Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's up with nm act5??

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PimpT, Apr 8, 2004.

1. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

What's up with nm act5??

Why all the act 1 act 2 monsters?? They are really hurting me, and I dont like it :( If anyone wanna start a MP game on NM act 5 or can give me hamerdin stuff... Im really stuck big time, and I want to play

2. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Welcome to the new 1.10 act 5 "improvement"! you can thank Blizz for that. And you betta get used to it, all the way to Baal is infested with those uninvited friends. In NM and Hell.

3. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Yuck I hate act 5 now

4. Metelgear

Metelgear IncGamers Member

Yea, it was really hard the first time I tried it.

Fact is, you can't really play it like 1.09 because otherwise you will keep dying (a lot, believe me took me MONTHS to accept the level of difficulty). Try breaking up the pack so you can fight one or two at a time. For the ranged attackers, you gotta get good at dodging those missiles because there is no way to completly nullify that damage. Don't be surprised if it takes you a long time to clear an area out, hell is real hard now.

Have fun!

Regards,
    -Metelgear :winner:

P.S. I would send you gear but seeing as how I am poor on SP, can't spare much sorry! Keep trying! :thumbsup:

5. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Im trying to go over to meph and run him like mad, but I cant seem to find a good map!! I miss the days of maphack :(

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

they are 'guest' monsters from other acts. you think there fun, try burning souls and OB knights in hell WSK, more dangerous than they were in act 4 and in large packs...

7. Tiger_Spirit

Tiger_Spirit IncGamers Member

The fact is that Blizzard think that all players play on b.net, and so, he made act 5 very difficult if you are alone, but if you are in a team, it is very easy. Blizzard forget the SP, or those who haven't internet.

BTW, Blizzard had made to reach lvl 99 nearly impossible in SP, so don't be hurry to get it guys :lol:

He should release a new SP patch which is a little less hard.

But this is just my 2 cents :)

8. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

Wait untill you get to Act 5 hell, then you will know hard...

9. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

yes very annoying indeed:
    Instead of the pushover toad creatures in B. Foothills, very fast Burning Archers - yikes.
    Instead of pushover yetis in Frozen River, Crys Passage, Glac Trial, cold beaming salamanders - double yikes.
    and Burning Souls and OB Knights in WSK 3

10. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

I don't know...I had a minorly twinked zealot pretty much walk through NM, including act 5. had to tone it down to players 3, iirc, but it wasn't to bad. of course, maybe since back in 1.09 my char wasn't designed well, I just haven't noticed the increased difficulty with a well designed one? heh heh...

I will admit though, to not doing quite a full clear of the plains areas, I hate those imps...the caverns yes, and the wsk, but the plains i think i averaged about 3/4 clear. There seemed to be fewer imps in 1.10 though- anyone else notice that?

@PimpT: What's your switch weapon? I found that hurlbats/ghost glaives, etc, worked wonders in actV (NM, haven't made it to hell yet- ooh, that sounds bad), run-shoot, run-shoot...you might try gambling some throwing weapons, or check with the crone (the one that gives you the potion for anya- can't remember the name).

cheers all,
    WJ

11. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

Im a hamerdin, so what I would need is faster cast rate basicly, and ATM what I would need is a game hoster in NM act5 , or simply someone who can give me the WP so I can start doing pindles

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

for pindle youll want the red portal opened by anya, not the halls of vanquish WP. and imnot sure if nm pindle is worth it if you have a good meph map already.

13. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

That's the problem, I don't have a good meph map, and maphack is getting increasingly tempting

14. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

most folks here will tell you to just keep re-rolling the map until you get a keeper w/o using maphack. I re-rolled a few times, and eventually got a map that was turn right from the wp, run two small rooms and turn left...

also, I realize you are a hammerdin, but I will stick with saying perhaps try a strong throwing weapon- it may be more accurate for a run-and-shoot situation, and you can also sometimes find LL and ML on them, which might be a good 'relief' type weapon to get some life/mana back in between spamming hammers. With 'add x-damage' charms, i killed more with throws than with my main weapon sometimes (I gambled an awesome ghost glaive of evisceration back in 1.09).

best of luck though with the meph runs!

15. PimpT

PimpT IncGamers Member

O-M-G, i just rolled the best meph run map, + I have found, on my first run, the atlantean!!! I dont know if you guys consider it good, but i sure do.

Ok, so what I was wondering is: is it worth it to go all the way up to 127 STR to wear it? Or should I just not use it? (1 handed +2 pally skills)

16. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

not sure about Palis, but any of the AI affecting skills are now crucial in Act 5 - dim vision, cloak of shadows, attract, mind blast, terror, taunt, etc. anything that gets those ranged attackers to do something other than attack you at range. if your build doesn't have those skills, maybe look for a ring/ammy w/ charges

17. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

If you want some faster cast I can give you spectral shard.
    I don't play SC anymore and I think I have a HoZ for you aswell. Give me your e-mail and it's yours

DX

18. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

You think you have it hard now, you wait until you hit Act 1 Hell...

19. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

imo it is better now...Just wait until you meet those old "good" monsters...they have insane hp. They are so damn slow to kill. I rather fight low hp monsters with high damage than high hp monsters with low damage

But thats just my opinion :)

20. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

AI affecting curses help a lot but it's definitely doable without them. 3 matted sorcs this far in 1.10, all normal/nightmare at players 8, 2 players 3 hell and the lsst players 8 hell.
    Personally I've found the serpents to be the most dangerous monsters due to their magic spears...high damage and little to reduce it. And they charge for high damage.
    My first pat in 1.10 was a necro though, he has Dim Vision 20...that curse is really the way to turn most any situation into a walk in the park. Well, except for those times when you manage to run into a group of Champion Ghosts and a Unique Ghost pack with Extra Fast and Fanatism or Might...you can stop the minions with Dim Vision, but the rest will keep coming for you and Bone Wall/Prison won't stop them...oops.