Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's up with the morons?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nobbler, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

What's up with the morons?

I joined a nm ancients game with my barb at lvl 52. 5 more characters joined and away we went. After we killed the ancients one guy started whining that he didn't get the quest. I checked the party screen and he was only lvl 36. I told him he had to be at least lvl 40. He said that it wasn't like that before the patch. I responded by saying "lol, its always been like that. His reply was " yeah it was you noob". I said whatever moron. Then he starts spouting racist remarks like "go back to jewland you niggar". It blows me away the crap people say when they are behind a computer. Squelch is a wonderful thing.

Well thats it...I just had to have a little rant about this. If all the players behaved in the game the way everyone does in these forums it would be a nicer place. :thumbsup:

2. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

coz his the noob...jsut dont mind them

3. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

agreed, you just have to squelch them. People somehow like to let out all of their obscene language on the internet. If i could only punch them through the computer somehow... Meh, you just have to not let it get to you.

4. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

i have these problems in baal runs
    baal runs are sooo sad now it makes me wanna do em solo

5. Shuck

Shuck IncGamers Member

I know what you mean AntiHero.

Some people are so arrogant online. Like the ones that join a game and spam the whole screen with pp, or tp. Like I'm gonna break off from a particular intense battle, or pause mid attack, to invite them or cast a tp and risk dying??? Some people have no patience

Sorry for the rant

6. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

ohh man lately ive got f*'ed over heres wut happened,i was in a 8 player baal run and we were at throne some kid kept spamming "cry barb" (Me Being only barb in game i tink he was talking to me).After half the screen filled quickly with the message i decided to shut him up.So i quickly hit "w" to switch to cry spears and i run over to him as i am suddenly ambushed by black souls probably 6 or 7 em hiding in the side passage and my lvl 90 was killed b4 i could hit "w" to switch back.Now i just lost exp that took me time to get and then the kid calls me a "NEWB" and leaves game. :thanks: :scratch:

7. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Unfortunately theres A LOT of morons playing on the net.

My gf has been playing some D2 w/ me lately....She's still new to it but gettin the hang of it slowly. She's been doin baal runs so she can go mfing w/ her new sorc sometime in the future. Unfortunately she becomes a target cuz of her noob status - which pisses me off.

'Sorc - go tele'
    'HAHA U can't tele....idiot noob!'

Peeps think they can spout becuz they are good at the game.

You know what the sad thing for them is? More likely than not its the ONLY thing they are good at. The bashing they do probably stems from an inferiority complex....I hate em, and yet pity em at the same time

8. Winds_of_Dawn

Winds_of_Dawn IncGamers Member

I have to say... the guy you met sounds pretty average to me lol...... among the D2 players... if what happened to you was something worth complaining about then I can probablly write a book already...

lol

It's sad but true that most ppl who plays D2 are lil boys with poor education. Just squelch and don't feel bad about it, consider it a joke

9. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

It is almost enough to make you stop playing public games. I give away lots of free tiems in free gmaes, and then I usually kill Meph, diablo, baal looking for more, to the incessent whines of those who pop in, beg for a minute and then leave. Like I will give anything to someone who begs more than once or twice.

But I especially love the ones who 'party' with you when you want to kill diablo or such, and then park their butts in town while you do all the work. Beingthe jerk I am, I wait until their TP is gone(and they always use your tp instead of opening their own), un-party them, and get the job done.

The screams from the pandemonium fortress really harmonize with Diablo's death cry.

LOL

10. Avatra

Avatra IncGamers Member

the spamming from a5 while u are under attack has happen to me many times

1 time i just cast a tp and teleported away ppl enter and face 8 different mobs (really weakened, im no mob pk) then when they go back to town and starts to whine and cry that they almost died, i usually say I´ll put up the tp when I know that its safe, if u dont like it bugger off.

2 i enter a portal (i was playing a barb) i cast bo etc and starts to attack some bloodlords cuz i saw that a sorc could use some help, right after the first attack i made a char started to spam about bo bo bo while sitting so close to the portal to town that it looked like he was hiding under it. He wasnt planing on helping unless i bo and such, and its pretty hard to bo when u are swarmed by things that want to rip your head of and do things down the hole specially when playing hc

i hate spammers :rant:

11. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

It does seem to have been getting worse lately, but it's still not as bad as I remember it being back in the days of D2 classic.

Anway, my tale of madness goes like this: I was in a Baal run and we had entered the throne room, which was filled with some particularly nasty packs of monsters. One by one everyone died except me. Very slowly I tackled the monsters. A minute or so later I had managed to kill a few, but still a long way to go when someone says 'hurry up'. I point out that they're all fire immune so I will need some help if it's to go quicker. So some more come down, collect their corpses and start helping. They all die. Several people leave.

Then one paladin starts up, calling everyone noobs for dying (after he had died too!) asking us how such noobs could ever have obtained any items and blaming us for his death.

I was about to point out that he was the one that died whereas I was the one left alone to clear the throne room in an 8-player game whilst he hung around in town, but he left, unfortunately.

12. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

you know, those guys are the main reason i quit bnet... i was SOO fed up with it, i played for 2,5 years pvp and pvm but jeez, in almost every game there was somebody for a, FreE BooST, gib ITAMZ, or NoOblars.. so i stopped for 2 months untill I discovered the SPF almost a year ago.. i mean, no lags, 8 player games are easily simulated by the /players8 command, i made alot of good friends over there with which i play alot of MP games via tcp... I mean, they have a legit trade community (ok it's all based on trust) cool tourneys, good MP games, and all the ladder benefits and with the great programme called ATMA you can mule between your chars without any problems and u can stash every item you wish to keep instead of making 100 mules.... the only bad thing about it is that the diabloclone cant spawn... maybe u can try that for a change?

but IMO, idiots will always be active on battle net, no matter how hard you try to avoid them.

13. PikeyPriest

PikeyPriest IncGamers Member

Yea, the arrogance and mean nature of players seems to raise steadily throughout the game. At normal + nightmare difficulty its not usually so bad as people are always leveling quickly and there is no real fights of norm/exceptional items (unless its pretty good like buriza). Usually if i find a unique or set like this i just give it to the character it can help the most in the party (as long as they arent rude) as its not worth keeping for trading. But then you hit Hell Baal and that just turns to crap. About 99% of people are trying to snatch up all the decent items that drop regardless of who is doing the killing (even worse if they are hanging back to avoid dying, but still trying to take items).

But you do meet some very friendly people aswell in runs, it is just very uncommmon on Bnet :(

14. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

yea its better to think somene needs free than have then tell you they need it