Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's up with Diablo ?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by The_Three_United, Jun 20, 2005.

1. The_Three_United

The_Three_United IncGamers Member

What's up with Diablo ?

I was fighting big D in his Chaos Sanctuary with my starfezon, her merc and valk .. all was going smooth, running away from his red lightning atacks fighting him with guided arrow, already got his life down to almost a half when suddenly as I was running he bone prisoned me !!! and well, you can imagine the rest of the story as he got himself a nice meal:D. I don't know what to do first, curse him or laugh as I thought this was not possible. Isn't he supposed to just bone prison my tp? I thought that was all that he was allowed to do. Hmmm, I guess all that running made him dizzy or something:scratch:. If only I was playing a sorc hehe.

Edit: I got my corpse back, back to all that running and he does it again.. what a slacker.

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

The same happened to me in No Vita HC tournament with my FA/Strafer. I will equip something with Teleport charges next time.

EDIT: seems to me that he doesn't like when a character runs a lot.

3. Rugruth

Rugruth IncGamers Member

Hehe it's true he can imprison you wherever you are.

It's curious, the AI of Diablo tends to ignore static melee fighters and go for ranged amazons. I've noticed this a lot of times. You are in a party with a sorc, a barb, whatever and engage Diablo. Then he starts running around and follows the poor bowazon...

Maybe he likes her... err... maybe he is a pervert :p

4. The_Three_United

I finally managed to kill that *pervert*:uhhuh:. He traped me four times (bastard) but I managed to escape the fourth time, think he miscalculated his sightradius or something.
    , well mine was wearing a skin o' vipermage, guess he went for the legs or something :p

5. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

You really have to stay close to diablo or far from him to not be bone prisoned, dang thing is annoying with some characters, I usually get within his fire range and get my merc to be opposite of me. Sometimes even casters should go melee :)

6. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

i've learnt this myself a few days ago playing with my strafezon as well.
    what works for sure (that's if you dont have teleport or other teleport-like-skills):
    create a town portal and click on it.
    the TP will be created quite a few stept away from you, but dont worry, it works!
    click that blue egg like crazy

7. The_Three_United

I guess but I prefer to do it the old fashion way, creating tp's far away from him. This way I avoid geting my tp's entraped:grrr: but that's just my 0,02.

8. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Poison/summon necros worst nightmare= bone prisoned. The only time diablo has half a chance of killing mine is when he gets the bone prison idea into his head. Got killed twice before I finally figured out that casting a town portal immediately after being imprisoned gives you a small chance you can escape via the portal.

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

In the "Rare Pleasures" tournament, Diablo has imprisoned my Lord of Mages, once in NM and once in Hell (+ a failed attempt in Hell). Good thing I had a staff with Teleport charges on switch.

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Yes, now I officially call myself a noob! When I was entrapped by his Bone Prison in Hell, this idea didn't came to my mind. I did Save&Exit which was forbidden in No Vita tourney, thus my char was out. Now when you say it works, I feel really... noobish.

11. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

I got bone prison'd by Diablo in normal as my sorc. I was so surprised that by the time I remembered that I could teleport I was almost dead :eek:

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I was bone prisoned randomly by him in Hell with my HC p-hammer sin. Taht was damn scary, but somehow i managed to escape by simply running after a while. Just panic clicked anywhere on the screen and my sin found a way to slip out of the prison. maybe it has something to do with having lots of FRW (she had max BoS on and 20% from boots), but thats just a guess.

13. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Well the choice between dying and making a TP and escape to town is not a difficult choice.

DX

14. The_Three_United

I personally didn't test this method but if it works like you guys said then the prison must have a crack or something that lets the character escape to the tp next to it (me thinking) or it would just not make sense, so this way you could theoretically escape by just trying to run away or is it something to do with the portal?