Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats ur AR with ur bears

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Masta-Djay, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Masta-Djay

Masta-Djay Banned

Whats ur AR with ur bears

well im in the process of making my were bear and he is at 54 i have Griz Caddy 4 sock(3 ed/ias sheal) for his weapon i was wondering what is ur guys ar and if u get those godly 20k up ar how do u do it

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Umm..the way to do it would be angelic, jalals, 10x shapegc or big AR charms, or use fireclaws. 15k is probably a good spot to aim for with maul.

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

if a mauler dont use that many shapeshifting charms ... you will want to opt for some kind of ar/life/ max damage kind of combo charms. shapeshifting charms usually dont get used much unless for a build that wont allow you to put a lot in shapeshifting skills. If a mauler you wont need a lot of ar unless pvp.

If pvp what your going to want to look at is base ar ... 15k would be nice but that kind of ar is a pain to get base wise .... 10-12k ar is more likely to happen. However once your maul starts up your ar will go shoot up and thats when you will start hitting more.

Yes i know you can use angelics + other gear to shoot that ar through the roof but to do so would sacrifice ds ... it really depends on what you value more i guess .

4. Masta-Djay

Masta-Djay Banned

well i go on the theory called damage dont matter if you cant hit them lol. and i figure as pvp i will need at least 12k ar but if i loose the 2 ravens and high lords for angelic set up then i will have to cham my ss wouldnt I for cannot be frozen. and for charms i use 5 10max/59-69/10-39 life charms and the rest are 3/20/20's sadly to say. so if i loose the highlords i could switch my war travs to Gore riders for deadly cb and open wounds also i could use demon limb to cast enchant then cast bo and transform in to bear taht would add ar

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Keep travs afaik.
    Your ar should be okay.
    2 Ravens is good enough AR bonus I think, angelic would only be an extreme vs. high defense pallys or barbs.
    Demon limb is a good idea.

6. Masta-Djay

Masta-Djay Banned

and yes the godly fenris speaks in thnx alot. your advice is always welcomed to my ears. but anyway i just needed help cuz im sorta a pally kinda of guy. I just remember in 1,9 when were bears would **** my pally when i used a eth cruel scourge 236ed zod eth 10min. I always wanted to make one anyway.

I would of used a robo phase but max dmg armor is hard as hell to get hold of and i dont really like phases

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

For your build you might want to use the ol gore riders + highlords + ravens vs. everyone but barb/pallys. Reasoning is that your using a caddy ... war travs are only better for bears if you are using a robo-phase b/c of the low damage you out put with it. However with a caddy your damage out put increases greatly thus a ds becomes more valuable than the +max damage war travs give. Dis the travs pick up the gores and highlords vs. everything but high def. barbs/pallys and you should do well.

8. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

13k AR Maul 16k Fire Claws 10k AR Hunger. Pretty normal setup really, mixed charms between shapes and max/ar/life. High Spirit and attacks. Could easily get more if I wanted to opt for more AR.

9. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

i suggest 1 angelic ring + ammy + perf raven or close if u have one. there is a good balance to be reached when using + ar and +%ar here's what i consider common knowledge although no one seems to think the same way i do...go figure.

example 1:
    let's start with a base 10k ar just to make it simple. let's assume 5x shape shift gc's + 5x 10max/60ar/mod gc's + perf anni + 9x 3/20/mod + ik boots + ik gloves + ik belt + jalal's + coh + enchant[even tho i consider this cheap as hell]. i will assume the maul will be slvl 31 and the %ar bonus is 320 then. add in jalal's and it will be 340%. ok let's say u're lvl 85 just to make it easy. at lvl 85, the ar bonus from angelic set should yield 1020 ar[the +10 dex will be included in the block equation ar bonus. the total ar bonus from a perf frost is 250[the 20 dex will be included in the block equation ar bonus]. 300 ar from the gc's, and 180 ar from the sc's. the dex needed for blocking should be 206 x 4 = 824 ar. base ar is 75 iirc. add it all together. 1020+250+824+75+300+180+235 = 2884. 2884 x 3.40 = 9805 ar total. so that may seem a little low. at this point, u have to consider the most important thing: will u go with more +%? or + straight ar? i will give a 2nd example

example 2:
    take the ar from ex. 1. 2884. now u have a choice to make concerning mods and ar. weigh them together. is it more beneficial to ditch the jalal's for a perf %ar cerebus? let's see. 2884 x 4.4 = 12,689 ar. hey, that's not too bad is it? but consider the mods u'll be losing if u swap jalal's for cerebus. 30 fhr, 30 all res, 20 str/nrg, +2 to oak or whatever spirit u use. however, cerebus has open wounds. now if u need more ar, u can always go with 2 angelic rings instead of 1/1 combo. in that case: 2884+1020 = 4086 x 3.4 = 13892 ar. hey that's not bad at all. but then u lose cbf and cold abs. so basically it's a choice between all mods and ar. in extreme cases, u can forego the shape shift charms to use straight shape gc's with high dmg/ar. it might outweigh the ss charms, but then u lose + lycan, which may upset ur life. so like i said, it's always a balance. my philosophy is: the higher %ar u have, the better u're off adding +straight ar to enhance it. +% ar is nothing without a base ar to work with. just my 2 cents. hope it helped.

10. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I'm confused .. did i miss the memo that stated w/ a good dam. weapon ds isnt needed? Everytime a ar question pops in all i hear is angelics or something of that sort ... there are ways to solve these problems w/o sacrificing the ds from gores + highlords.

granted ar > ds if you cant hit ... but apparently 13k ar isnt that hard to get ... and just use the angelics / cerbus for pallys/barbs.

11. Heartless_Lich

Heartless_Lich IncGamers Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Cerebus' Bite gives up to 120% worth of AR o_O... Wouldn't that fair well if you wanted a nice AR bonus?

12. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

You make good sense and I tend to agree.

The choice between Jalals and Cerebus is a very good point need to way up everything and strike a balance.

I have a question for all, it appears that more life seems to be the thing to aim for now in 1.10, for pure melee duels, what do people view as being more important more ar or more defense?

Has anyone tryed a high defense bear (or wolf) for pure melee duels and how did it go.

Cheers.

13. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

a high def. bear i would say wouldnt go over to to well b/c now that pallys and barbs get ridiclous defense and most druids already aim for such high ar, most melees shoot for 13k def min. and MOST hit over 20k ar or close to it. Now w/ a bear you will only hit close to 10k def. maybe more w/ good the new rune words. However i still think it wouldnt make that much of a difference sinc melees are built to take on 20k+ def. now.

14. coldarmy13

wolves have horrible def. there is nothing that enhances their def in any way, so they compensate with insane amounts of ar[think 32k+ easily]. a bear has a better chance at def, but as voice said, i have hardly seen a bear hit over 10k def. but still, they can reach pretty good ar levels much better than barbs or paladins can easily. i'd have to say go for speed, go for power. druids in were form have an easy chance at hitting good ar. wolves even have better fhr than any class in the game. not to mention that were forms have a very easy chance to hit huge life.

15. Masta-Djay

Masta-Djay Banned

I agree with you i have seen some druids using Cta get around 5k life without oak sage they could be lying but i doubt it in 1.9 my druid had like 2.4k life and that was back in the 160/60, string of ears day where nothing added vita:

16. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

They arnt lying ..... black dog has 6k life w/o bo and is a zero vit. build

17. coldarmy13

...amazing. i wish i knew his setup.

18. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

It would not be that difficult right, in 1.09 the idea was a fury wolf or maul bear fills inventory with 3/20/20 small charms.

Then socket items with Jah etc

19. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Perfect Rubies > Jah

You already get massive % to Life

As I said in the other thread, it's possible to get 16k defense for a WB. 5k Life isn't incredibly hard to hit without Oak or CTA if you have good charms. Prebuffing is everything. AR isn't as bad either now since Spiriits aren't capped.

20. Jova1

Jova1 IncGamers Member

Thanks VictusMetuo,

sorry for asking, when you mention 16K defense are you referring to a maul bear with werebear maxed.

Is this defense possible for a fire claw bear?