Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats wrong with my Sorc..

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ogrt48, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Ogrt48

Ogrt48 IncGamers Member

Whats wrong with my Sorc..

Whats wrong with my sorc? I know the resists are bad but I can't seem to find anything to fix them! :( I'm trying to do Mephisto runs in hell. I can do decent damage with my FO to him but he kills me rather fast. Instead of taking the time to write out my stats here is pictures to all my equipment and info :) http://matt.teptrix.com/images/Diablo2/Character/

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

For one thing your vit is extremely low, as are your resistances. You might want to try and get more +resistance or life on an armor, since the one you're using has no good mods for a sorc. Just wondering whether or not you pumped energy? Seems pretty high, that would be a reason for having such low vitality. Also try and get an occulus if you can, should be failry easy to get. Hope I could help, although you might have to remake sorc and not pump energy so much.

3. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Life is rather low there, 140 points into ene is way too much even in softcore. Most sorc builds can get away with base energy, CL sorc maybe the only exception. 143 str is too much as well, especially since none of your equipment requires that much str as far as I could see. Your dex is a mix up - too low for maxblock, way too high even for wizzy.

That said, your equipment:

Don't use Whitstan's - Its blocking is the only thing that's good about it and even then your dexterity is way too low for maxblock at your level. 2PDia Moser's or PDia Ward will boost your resists by 44/30-50 respectively. Even an Ancient's Pledge or 3Pdia shield will get you 29/38 more resists.

The armor you are wearing seems pretty useless to me, the defense is too low to make any difference anyway. Viper would be nice here, but if you don't have them, "Smoke" (NefLum) will yield 50 res all

Swapping these two pieces of equipment can get you 100% more resists at best, which could solve your problem. Otherwise I advice on scaling back with the MF and wearing something with resists in these spots.

4. warding

warding Banned

Make sure resists are maxed before anything else :) Wizpike should help alot with this, get a Shako if you can for the life bonus, Vipermagi for the resists.

Either make your sorc block or no block. If its a block sorc your dex should be alot higher for that lvl :) Also meteor/fireball without synergies is pretty useless.

Im trying to tab the resists: Hell = 175 to max; Anya = 30, Wizpike = 75, Vipermagi = 35, a P diamond in any shield = 19. There's 159 :) The rest can easily be made up for in your ammy or charms.

5. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Or just concentrate on Nightmare Meph. He can drop some good **** too.

And you didn't forget the three Anya quests did you?

6. Ogrt48

Ogrt48 IncGamers Member

I'm going to make an Ancients Pledge for now to help me out since I already have those runes, I just need the 3 socket shield. My str is high because I wish to get a Stormshield sometime. I'll be putting the rest of my stat points into VIT for awhile. I haven't done Hell Ayna yet. I have the WP to her but I can't live to free her.

7. ventilator

Ok, please keep in mind that an Ancient's Pledge, while cheap, is worse than a 3 PDia shield. Also, if you don't have a Lum for Smoke or a Viper, socketing Ral, Ort and Thul runes in armor and helm is a cheap way of gaining a lot of resists.

Last but not least I'd recommend sticking to NM mfing to build your itembase and ultimately rebuilding your sorc. Even Stormshield only requires 126 str and you definitely want more vita :)

8. Ogrt48

Ogrt48 IncGamers Member

Ok, I found an Atma Wail armor. IS there a way to put 3 sockets into it so I can add Ral, Ort, Thul?
    I'll do a 3PDia Shield instead of Ancients Pledge, didn't realize it was better. I'll stick to nm mephy and baal for a bit longer. Also where do I find a Wizpike, I can't seem to locate it on d2data.

9. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

SS requires 156 strenght

10. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Wizspike is elite dagger.

11. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

Its not really called Wizspike but "Wizardspike" and like m0nk said its a dagger.

12. ventilator

Technically, yes. It gives 30 strenght though, which can thus be deducted from the requirement. Equip charms with 30 strenght to equip Storm, remove charms, you know the deal I'm sure.

13. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

This tech has the disadvantage that if and when you die you wont be able to wear that storm. You will have to "wear" the str charms again, then equip storm, then remove charms. I find this pretty annoying and nontheless not a viable option for full time usage.

14. ventilator

Well, I play Hardcore only and thus I do not encounter the problems you mention :) I don't think any of my characters meet req for the most demanding items without equip/charms. I think that's a very viable option for getting the most out of your equipment.

15. xAnjelofLytex

xAnjelofLytex IncGamers Member

IMO, u should focus on:

Better gear
    Better res

Res ALONE will help you out considerably. Sry to say, but what a waste of a cold die facet...I could've used that...

16. Ogrt48

Ogrt48 IncGamers Member

Well I got that Viper or whatever armor it is. It's good so far. My res are still in the negatives but I can beat hell mephy without dying or dying only once since its no longer a 1 hit kill! :)