr goes for 80 pgems atm (europe nonladder)
soj goes for 90 pgems (on average)

And we're expecting worse...
 

Darnoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Bert said:
Since I only started playing this ladder season and after some frustrating month's in Hell i finaly got the hang of it and i got rich.

So i'm not sure if i will give up these riches and just start over again on ladder when it resets.

Yet, I hear lot's of ppl telling that non ladder isn't half as fun as ladder, so what's wrong with it?

Are there any NL players around here?

What's the difference?

I recon there are trade value differences?


Bert
More hacks, dupes, and items from 1.08/1.09 or older too including things like constricting rings and merman sprockets which weren't supposed to be available. I still have fun playing NL on east though; over here high runes go from 3 sojs for 2 high runes to 2 sojs for 1 high rune.

Personally Im gonna play ladder when it resets though; I like the idea of everyone starting over..
 

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
Aradhai said:
I think there should be an option to go ladder or not... then everyone would be happy!
There is.

Its the little box you tick whether to create a character in ladder or Non-Ladder?

Or am i mis-interpreting the post?







Arb
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
With the long ladder season all ladder and non-ladder realms are garbage now, full of duped runes/runewords and other crap.
 

Rice_Farmer3

Diabloii.Net Member
I play nonladder and i dont see anything bad in it. i play on useast and i wish that realm could also get u a high rune for money. cuz i played for like 2 years and finally got my enigma by PURE luck. I traded tal armor to this newb who apparently just started, got stuff from his friend (my enigma included), just heard about MF, thought it was the best mod ever, thought my tal armor (around 100% mf with P topaz)was the best item ever, didnt hesitate to trade enigma for my tal armor.
 

IN_FLAMES

Banned
I play East NL and I like it. There are alot of duped amulets/rings/boots though, such as Armageddon Fletch, Imp Brow, Gale Shell, Storm Circlet, Soul Spur, Corruption grip, etc. I've had some people complain about their HR's 'poofing' but that's never happened to me.

Also, the currency is fine here. Runes Um-Gul are 1 soj and above that are 2. Enigma/COH are 3 sojs. You can't get runes for gold or p-gems here.
 

Crimson_Knight

Diabloii.Net Member
ya I'm in USEAST like them and the trade values are fine.....hr's are 2 sojs and enigmas go for 2-3 sojs depending on the base item. hr's for gold on east is unheard of and I hope it never comes to that.
 

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
I finally have a lot of gear on nonladder and it will be fun making different characters and seeing how they work with nearly max gear. Like a bone necro with 8-10 skillers, anni etc. Maybe an enchant sorc with 40+ to enchant.

Ladder is still what I like best because you can start fresh every so often and you can cube runes, upgrade gear, and try for legit ladder only runewords like spirit, edge and insight. (I made a perfect Oath Colussus blade the other day). The high end runewords are not possible if you play legit.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Cooked said:
I finally have a lot of gear on nonladder and it will be fun making different characters and seeing how they work with nearly max gear. Like a bone necro with 8-10 skillers, anni etc. Maybe an enchant sorc with 40+ to enchant.

Ladder is still what I like best because you can start fresh every so often and you can cube runes, upgrade gear, and try for legit ladder only runewords like spirit, edge and insight. (I made a perfect Oath Colussus blade the other day). The high end runewords are not possible if you play legit.
Aren't you contradicting yourself in that second paragraph? You say that you can try for legit ladder only runewords and then you say that high end runewords are not possible.
 

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
Cooked said:
The high end runewords are not possible if you play legit.
I find this comment offensive and insulting. I have and always will play legit. To me this means I do not hack or dupe and will not knowingly trade with anyone who does.
:mad:
When the new ladder runewords came out an Infinity Polearm became my holy grail. I found a high eth titans (near hell eldrich) which I traded for a ber rune. I then found a vex (hell act 1 jail), which I traded for another ber. The entire process took a few months but my sorc now has an Infinity merc.
:clap:
Back to the topic, please correct me if I'm wrong, but each ladder bliz has made available things unavailable on the previous ladder/non-ladder. 1st season it was new items (uniques), 2nd season it was the new runewords, 3rd season...??? And of course, the ladder only h-cube formulas (runes up to zod, exceptional to elite uniques)

Good luck, whatever you decide!
 

Sh4dovv

Banned
if u dont want to leave ur riches, DONT!

NL owns!

alot of ignorant ladder only players only play ladder because they think that it has everything NL has to offer + extra runewords

there are ALOT of items BETTER than the new lad runeswords which are NL only as they come from past patches

AND we get the new lad runewords here after each reset

mixing NL only with L only = GG characters! :D
 

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
Aren't you contradicting yourself in that second paragraph? You say that you can try for legit ladder only runewords and then you say that high end runewords are not possible.
He mentioned that he made Spirit, Edge, Insight, and Oath. All of those require mid runes, no high runes. He then said that the HIGH end runewords are not possible.

@SirDooFuss: You traded for those two Bers and trust me when I say there is a 99% chance they are duped. Infact, I would safely bet all my accounts that they were both duped. If they weren't duped, there is no one on bnet with half a brain that would make either of those trades. You are using dupes, and if using dupes violates your "Legit" rules then you simply aren't legit by your own standards. Most people see trading for non-hacked but potentially duped items as okay though.

@Sh4dovv: You're right, there are alot of items on NL that are more powerful than what is possible on L. We call them hacks/dupes. Wizgloves, Bugged Tals, Soul Spurs, Fletch, 15/70s, 3/20/20s, etc. Those 1.08 Valk Wings and Valors, 99% duped as well. Some of us don't like to use illegit items though.
 

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
I find this comment offensive and insulting.

I should have been more clear. There is nothing wrong with trading for runes. We all know there is a very good chance that they are duped but there is just no other way to get them right now.

What I meant, and did not state clearly, is how difficult it is to FIND your own Ber rune thus not participating at all in the duped rune world. I have a Ber cubed from two Sur runes and a Jah which was cubed from two Ber runes. I traded for the Sur and Ber runes out in the trade channels and realize they may well be duped. You and I are in agreement on what constitutes "legit" play, I think.
 

Sh4dovv

Banned
Cooked said:
I have a Ber cubed from two Sur runes and a Jah which was cubed from two Ber runes. I traded for the Sur and Ber runes out in the trade channels and realize they may well be duped. You and I are in agreement on what constitutes "legit" play, I think.
oh ouch, a jah from 2 bers? :rolleyes:

so in your mind that makes the jah legit? even if it was cubed from 2 ber?
 
Top