what's with the weird names

ZeppelinAngel

Diabloii.Net Member
what's with the weird names

i cannot figure out what would possess musicians to name their children such odd names.. for example..

if i remember correctly, alice coopers daughter is named calico- that's a bit unusual

frank zappa's daughters are named moon and diva, and his son (i think) is named dweezil

i wonder if normal people could get away with naming their children such odd names :scratch:

Ti-Ben

Diabloii.Net Member
The effect of drugs on musicians I guess. :lol: *if they ever took them, don't know..*

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
They make a living being famous. They can't afford to have their children have regular names. And I think the public expects it.

Oh, and drugs.

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
I know twins IRL called Gandalf and Merlin, my better half's son is called Wolf, and I know other people called things like Star, Snowbell and Snarf (from Thundercats).

Names are things that we often get from our cultural background, my own first and second names are just my grandfather's reversed.. people name their children after kings and famous people, why not after fictional people or other such "strange" things?

Mind you, I think celebs do it cos they dont get told "no, thats a stupid name" enough by people around them.

Xaviar

jizus

Diabloii.Net Member
i don't know WHAT your talking about. all i know is that when i get me a record deal and hit the big time, our kids names are gonna be ...

1: jizzeppelin [(a) if female]
2: snarf
3: Princess Maria Luisa Contessa Francesca Banana-Fanna Bo-Besca the Third

and i know by now your asking yourself 'why "the third"???'. and the answer? just because :)

FoolioMcTavish

Diabloii.Net Member
If you know who David Patchell-Evans is (Canadian fitness guru) then you might like to know he has two duaghters named KILAMANJARO and TYGRE-JOY. What the hell is this guy thinking?

Smeg Head

Diabloii.Net Member
Forget celebs, why are there so many sissy names for boys now?

Dylan, Caleb, Jordan, Elijah, Angel, Mason, Gavin, Cole, Devin, Trevor, etc? Source

Who do you want at your side in a fight? Caleb, Gavin and Angel or Guido, Eddie and Mack?

publius

Diabloii.Net Member
Recently some article was published in some periodical (don't remember which one), about the current trend in naming. Supposedly having one's kid stand out from a crowd is getting rather popular these days.

Intolerance

Diabloii.Net Member
jizus said:
i don't know WHAT your talking about. all i know is that when i get me a record deal and hit the big time, our kids names are gonna be ...

1: jizzeppelin [(a) if female]
2: snarf
3: Princess Maria Luisa Contessa Francesca Banana-Fanna Bo-Besca the Third

and i know by now your asking yourself 'why "the third"???'. and the answer? just because :)
I sorta like (for a boy) Wolfgang Amadeus Thelonius von Funkenmeister 19 3/4.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
I find it annoying when guys get girly names, or names that arent really gender specific...

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
Angels are tough dudes

and don't make me silly name you to death, I went easy on you guys last time

edit: next you'll be saying Ashley is a girley name, would a girley have a chainsaw for a hand!?!?!

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Anapoo..everytime I see your name I am reminded of the little girl on Pippi Longstocking. Not Pippi, but her friend, who is a girly girl :).

simplyLost

Diabloii.Net Member
what better way to show your devotion to a video game.. than to use it to name your own offspring.. hey.. why not show your devotion to a clan by making your kid's name the clan name.. :\ sounds like i've got an idea.. this could work..

-Lost