Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whats the point of making new elite unqiues?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by snowy_angelaaa, Feb 3, 2004.

1. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

whats the point of making new elite unqiues?

most of the new unqiues after path 1.10 r nth special. the design is poor. for example the rarest unqiue armor tyreals might and templers might. the mods on them is nth really powerful can only match those mid level rune word armor.they suppose to be more powerful then that. personally i would choose shaft top over any of the new elite armours realsed after 1.10

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

You are ignorant. Have you even see Tyrael's or Templar's Might? From what you are saying I doubt it because they are a lot better than Shaftstop.

3. Dtagon

Dtagon IncGamers Member

I found a Templar's.... not too useful considering the STR requirement.

Tyrael's is pretty GILF though.

4. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

Too bad there aren't any normal items worth upgrading...

And yeah, Shaft rapes all of those armors.

Upgraded shaft and it's defense might as well be that of Templar/Tyraels. Wear a Raven and you've got "Cannot be Frozen."
    Defense vs. Missle- on Shaft.
    Shafts requirements are better
    30 life is fine up against 15 vit

Only thing I can see that these armors have over shaft is the str bonus and resistances, and I don't see anything special in "Slain Monster Rest in Peace" (who cares about that pathetic mod?) The "damage reduced" rapes those mods anyways.

5. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

monster slain in peace is pretty good against carvers and the likes, and the skellys in a2.....

6. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Despite its high str requirement, Leviathon would probably be the best melee armour in the game. 25% DR, 1700 Defense and 45-50 str... a Titan's dream come true [if those classes are still viable that is].

7. Ap0c4lypse

Ap0c4lypse IncGamers Member

heh who cares my shaft is for my merc only =)

8. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I think it´s great with all the new items. It raises your chances of finding good uniques in Hell. I never transfer items between characters and only play each area in the game once, so I am thankful for any chances I get. In fact, I think they should have made uniques for ALL basic item types. Myself, I would have been happier if they had added uniqes for all normal and exceptional class-specific items and throwing weapons. With my style of play, I would have had more use of those than of the elites.

And I don´t like that they took away the classic Azurewrath Crystal Sword. That was a really nice little weapon if you found it in Act 2 normal.

9. snowy_angelaaa

snowy_angelaaa IncGamers Member

just found templers might last nite, the mods r not good at all. 30 fast hirrecovery +15 vit+15? cant remember. this is
    equivelent to+30 life. +30 life only for the best unquie armor in the game?? i think blizzard should change the stats of them.they have done a good job for the set items after 1.10 hope they can fix those useless unqiues as well.

10. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Amazon: 15 Vit = 45 hp
    Assassin: 15 Vit = 45 hp
    Barbarian: 15 Vit = 60 hp**
    Druid: 15 Vit = 30 hp*
    Necromancer: 15 Vit = 30 hp
    Paladin: 15 Vit = 45 hp
    Sorceress: 15 Vit = 30 hp

* But will be boosted enormously by Oak Sage and Shapeshifting.
    ** But will be boostefd enormously by Battle Orders.

So all in all 15 Vit isn't that bad of a mod, considering the classes (Druid and Barbarian) that will use this armor (due to STR requirements) are the ones that get 60 or more hitpoints out of it.

The Vit mod however doesn't work on Mercs.

11. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

If you ever enter Baal's throne room and find Horadrim Ancient's, Gloams and Oblivion Knights, you will wish dearly that you had that one little mod.

12. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Tyrael's Might = Shaftstop + Nature's Peace + Raven Frost (+ Sandstorm Trek, if you give a rats about vit/str).

Carrion Wind is another massively underrated ring. Twister on striking is just soo useful.

Never quite saw the attraction, myself.

Runewords totally own the new uniques. Another good one is Levithian. I mean, why the heck bother with it? It's not like defense actually matters!! Ooo, strength.

Of all the new uniques added, only the rings and ammys are even remotely worth wearing. Verdungo's Hearty is pretty cute as well. The rest all suck, including a good 99% of the new elite unique weapons.

The major exception to the "suck" rule of elite uniques typically involves one to three factors:

1) Bugged behaviour. See Marrowwalk for details.
    2) Cheese. See Decrepify (Reaper's Toll).
    3) Wierdly overpowered. eg Azurewrath.

The worst ones are so ridiculously variable that you would be better off with a suicide branch if you get a bad roll (eg. Eschutas).

There are very few balanced additions IMO. They're all either way too weak, or way too strong.

Let's not talk about runewords, k? :D

13. leesh

leesh Guest

didn't know ancients, gloams and kinght could be revived

14. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

The second wave of Baal's minions revive everything undead in proximity of the throne.

15. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

Actually that is not totally true. Once a group of minions is defeated or just before the first group gets spawned, baal used to garble/mangle the corpses in 1.09, now that isn't visible anymore, but it still happens. For instace, even if there's still corpses around, I can't use redemption on them to get life/mana, nor can they be raised.

Having said that, Baal only does that to corpses in his vicinity. Which makes the raising of the second wave usually worse cause you don't expect it, since it always comes from behind. He raises the corpses in the far end of the Throneroom. He can raise all undead apart from other Unravelers of course, like OKs, Chaos Knights, Dolls and Gloams.

16. leesh

leesh Guest

ohhhhh thanks for the 411

17. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I think Reaper's toll is a very good weapon for mercs. It slows monsters down, takes away physical resist and removes immunities to physical attacks.

18. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

What's the point of complaining about the new elite uniques?

19. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

Anyone seen Steel Shade, unique Armet? That is a case of a completely worthless elite unique.

Makes him feel special.