What's the smallest rune people actually have a use for? i

Tkennan

Diabloii.Net Member
What's the smallest rune people actually have a use for?

Topic says it all...On ladder, what generally is the lowest rune people are interested in trading for? Tal, or maybe Ral? Lower?

mythos

Diabloii.Net Member
el. it goes in fortitude
rals are probably the most popular for bulk trades tho, due to their use in crafted ammy's.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
El is useful in BotD too.
Eld is great in shields to save on Dex for blocking, where there is no better option.

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
El rune + chipped gem + low quality armor = normal quality armor.

I have used this on archon plates and then sold them off.

Not that anyone trades el's though. Lowest would be rals in bulk, otherwise it is people just looking for them for a pgem or something.

GreyGhost

Banned
Every rune has a useful function. Look over the crafting recipes and think of the different situations when each recipe might be useful.

Lord Nyax

Banned
Eth runes are used to craft KB Gloves.
Iths can be used to make a LLD weapon (lvl 15, +9 max), albiet not a great one.
Tals are used in Spirit.
Rals are awesome, Insight, Armor Repair, Amulet Crafting...
Orts are good too, Spirit, Weapon Repair.
Thuls are used for Spirit (and theoretically for those rare +120% Cold Res PvP Armors...).

... and so on and so forth. I really can't see using anything below Eth in mass bulk though...

Lord Nyax

Banned
One sec, I know Eth runes are used for some type of gloves...maybe Hitpower?

EDIT: Pshhh, I should die...I will die! :fortuneteller:

Anywho...I guess Eth is useless...but it used to be semi-godly when the Eth bug was in effect (-25% Enemy Defense worked on the entire defense, and it worked passively, so 4 eth runes meant the enemy has 0 def, basically).

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
El is good for cubing Zod :badteeth:

Good one. (You are fast becoming one of my favorite posters Suiling)

RAL is probably the lowest commonly traded rune which is what I think you were asking in this thread.

I have traded lower runes to people who forget it is easier the run Normal Countess than making a trade game and waiting for the Tal, El or Ith.

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
Has anyone noticed how hard El is to find when you realize thats the only rune you need to finally make that eBotd?

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Nolecub said:
Has anyone noticed how hard El is to find when you realize thats the only rune you need to finally make that eBotd?
Whenever you need something, no matter how common it is, its rarity will suddenly increase fifty fold. Just for you.