Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"whats the point?" another 1.09 vs 1.10 type thingy der=

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aurul, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Aurul

Aurul IncGamers Member

"whats the point?" another 1.09 vs 1.10 type thingy

Well i was helping out a bunch of people do hell worldstone with my 99 1.09 pally and started thinking about how 1.10 is not a net change but is more of a dynamic equilibrium thing 1.09<----->1.10 for u chem majors :thumbsup: Anywayz heres the way i see it....

-Yes all the iths were banned, but i dunno those botd weapons are pretty damn good.
    -Cow level is little xp....baal runs insane amount of xp plus very ez
    -single player is still way too ez
    - No one cant kill anymore effectively in 8 player games by themselves, but in this patch u need to be in a game with about 4or 5 others to gain the same xp u earned in 1.09 with 8 players in the game.
    -Meph, diablo baal pindle still drop great items(wasnt that supposed to be changed)...coincidentally does the whole thing about mf not working on act bosses still in effect?
    -People still get rushed
    -1.09 was annoying because it was too easy, 1.10 is annoying because well they made it sooo fuken tediuos.. i mean how the hell do black souls threaten my 99 pally with max resist and like 2000 life. Their harder then diablo for crying out loud....
    -every game used to be cowzrunz004, now its baalrunz004
    -things are still getting duped like runes, and as of last weekend 3/07/04 ive seen my friend dupe me 6 arachnid mesh belts. I didnt take them... im a pally and honorable and stuff
    With the exception of making more character builds viable because of synergy, all this patch really did was shift where people spend 99% of their time and shift the wealth of those that stocked up on 290's or those that stocked up on bugged items. What u guys think?

Disclaimer b4 i get flamed for something stupid like in my last thread.... yes i realize that it is my opinion that single player is too ez blah blah blah blah blah and that baal runs blah blah blah blah and that my 99 pally ownz baals minions like the yankees own A-rod ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha redsox suckz n00bz :thumbsup:

Disclaimer #2.... plz dont flame me for using any of the following "99 pally" "ownz" "n00bz" "redsox"

2. toader

toader Banned

Putting up disclaimers isnt going to stop anyone. There is no magical power behind writing the words "disclaimer."

And yes, I agree with you, for the most part, 1.10 is alot like 1.09. But guess what...no matter what they do, it will always be the same, just in different manners, thats the point of the patch. The game is STILL diablo, its STILL good to lvl your characters fast and acheive good items. No matter how you alter stuff around with patches, the objectives will remain the same, and thus be acheived by the general public.

3. Hacker24

Hacker24 IncGamers Member

I think the goal of 1.10 was to mix things up, at least thats the reason for a lot of people to keep playing. I mean, after a while cow runs become boring. Also, u said that the game went from too easy to tedious. If you think the game is tedious, then why play it? I think the added difficulty(i.e. souls) makes the game fun. I cant play 1.09 forever. 1.10 RULES! YAYA

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

At least they can be made legitimately.
    Agreed - but experience between levels 95-99 is extremely little.
    Some builds are different than others. In fact, some are incredibly difficult. Some single player is easy, but some is not.
    I have no idea what you just said. I think the experience doesn't get higher after 5 player games.
    Act boss drops were improved because they drop better on the quest drop (first kill). Otherwise they remain relatively unchanged (mf-wise)
    But there is MUCH less profit to be had from it.
    Get some lightning absorb and swing away.
    Agreed.
    I disagree. There were two rune dupes, yes, but as of now there is no public dupe. Provide evidence of your "friend" duping and I would believe you.

5. toader

toader Banned

I gave my freind 1 gold the other day, he said he could dupe it. Within a couple minutes he had already duped it like 30 times all over the town. It was incredible. I didnt take any of it though, dont wanna get banned.