Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's up y'all? What builds are in these days?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TheRebel22, Aug 15, 2010.

1. TheRebel22

TheRebel22 Diabloii.Net Member

What's up y'all? What builds are in these days?

Hey guys! I haven't played D2 in several years, but when I did play I always loved making HC characters. I particularly enjoyed the thrill of low-level-dueling with say a throw-barb or an assassin. I'm sure that my account has been deleted due to inactivity, but I think I'm going to re-install d2 and play some HC Classic. Only bad part is that I have to get one of my characters through normal on softcore first : (

Anyways, I used to really like playing Necromancer's the most probably. I love a good ole bonemancer. But since this is going to be my first character, I think I want to make a sorc for MFing (cautiously.. lol). I don't think I've ever made a sorc in HC before, definitely not in Classic. I was wondering what builds are in these days with the new patches and all? I was thinking about going with one of the guides I read on here recently (although it was made almost 3 years ago..) and doing an orb/static/teleport sorc. http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542893

Although, I'm not quite sure what the point of not actually finishing the mephisto quest in hell is. Why is that important? Also, does anyone here play classic hardcore? Anyone want to convince to play LoD hardcore? Isn't LoD all clogged up with a bunch of bots and what-not? That's why I'm thinking about doing classic, but if it's not that way on HC... I might do LoD.

Just thought I'd throw this out for discussion, and help/advice/experience would be greatly appreciated. I haven't played since 1.10 I think and I've been hearing about ad-bots and other stuff, so clue me in and what's new and going on with bnet these days.

2. TheRebel22

Re: What's up y'all? What builds are in these days?

Hmm... now I'm thinking I might go with this build http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557123 the TK/Orb/Teleport sorc.

Man... Initially I was thinking I wanted to play classic, but the item variety in LoD is soo appealing. idk if I'm going to be able to resist, lol. Are there any channels that good/honest players meet regularly in? From what I've read on here, it doesn't sound like public games are going to be much fun anymore. : (

3. TheRebel22

hahaha god damnit I did die early : (

I was doing great, level 16 about to kill duriel and right before we were going down I had full health, behind a pally and an army of necro minion/skeletons with a merc in front of me and they killed a unique or something i guess, i didn't see. Anyways, he had frost nova and it just barely reached out to touch me and completely killed me. full health. gayyy lol. that was fun though. It really sucked seeing my character die even though it was only a couple hours worth of effort. D2 is fun : )

4. CombatChristian

CombatChristian Diabloii.Net Member

Dying on a summoner is always extra bummer :( Lost one in act 5 NM due to stupidity a short while back.

5. draogan

draogan Diabloii.Net Member

I'm currently building a meteorb sorc for MFing -- she's going well (lvl 59 now and running NM meph without a problem, untwinked except a guy I met donated a pair of bloodfists). Maxed FO with an equal-leveled merc is more than enough to handle up through A4 NM, even with self-found gear.

If you need help/a rush/a bit of gear and are on east look me up -- *draogan. As far as a place people meet, supposedly op xbananax is a channel where people hang out, but I haven't found it to be very active when I'm on. YMMV.

Good luck!

6. TheRebel22

Thanks draognan for the help today with everything! I'm having some problems with my computer and bnet.. wtf is this nonsense where if you get kicked off, you have to wait 5 minutes to log back on??? LOL @ you guys having to save me after meph cuz I hit windows key in durance lvl 3 ; ) thxx

*EDIT*

I've officially been waiting 30 minutes to get back on bnet now.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. TheRebel22

Well, my sorc got pwned yesterday. Lag in the throne room, woke up dead. Bartuc owned me. Lvl 32. I was pretty disappointed about that because I had made absolutely no progress item-wise, but I was starting to get a little more comfortable playing. So, I said forget sorcs for now and I made a necro. IDK what I planned to do with him, or what I plan to do now, but early on I made him a summoner and he still is now. I ended up meeting all these people who gave me all this ****. Like A LOT of really good stuff. I was in shock. Someone helped me a lot on here, I can't remember their username on the forum but their acct was masterx2, so thankyou very much master!! I also got other stuff from random ppl on bnet. People on HC are really freakin' nice!

I'm level 73 now and I'm starting to MF nm meph and stuff. I could move into hell I guess, but I'm waiting until I can get a vipermagi skin because I want to have max resists. Right now I'm wearing an a2 normal armor lol! I don't have any armor worth wearing really.

8. hugman

hugman Diabloii.Net Member

Are you playing with a disc? I always get a lot of lag there with a disk in the drive because it as to spin up between the waves

9. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Whoa.

Why are you playing with the disc? Search the forum or the included patch notes on info about how to play without using the disc in the drive. It's a godsend, one of those rare moments when Blizzard grants a golden wish. Hold it dearly.