What's with my 'Zon?

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
What's with my 'Zon?

I'd like to preface this by saying I have been playing this game for about 4 years and have made about 20 Zons and about 15 other random characters... I usually know what I'm doing by this point, which is why I'm so confused.

I'm building a glass cannon Multi/FA zon. She's Level 87 as of now.

I'm using a GM Faith with lvl 13 fana. This means I should be able to hit 7 frame multi with 95 ias, correct? The only problem is, when I equip 95ias I don't notice anything different. However, when I equip 105ias I see the difference. Is my info just plain wrong? Or am I seeing things?

95% ias setup:
Faith GMB
Highlord's (20ias)
Andy's (20ias)
Fervored, up-ed, Twitchthroe (35ias)
Laying of Hands (20ias)
Ravenfrost
Rare DL ring
Razortail
War Travs

105% ias setup:
Faith GMB
Highlord's (20ias)
Andy's (20ias)
Fervored Twitchthroe (35ias)
Sig Glove/boots (30ias)
Ravenfrost
Rare DL ring
Razortail

Euro-Crash

Diabloii.Net Member
You know that feeling you get when you find the shotgun in Halo 2? The sort of, "ah hell...it's on now" mentality that creeps up when you find this ultra-powerful boomstick?

That's what playing a Multi is all about. IMHO, an 7fpa multi is not as good as an 8fpa multi if you get more damage out of the 8 frame attack. I believe another forum participant XZON will agree with me.

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmmm.....i don't know what can be going on....at 95 ias with lvl 13 fanatism you should be shooting at 7 fpa...3 and 1/2 attacks per sec...even if your bow was only 12 fanat you would only need 4 more ias to shoot 7 frames.....maybe time how fast you can empty quiver with 95ias and then equip a nos coil/goldwrap and retime....something is wonky....you are sure the twitch is fervored?

XZON

Diabloii.Net Member
Should definately be 95%. Maybe due to rounding it ends up being 96%. That's the only thing I can think of. I have level 14 Fanat and 95% definately hits 7 frame (92% is breakpoint). I agree with Crash though. Way too many gear sacrifices to hit 7 frame. Of course if you don't have fortitude, the extra speed might be worth it.

You also are using 2 very mana intensive skills. You will need more leech. 7 frame of either skill will empty your bulb in a few seconds.

Wmeredith

Diabloii.Net Member
Nope just once: trellised.

It doesn't matter though. Armor weight only effects your run/walk speed and stamina drain. Also a Twitch that's upped twice becomes WireFleece which is still light armor...

superdave

Diabloii.Net Member
DudSpud said:
Just a wild idea, but was that Twitch' upped twice...

DudSpud
upgrading won't affect the ias on the armor or the ias from the socketed jewel...i don't know what to say wmeredith...i don't have a 13 gmb to test with...i am sure someone may have an answer for you