Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

whats the point in Campaign?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by JPmancer, Apr 3, 2015.

1. JPmancer

JPmancer IncGamers Member

i can understand the need to do 1 per acc.

but as far as i can tell, just no point or incentive.
    it generates far less gold and items per hour
    its more than 50% slower to lvl char, and gameplay just boring

after all the game really starts at lvl 70

2. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

It all depends on your point of view. If I ever go back to D3, I will only play the campaign (the Crusader and Act 5 for my other characters) and I'd give the Adventure mode a wide birth. I could think of anything worse the running bounties/rifts/grifts forever!

3. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

Well, repeating campaign mode isn't much different to doing bounties. Except it's always the same "bounties" and you have to do them in a set order.

As for the point of story mode, well, it tells the story. Adventure mode is just an acknowledgement that repeating the same (non-random) story over and over is boring, and that just roaming around the game world with no direction at all is also boring. So they gave us random directions.

4. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I love campaign mode when it's new, but pretty much abandon it after I've gone through it a few times. I think the game would lose some of it's charm is they simply got rid of it.

5. MaStAViC

MaStAViC IncGamers Member

I am playing Campaign mode right now and am finding it to be a load of fun.

That said, however, my experience is likely unique. My girlfriend and I played Diablo 3 when it was first released, got to level 60, never beat Inferno, then quit the game within a month. Last week, we finally purchased the expansion and are now in Act 3 of Campaign mode. We have no idea what rifts and paragon are - seriously! - but can't wait to find out after getting to level 70.

Vic

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

When an expansion with a new act comes out (hoping) I might play the campaign once through the entire story. Then adventure mode forever probably.

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

Bliz put in some efforts to enliven campaign mode back before ROS (guaranteed leg drop from Diablo if you did all 4 acts in sequence) but the devs clearly view it as just a stepladder to the real/full game that is Adventure Mode. Thus they don't require players to play through the campaign again when starting a new season, a new char, etc.

I've heard some people argue against that convenience,but I think requiring players to replay campaign would be a terrible idea, since most of us don't want to. Adding some features or bigger bonuses to Campaign to incentivize replaying it is a different issue, and I'd be fine with that, though the devs don't seem to have any interest in doing so.

Also, as far as power has crept, any game content where T6 is the max difficulty would be really hard to make viable. Imagine there's an option for T1-T12 in campaign mode, but only up to T6 in adventure mode. Would anyone play campaign mode just for that difficulty and reward? Probably not, given the low monster density, non-randomness, etc.

Foutch likes this.