Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the Ultimate PVP Sorce build?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by IndianPride, Mar 28, 2004.

1. IndianPride

IndianPride IncGamers Member

Whats the Ultimate PVP Sorce build?

Ok my friend just quit D2 and he said that i was the ONE to inherit all his wealth (omfg he's a rich kunt). Alright now i am super rich so i can buy absolutely almost anything...

What is the best build for a PvP Sorce? This is not hardcore.

I wanna use orb, but not JUST orb. Orb as the only one skill is really really boring, what about TS?

Cheers :thumbsup:

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

I hear Meteorb skills are pretty good. Orb with firebolt. Or was it fireball. I forget.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

TS is weaker than it use to be.

its not firebolt, its fireball. its viable.

could also do: hydra or L.

4. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

For orb + something i suggest orb/hydra. There is no best build. If you want a good one a pure blizzard sorceress kills a lot, so does a pure lightning sorceress or pure fire.

5. FiNaLoRgYkKzOn

FiNaLoRgYkKzOn Banned

no good pvp use firebolt...less mana= more eshield=more survival...did you know that most fireball pkers are glass cannons and cant take even 1 ww for botd barb? and blizz sorcs are aweomse...if you're on ladder i think you can hit 16k blizz with about 2k life with cta....

6. white_flame5775

white_flame5775 Banned

what are you making up? fire sorc arent "glass cannons", i have seen a fire sorc take quite a few hits before dying. It doesnt even make any sense, why would a blizz sorc be more durable then fire sorc? they can take just as many hits as a fire sorc
    anwyays, the best for PvP lately is(that i have seen lately[int he past 2 weeks or so])is a fire sorc. once you egt tele'ing down and can dodge almost any attacks and you start gettin more accurate with fireball you will do very well. Fire does so much damage you really cant just drown it out with resists+absorb like you can with lightning. blizz sorc is decent, just that blizzard is easily avoidably, especially now that in 1.10 any character can teleport due to enigma rune-word.

Butas you said you extremely rich, so the BEST(there is no ABSOLUTE best)i have ever seen is a melee sorc, but took a lot of expensive equipment to make him like that. had:

::Edit:: sorry, accidently quit out of internet, but continued....:

max-fire mastery
    max-enchant
    max-warmth
    max-one of the cold armours, person preference which one
    rest-at least 10 into energy shield, and any after that(if you even get this higher) should go into tele since you will want to tele around a lot and dont want to be using any +mana items except mayb frosties

Stats(always the same):
    enough str to hold gear
    enough dex for max block
    rest into vit
    energy stays at base

he(or she)basicly tele'd around a person(obviously with wep enchanted, cold armour and e. shield active) and then zoomed in and used ww(from chaos)to kill the person.

chaos/SS on 1 switch, and on other wep switch he had cta/lidless

7. Mage_Killer

Mage_Killer IncGamers Member

chaos is a claw-only runeword

8. Big-Guy624

Big-Guy624 IncGamers Member

lol i smell bs whiteflame

p.s. es is useless with out lvl 16 tk :uhhuh:

9. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

what do u guys think bout maxing FO and synergies THEN with max LM try to put as many into TS as possible? TS is cast and forget..u can just ast it once and use FO to duel..sounds good to me :scratch:

with plus 6 skills ( starting with level 20 LM and level 15 TS since no synergies..) we can get a TS of duration bout 3 mins and damage from 920 to 1300..sounds pretty nice? :scratch:

10. Syvis

Syvis IncGamers Member

And the answer is blizzard sorc. You could also try lightning sorc :) I have 1 in non-ladder and she does 6-32000 per lightning, but dueling with it is same as gambling.

11. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Blizz sorcs are amazing. But 16k?! How'd you manage that? 6k I can believe, my sorcys pushing 5900 right now, with full + skill gear on (no anni yet). Even if you had a +3 cold ammy, +3 cold circlet, the damage wouldn't jump up 10k. Granted, ladder items are better, but I doubt they're 10k better...

12. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

Death's fanthom, nightwings, ormus +3 blizzard etc and you can get 16k. More reasonable is 12-14k.

13. Jowy

Jowy IncGamers Member

"reasonable" would be 7-9k.
    All those "14k damage yay" builds are no good, they die in 1-3 hits from almost anything.

30-40 point synergy Blizz Sorc with ES and high TK > 60 point synergy Sorc with low TK.

14. Tanatus

Tanatus IncGamers Member

Few things obviously for PvP built
    a) Maximum block (so need sheild with high % block so you need least dextr to get 75% chance)
    b) Cold, lighting, fire absorb gear (dwarf star, raven frost, wisp) and maxed resistances
    c) Maximim DR (hence you get it to ~50%)
    d) everyone and thier dogs in PvP have 2 things - cold absorb and cannt be frozen (max cold resist + 2 ravens and you are pretty much will get healed by blizzard sorc instead of taking damage)
    e) lighting attack CANNT be blocked (fire ball can) and also lighting attack STUN target ... which is priceless. True to be told lighting absorb can deactivate a lot power of lighting attack..
    So bearing all this in mind I'd suggerst go for Hydra/TS build. Why so?
    Hydra like most fire based spells with intence firing rate do stun and so does thunderstorm. So once your opponent will get caught in fire its be dead most likely (Cold attack dont stun and you can get away even if you took damage). Both attack are homid you dont need spend time on targeting
    Last but not least thing to consider they you will get your gear. Facets - make sure you -resist 5.

15. knickknack

knickknack IncGamers Member

I don't know much about "the ultimate pvp sorc" build, but here is some advice:

Pick either:
    Orb sorc
    FB sorc
    or Blizz sorc

They are vastly diffrent skills, pick your build based on which skill you like to use the most and are the best with.

orb/ts build does not work very well anymore, though I suppose you could at least get fake ts with an orb sorc.

if orb sorc I would get 105% fcr vs melee and casters. Try it out yourself to see what cast rate you would like vs certain classes.

Also, look at where you are dueling for rules and etc.

As for best items some basic sorc gear would be:
    shako,tals or maras or caster ammy, aracnid or caster or tals belt, ormus or vipermaji, waterwalks, 2xsoj, frosties or magefists, occy or fathom or hoto or eschutas or wiz, san or wistans or upgraded vis.

make sure to get some good charms, they are extreemly expensive but valuable for your build. Charms example: 10x cold skilers with ~40 life, 1x annulus,9x life/mana sc.

16. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Are you forgetting about the -200% cold mastery? I would love to see someone with 95% resists and 40% absorb go out vs a bliz sorc when they arent stacking MEGA resist.

17. PiscesIscariot

PiscesIscariot Banned

I'm sorry, but this is a gross generalization.

My (old) Blizz sorc does 15 dmg, has 2k+ life with BO and max block. She has max res, and the ability to use specialized res gear if necessary. She has great FCR, insane dmg, good life, max block. GL beating me in one hit.

She'll be rebuilt in 3 weeks, msg me then and we'll duel.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Firebolt is better. Around level 45+ it starts to pass fireball in damage, and it stays at 2 mana, instead of fireball which is like 30ish. It's also half a frame faster. Only use ball against people where you would need the AoE such as minions.
    IMO blizzard is still probably the better skill though.

19. Jowy

Jowy IncGamers Member

You use CTA to enhance your life, so that pretty much makes your argument void. I'm not gonna force anything on you, but if you're interested, see how well you do with the ~1200 life you have without the bonus from CTA, and less Mana of course.

20. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

because bliz is such a mana-intensive skill and all :uhhuh:

EDIT: I konw this is the sorc forum, but what I dont' get is if you have supposedly nearly unlimited funds, and are looking to build the ultimate pvp character, why go with a sorc in the first place? All their attacks are elemental.

elemental = highly resistable and absorbable.

The only sorc attack that my nec can't COMPLETELY negate is a bliz over 12-13k. Even then, it's a tiny amount of damage being dealt. A 15k bliz does 62 damage to him. That's not much, when he has 2.5k life or so.

The good light sorcs can stun nice, but even so their damage is completely negateable. So is a 20k fb.

Go with physical or magical damage if you want an ultimate pvp character. But if you're stuck on sorcs, make a bliz one

--fatty