Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats with the BNET Forums?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Freezing Rain, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Freezing Rain

Freezing Rain IncGamers Member

Whats with the BNET Forums?

I don't know why i am saying this, but i expected the Battle.net forums to be .. well. organized. But, upon looking at it, i realize diabloii is 10x what battle.net will ever be. I mean, every other thread you have people spamming, bumps every 20 minutes, and constant mentions of places like d2legit, weid2, and other sites that are obviously, item buying sites. I see idiots trading 200 hr's for a pgriffons, for the other guy to have 50 hrs pop the next day. I don't know if anyone shares this opinion, but i think blizzard would actually care to ban people for mentioning buying from these sites. or.. Is blizz making money from these sites? *opens can of worms :mad:

2. Astra

Astra IncGamers Member

I think maybe they are just overwhelmed and gave up on attempting moderation. There are just too many people out there and the place has become a free for all.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

The last time I checked, they were promoting "friendly posters with a history of being helpful" to quasi-moderator status to help out ... or something along those lines. Unfortunately, it hasn't raised the quality of their forums at all.

Every once in a while, somebody starts a dii.net thread over there and every single time, a few kids chime in about how bad we suck. :lol:

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

lol i can't help but laugh when i read threads like "i got banned from dii.net again!!11!! LOLLERSK8S KKTHX" and then replies like "gg, pwnt".

^^

micahw is the only mod who watches over the east ladder trade forum, and he also has to moderate many other forums over there so he doesn't have the time to constantly check every thread. as for spammers, they just go through different accounts and cd keys so it's no big deal to them if they get banned.

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

bnet forums is where the majority of pubby d2 gamers are. They have their own sort of system of "trust" like people on the black and white list. It's not always the most fun place to be for d2. That's why we're here. :thumbsup:

6. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

An official game forum will always attract the most diverse group of people. The legit, sentence-forming, decent people usually look elsewhere, because an official forum isn't going to ban random people posting random garbage from their forum, leaving the trolls to rule the forum.

7. CrazyPayne

CrazyPayne IncGamers Member

Last night I had a few "smart" ones creating accounts after being banned numerous times before. Luckily they aren't smart enough to use different D2 account names in their posts. Not to mention half of the time they have the same exact post on here and the battle.net forums.

8. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Hey Kir :howdy:
    Long time no see, eh? :p
    For all intents and purposes the dilemmas faced by Blizzard in regulating their forums fall into three specific forms. The first of these relates to something of an overworked support staff, which, from what we know, includes a few ill-experienced members and a single, yes, single, moderator (May the Gods of Diablo watch over MicahW's soul :( ). Effectively that means that neither the time nor effort can be mustered to cleanse (read: hit with a nuclear barrage) the overwhelmed forums.

Secondly, as other members have stated before, they, unlike the Diablo II forums you see here, cannot simply ban individuals, and, though posts may be locked, they cannot be silenced forever, and, with "form" number one in mind, this problem is simply exacerbated.

Finally, the official Blizzard Diablo 2 Forums are, well, more attractive. That certainly doesn't imply that they maintain a higher standard of quality, just that they are the "official" place to make yourself known, and, as such, more attention is drawn to it.

In conclusion - 8L122 12 T3H u83r 1337! 918 50J!

Good luck figuring that out :p

9. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I don't know why you're saying this either

10. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Don't they have Huge signatures? Makes it hard to find the actual post content. (Not that I want to much.) I haven't wanted to even troll over there, much less "join" Best of luck to them all.

"Lord of the Flys" comes to mind.

11. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

That was easy: Blizz is the uber leet! gib SoJ!

*stkrause (p|-|34r |\/|y 1337 5k1Lz)

12. Kugel

Kugel IncGamers Member

*stkrause (p|-|34r |\/|y 1337 5k1Lz)[/QUOTE]

fear my leet skills :)

13. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

Don't read too many threads on B.net forums, it will grow worts on your brain.

- D.J.