Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's went wrong with my build?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by wolfstar, Feb 27, 2004.

1. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

What's went wrong with my build?

Currently lvl 80,

Stat
    Str 95
    Dex base
    Vit 190
    Eng base

Skills
    OS 20
    CA 20
    Twister 7
    Tornado 20
    Hurricane 20
    Ravens 1
    Prerequisite 1

Equipments
    Suicide branch
    Rare Helm with +2 to all skills
    Ammy with +27 resist all
    Rare Armor with some resist
    Tiamat's Rebute
    Rare boots with some magic find
    Rare glove with some magic find
    Rare rings with some magic find

Current Status/damage
    Slightly less than 2000+ tornado
    Slightly less than 1000+ hurricane
    About 1400 life with OS on.
    Using a Merc merc at lvl 75

With the above setup, I am getting owned in hell. Can barely survive in 1 player. But when there are more players in the game, I cant kill anything. Any advice on what I did wrong in my build?

2. GIR

GIR Banned

Here's the problem. You're using an imaginary Merc.

Seriously though, I assue you mean a Might Merc. Holy Freeze Merc would serve you better in my expreience. A Wind Druid isn't really a melee character. I use it as more of a medium-range caster. It's a more defensive build than a Sorc, due to Cyclone Armor and Hurricane. Holy Freeze + Hurricane = Really slow creatures (and Holy Freeze slows down those pesky Cold Immunes) making it easier to hit them, and makes it easier for your Tornados to hit twice. Also, in Hell, you gotta take it slow until you get the hang of it. You can't just go running through packs of Devilkin anymore. Gotta take it slow, keep them in manageable sized groups.

Anyone else notice, that in this game, everyone's forgotten all the things that was necessary for survival in Diablo?

3. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

ever thought that these ppl are new to the diablo world? or to the druid world? when 1.10 hit, many ppl started building druids, not prior to that. its not a question of forgetting, its a question of learning and experience, but i think everyone should really do some reading before posting the samething over and over. no offense wolfstar.

4. uncleanspirit

uncleanspirit IncGamers Member

some advice

I dont know what your resist are in hell? Try working on maxing them out. Also getting items that up your defense vs. missle help immensely. I use waterwalks they are really cheap to trade for and are quite effective. I curently hav a lvl 92 vitality based wind druid on east SC ladder.

I made it to level 90 with this setup: QueHagen's, Jalal, Frosties, rare resist ring, Manald, rare +2 skills ammy w/ resists, waterwalks, suicide, lidless, arachnid sash

I recently did some major equipment upgrading. Here's what I'm wearing now.

Here's my current equipment: Chains Of Honor, Jalal, Frosties, ravenfrost, soj, rare +2 skills ammy/w resists, waterwalks, arachnid, Lidless, suicide branch

Hope this helps and goodluck with your windy. If you have any other questions just ask and ill tray and help.

5. GIR

GIR Banned

Of course I've thought of that, and of course there are new people all the time. I'm not saying it's just in these forums, either. But is is true, to at least some noticeble extent.

6. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

You have no blocking in your build. Wind druid get up close and elemental attacks should not be a problem with cyclone armor.

Physical attacks, magic dmg, and poison is the really thing you should worry about.

I made a wind druid with no block and he survives but 75% block rate with stormshield is so much better.

7. wolfstar

wolfstar IncGamers Member

Opps. Then I will assume that I am a hopeless case in and out. I have being playing as a druid since I started diablo, which is about 3 yrs ago. What readings are you implying? The strategy guides in this forum? I read most if not all. So what other readings should I read?

I always think that merc is more or less a luxury. Any decent build (and I think windy is one of them) can and will survive even without a merc. So I dont think the problem lies in the merc. I took the might merc hoping one day I can equip doom and bramble on him so that I have all the three aura helping me.

As for resist, I have all resists in the range of 20+ to 40+ in hell. Dont know if that is decent enough. I do all the magic find on my own so that is the best I can afford. I still have about 100+ of stats point waiting to be dumped into my dex but I am still holding back cos i havent decided what my final gear will be like. Wants to have max block with +dex items.

I think my problems lies in my gear bcos the skills placement is standard. Maybe my playing style. Hmm....hope more help will come in.

Btw, GIR what are the necessary things for survival?

8. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Resists, blocking, and life.

Also a grizzly bear that gets in the faces of monsters help.

9. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

Forget resists thats what cyclone armor is for. The biggest problem is the no block. The str is a little higher than gear should require, shot for base of 45-60 and the rest with items or modifiy your gear so almost all points go to vit and dex. Find a helm with grizzly on it to save stat points, but since you already have raven you might want to use the 3 points for grizzly. Merc -defiance or holy freeze, I prefer defiance since combined with oak your merc will be super stong.