What's with this forum?

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
What's with this forum?

I have a question about this forum, maybe I missed something. Why is it so slow? I post on forums that have 10x the users, and use 10x the bandwith and it's REALLY fast to load up the pages and what not.

Although, this site for some reason is REALLY slow for me. Could anyone explain this for me?
 

Kawaii

Diabloii.Net Member
Newman said:
I have a question about this forum, maybe I missed something. Why is it so slow? I post on forums that have 10x the users, and use 10x the bandwith and it's REALLY fast to load up the pages and what not.

Although, this site for some reason is REALLY slow for me. Could anyone explain this for me?
Low budget && many users == low bandwidth && poor hosting == poor performance.
Simple.
 

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Personally I believe its Ash's postcount exceeding the MAXINT limit, causing a buffer overflow error that hackers exploit to gain unauthorized access to the server and laggin it down.
 
Either that or Newman's 40 posts a day overloading the system.

Newman, you're posting faster that I can load the pages half the time. I get back to the main OTF page to see your name in four threads that weren't at the top of the page last time, and by the time I get out of the first one they're at the bottom of the page and you've posted in 8 more.

Bored much?
 
DrunkCajun said:
Either that or Newman's 40 posts a day overloading the system.

Newman, you're posting faster that I can load the pages half the time. I get back to the main OTF page to see your name in four threads that weren't at the top of the page last time, and by the time I get out of the first one they're at the bottom of the page and you've posted in 8 more.

Bored much?
Cut the kid some slack, DC, he's been gone for a while and is trying to fill the hole left behind by the lack of OTF posting for so long. Think of how good a beer would taste if you hadn't had one for 6 months; you might want to overdo it at first.
 
MixedVariety said:
Cut the kid some slack, DC, he's been gone for a while and is trying to fill the hole left behind by the lack of OTF posting for so long. Think of how good a beer would taste if you hadn't had one for 6 months; you might want to overdo it at first.
:lol:

Fair enough, it's just funny in the morning when I come into work and see the first 12 threads of the forum with "Newman" as the last poster. And then I click on one of them, and it looks like this:

OP: Blah blah
Newman: Yeah, I agree
Someoneelse: Blah blah
Newman: Oh, that's a good point too
Somerandomperson: Blah blah blah blah
Newman: Hmm, yeah, I can see that

:lol:

Just makes me wonder if we need to find some links to some flash games for Newman--I know the feeling, there have certainly been days when I'm so bored at work when I've done the same thing.
 

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it may have been slow this afternoon because the admins were futzing around adding a new section. It looks like some forum for testers of something, its at the top of the list, whatever it is.
 

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
I think part of the problem (and perhaps even a lot of the problem) isn't just a lower budget for the site, but also that these forums are tied in with the WoW forums which have seen a HUGE increase in traffic within the last several months since the release of WoW. At least... that's my best guess.
 
I kinda like it. I just moved to an area with no cable service, so I'm on dial-up instead of broadband now. This site makes me feel better because it still loads at the same speed on my new connection. I usually save it for last.
 

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
:lol:

Fair enough, it's just funny in the morning when I come into work and see the first 12 threads of the forum with "Newman" as the last poster. And then I click on one of them, and it looks like this:

OP: Blah blah
Newman: Yeah, I agree
Someoneelse: Blah blah
Newman: Oh, that's a good point too
Somerandomperson: Blah blah blah blah
Newman: Hmm, yeah, I can see that

:lol:

Just makes me wonder if we need to find some links to some flash games for Newman--I know the feeling, there have certainly been days when I'm so bored at work when I've done the same thing.

LOL..I was going to post something like this alrdy..but I figure it would hurt my seat in the OT Awards. ;)
But ya hes a nice guy..and I remember him as London..and all the girls he ran up to just to get a pic and say "hey I know this gurl..we used to go out"..LOL
Sorry Newman...had to do that.
Hey can we still call ya London if I feel the need to..I know that one better.
 

Johnny6

Diabloii.Net Member
So... yeah... I wasn't eating pancakes and I didn't spill syrup all over everything. It's totally one of those other explanations.
 

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Bah, get yourself a tabbed browser and load up all the threads you want to read in the background while you go over the one in front.

The forum speed seems fine to me BTW.
 

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
DrunkCajun said:
:lol:

Fair enough, it's just funny in the morning when I come into work and see the first 12 threads of the forum with "Newman" as the last poster. And then I click on one of them, and it looks like this:

OP: Blah blah
Newman: Yeah, I agree
Someoneelse: Blah blah
Newman: Oh, that's a good point too
Somerandomperson: Blah blah blah blah
Newman: Hmm, yeah, I can see that

:lol:

Just makes me wonder if we need to find some links to some flash games for Newman--I know the feeling, there have certainly been days when I'm so bored at work when I've done the same thing.
No guys, you have no idea how slow it is at my work and how much free time I have. On Sunday, I started work at 5, and I didn't have ANY phone calls until 9:30, it's not always that slow. Either case, I enjoy posting here.
 

Newman

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Bah, get yourself a tabbed browser and load up all the threads you want to read in the background while you go over the one in front.

The forum speed seems fine to me BTW.
See that's the thing. Sometimes it'll go fast for me, sometimes I'll get a browser error message when I click something.
 
Top