Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's typical endgame Dex for a whirlybarb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Pherdnut, May 20, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

What's typical endgame Dex for a whirlybarb

I found this Superior 14% Eth Collossus Sword that I'm thinking of making Death out of since nobody seems to want it. Between Eth and Death's -20 req stat I figure the dex requirement will be 68 which seems reasonable to me for a PvM build. The offhand weapon IAS doesn't matter for Whirly Barbs right? Or should I maybe save this for the alternate "big gun" weapon of an Avenger or Berserker that also uses a weapon and shield or something.

Edit: Also, don't a lot of dueller WW Barbs use a shield get max block? Why is this such an unpopular weapon? When I first picked up I was all like, "Enigma here I come!" Of such things being a noob to high level trades are made. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to console myself by selling those half dozen monarch shields I've managed to pick up in like 10 Hell Cow runs.

2. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

CS is 5 sockets max - can't make botd.

Also, off hand weapon speed does matter for ww.

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Endgame dex is either 222 (for max block with stormshield), or lowest dex you can hold while still hitting the minimum to equip your weapon with the +dex from your gear. For most pvpers who don't use a shield, this is zero, since the berserker axe requires a very low amount of dex to use.

-Hal

4. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Ah, thanks guys. Looks like a Death RW weapon for a Berserker, Charger, or Avenger then.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hey i thought of Death r/w and it can't hit lwwp on anything as it has no ias :( However with OIAS and a -10 weapon like a eth warspike it is possible to hit 9fpa zerk/conc/bash/stun :D As for that e-Colo Sword if you somehow cube it and it gets 4 socks an Oath in that would be sweet! Oops think sup weapons won't work with that cube recipe hehe Ah well if all else fails just make an 'Honor' outta it and slap it on a barb merc or something :D

6. psych

psych IncGamers Member

I plan on using a Death collossus sword on my frenzy baba, next to my Oath champion sword. If I am not mistaken only the first hand speed counts for frenzy, so I hope it works. Still trying to get the vex or the complete sword though...