Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's wrong with ladder, Ragnarod?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by joepublic, Feb 13, 2004.

1. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

What's wrong with ladder, Ragnarod?

Hi Ragnarod:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I think I "heard" you say that you do not play ladder. I'd like to know why? Are the drops better non-ladder?

2. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

Maybe he doesn't like the increased difficulty of the monsters damage and hit points.

3. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Well, I'm with Ragnarod, I'll just wait for ladder season to end and then trade for the ladder items. I just have too much time invested in non-ladder already and little time to start over again. Maybe it's the same with him.

4. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I had nice items within the first week of playing ladder

I just made a summoner necro with perfect topaz equipement and it was a breeze to magic find, not to mention cube charms

I'm pretty rich for only playing the ladder for a couple of weeks now, 3 or 4

if it's items you worry about, I don't see the reason, or perhaps the ladder reset scares you, either way you get the same character and items in normal after the reset..

I should quit trying to convince you that the ladder play is superior ;)

I'll be pretty rich when its over though, with my azurewrath and other ladder only items though

5. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

I don't think any of what you are saying applies to Ragnarod in any way, the last I heard, his first character on ladder, a hammerdin, was level 85+ on Euro Ladder. Given who he is, and the fact (I'm pretty sure) that he started very early, I don't think he's having any problems with items either.

My loonie and two quarters. (Brian :worship: )

6. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

Well, first of all, this could have been a PM if it was only a question for me, you know :)

When 1.10 had just been released, I started playing ladder, as everyone else. I started with a hammerdin, and all was going quite well, in three weeks I was lvl 90, ~2xx in the overall ladder, and with a fairly good equipment, taking into account my hammerdin was made for mf (HotO, Shako, Mara, Arachnid, Trang's gloves, HoZ, Raven, Nagel, Skullders, Wartravs). Heck, I even had beat the Diablo Clone, and got a 18/14/6 Annihilus, it was quite good

I had traded for some pieces of my gear (HoZ and Mara), but most of it I had found myself. The last thing I traded for him was the Mara, +25 all res, that completed the gear I had intended him to wear. Not a day after trading the Mara, I joined a public game, and it disappeared. It seems it had been duped already, and not even a month had passed from the start of the ladder

I lost the little bit of hope I had left for bnet, I decided I didn't care about the ladder and finding new items any longer, and went back to non-ladder, to make one last pvp char, a V/T. Now that he is finished, I've got nothing left to do, and in fact I haven't played d2 for two-three weeks. I've given most of my items away, including all of my ladder items, and I just keep a few paladins equipped just in case I ever feel like playing again

PS: the only thing the ladder was good for is making an upgraded HoZ that my V/T will be using when the ladder season ends, better than nothing

7. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

I agree 100%

8. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

I was thinking more along the lines of a masters class, er, professor. :lol:

9. Boogie

Boogie IncGamers Member

U still mod ?