Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats up with rune values on ladder?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Pombe, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

Whats up with rune values on ladder?

Whats up with the value of runes on the ladder? has anyone noticed this trend?

A couple of months ago there were threads here gushing with happyness at finding IK or tal's armor, now I see that people are having a hard time trading these for even a lowly ist. In general people are demading insane prices for the high useful runes. Has anyone else noticed this trend? what do you think is causing it? have all the duped runes been put into items or are there just more effective magic finders out there flooding the market with elite desirable items?

2. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

Its the normal economy trend.

The economy becomes saturated w/ high end uniques/sets (botting accelerates this), which drives prices down. So long as the ladder doesn't reset, prices will continue to drop for these items....

3. toader

toader Banned

Well, I think that things have come around more what they should be.

If you look at the rarity of items (ignoring the dupe phase) then any rune above VEX should be worth a TON. They are very very hard to find and should put items like Tals and IK armor to shame.

For whatever reason, these runes are kinda getting their value back, which is good IMO. Trade Tals for IK or other ITEMS.

4. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

unid ss on non ladder is worth like 40 pgems -_-

5. toader

toader Banned

That is a different issue dracoy. In 1.10 SS isnt virtually useless because of the imbalance of casters to melee. In 1.09 every damn dueling character mad used an SS or he died. Now they just arent needed. Melee pallys use their runeword sheild, the few other melee characters you see dueling or playng might use SS, but they are few and far between no-a-days.

6. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

i disagree.

SS is one of THE best shields in the game, that is just a fact.

7. toader

toader Banned

Great point. I dont disagree. But what the hell do you need a good sheild for when most players are casters now?

I know this is a shock to alot of you, but the economy is driven almost 100% by dueling. There is ABSOLUTLY no need for most people to use SS in duels, unless they are up against melee. Since melee has been so heavily nerfed, you will not find very many melee duelers in dueling games, thus there is no need to use the SS. Well, there is still SOME need, but when compared to the need there was in 1.09, it is minute.

8. Orbstu

Orbstu IncGamers Member

IIRC in the latter days of 1.09 the going price for a Tals armour was an Ist, so the fact that the price in 1.10 is now the same is of no great surprise also with the advent of 1.10 there are far more creatures who can drop IK armour so again its value is of no real surprise.

9. D'Shay

D'Shay IncGamers Member

wow, I have to state that I dont have the best gear in the game, but i have some pretty good stuff IMO (full tals, shafts, occy's etc but not enigmas, sojs etc) and I NEED to have close to 50% damage reduction to survive hell with minimul problems and SS provides a great block rate for a sorc, and 35% dam reduction AND resists. IMO to play hell, you have to have all three of these for sure, and SS provides that. I am totally open to another suggestion for my sorc to wear full tals and have another shield, can you give me another shield option based on what i told you for PvM? If not, what is the best shield for PvP for a sorc (fire)?

And you could totally be right about saying that it is pvp run. To me that is not a factor as I am a pvm player, and not a dueler but i love to know the pvp side for information :)

10. Canoe

Canoe IncGamers Member

Just wanted to add that I have a full tals sorc, and I use lidless :p And do just fine PVM.

Not sure how you plan or what build you are... but I rock hell with her without stormshield. Every SS i find (found 2 so far with her) I trade for stuff for my other chars.

She also has a MF set up, not geared to maximize damage what so ever...

Besides full tals she uses War Travs, Chance Guards, and 2 X nagels besides the lidless. No skill charms at all. Charms are all MF and 1 gheeds.

I solo'd everything in hell with her (CL/FO build), from start to finish just to see if I could do it.

11. prophetsword

prophetsword IncGamers Member

On USwest ladder you can pick up Tal's or IK armor for Um. If you pay an Ist, you have overpaid. Mal might be paid if you are desperate and can't wait for someone to sell for Um.

12. toader

toader Banned

Hmm. Seems you have built a blocking sorc, which is fine. Ill tell you how I do it. I have almsot 350 VIT. I hardly spent any points into other stats, enough to wear low gear. I have 110% fast cast, which hits the last break points. If you arent lazy (and get a small amount of FHR) you should never get hit at all, thus having no problems surviving. I think I have like 22% block and only 10% DR from my shako, and I never have any problems. BUT, all that said, there is nothing wrong with a blocking/DR sorc, its just a different alternative. Dont expect to teleport anywhere close to what i can do though.

DR and block are nice for hell...but they are in NO means necessary. None of my 7 1.10 characters have more than 10% DR and I really doubt any of them have over 45% block...and they do ok. I will agree with you though, resists are essential

As to your next question about a sheild for a fire sorc. It depends on your other items. If you need a little more FC use a Lidless (most peoples choice probably socketed with a p.diamond). If you need mega resists, use a mosers with 2 p. diamonds. Most dueling sorcs you will find built for 1.10 will use lidless with a p. diamond though.

13. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Don't know about that, I just paid a PUL+FAL+25 Pgems for SS and Goreriders.

14. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Places like "the pit" contain monsters that can drop the highest sets/uniques and have ridiculously low damage and hitpoints (except for the archers but they are easily handled with some thinking). This means that even a regular player can find themselves a tal's or ik armor with a small amount of mf and a decent amount of consistent pit running. Multiply this by lots of people, not even counting the "24/7" magic finders and you can see why these items go down in value and conversely this means that runes go up in value.

15. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

also ppl now adays r doing rush forges to collect runes which can be traded or upgraded

16. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

On Ladder East I traded a stormshield for a cold charm, and a stormshield + oculus for a HoZ. They aren't worthelss.

17. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Yeah, just totally dependent on who you're trading with...I got sick of looking for a good deal on a decent eth andariels for my defiance merc. In frustustration i ended up putting up a game and trading 2 shakos for it :(
    Arg,....well my merc better be happy with it :grrr: 500+ defense, 27 str 9ll
    not too bad either at least...now the next issue...gotta find a p ruby jewel of fevor(30% fire res 15%ias) this could be a a toughie....