Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the most damaging melee belt?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zticazzy, Dec 20, 2015.

1. zticazzy

zticazzy Diabloii.Net Member

Let's suppose for a while that we want to make a full-damage oriented melee build, and let's say that more IAS is not needed because we aldready reach the last BP we want. Then what are the remaining options to increase our output damage in a significant way? Thundergod's? OW from crafted blood belts? Personally I can't come up with a real winner here. Your thoughts?

2. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

My immediate thought would be Trang-Oul's Girth to free up whatever the char is using for CBF to gear towards damage, but I don't know if that's in line with what you're thinking. If your literal only concern is damage from the belt slot it's probably Thundergod's, Iratha's (depending on multipliers, though I would expect this to win out most of the time but I'm only making a rough guess there and might be massively off) or some craft though in terms of an all around build you'd much rather get CBF, resists, leech, or damage reduction from your belt instead of trying to milk whatever anemic damage numbers can be gotten.

Maybe Snowclash even gets in there, considering just how bad the options are. For that matter IK's is probably very close to Thundergod's if not superior for most characters.

maxicek likes this.
  3. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Impossible to answer because it depends on the rest of the gear, namely ed%, max damage build carrys, and opponent's. But depending on situation, these belts are also most damaging:

1. Arachnid Mesh
    1 skill adds some %ed on skills, but more important are venom charges which add 100 damage average over 0.4 seconds. If opponent is low on poison resist and you also have Trang Claws gloves, this belt then offers highest damage output (I believe so). Even without Trang Gloves it offers most damage on low poison resist target (roughly 250 dps on 0 res which seems unbeatable to me from other belts). On top of that there are also other bonuses from belt.

2. Carfted Blood Belt
    With 30 Strength and 10% OW, heh. So, 30% ED bonus and OW which adds ~130 dps when triggered over 8 seconds, but very unreliable. Venom is more reliable. + you could have OW from the rest of the gear which could not be true for Venom.

3. Razortail
    10 max damage could turn into bonus of over 100 per attack depending on ed% and critical rate. Also 15 more dex for more AR to hit more, also offers damage to bows. This is probably safest bet with dps I'd say.

4. all the rest
    I could be missing some fancy option

I'd choose either Arach or Razortail, because OW is so lol actually.

2$ done

EDIT
    Razortail wins hands down. Now that I did short math, depending on your attack speed and ed%, Razortail could add like 150 damage per hit with say Zeal or Whirlwind hitting 6 times a second... and that is excluding bonus AR you get from dexterity. On top of that belt has mode that attacker takes damage. OP!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    pharphis likes this.
  4. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

dont forget the 3-6 cold damage on Blood crafts
    that could change everything

5. zticazzy

zticazzy Diabloii.Net Member

They're all game-breaking as suspected! Thanks for the replies, I was afraid I was missing some tasty option, but sadly there are none. I'll stick to my razortail then! :p

6. naranjadita

naranjadita Diabloii.Net Member

Well heЯe is my five Яoubles.

First thing to note is - OP didn't give enough of initial info.
    1. Is this melee build physical? There are melee elemental builds that benefit greatly from +skills - so if it's Firecalws druid, Tesladin or Enchantress - you should try throwing Arachnid into calculation and see the numbers (well, this is if what we are looking for is raw damage)
    2. Speaking of Enchantresseses, if you're running a lightning based build, you may concider using Hwanin or TGV. I'm not sure that the added lightning damage to be multiplied by Mastery is better than plain "+ 1 to all skills" from Arach, but it's worth calculating at least (you'll use Arach for Enchant prebuff anyway).
    3. What weapon is used to hit things? If you go full damage (physical) with a dagger, a claw or if you're playing a bow wielding Weredruid, you might want to search for ways to increase your dexterity. Razortail grants both plain damage and dex, so it's a good option - but so is IK (combined with gloves esp.) and TGV (or rare belt with high str bonus) as these would free up good amount of stat points to invest in dex.

In general, belt isn't really a piece to look for offensive mods - it's either devensive, or a trade-off (like compensating equipment requirements with appropriate stat bonus). In terms of additional physical damage a good grand charm is a few leagues above any belt.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

There are no belts which offer bonuses on the offense for melee characters which can compare to the bonuses which other belts might have. It's better to get those bonuses from this item slot and improve the offense elsewhere.

Razortail on a melee character, come on, seriously? It offers nothing but +10 maxdmg and a bit dex. I guess you just have to make a few shop visits to get a better one.

I would slap on T-God's and enjoy its grand defensive bonuses! A T-God's wearer with decent lightning res can take a wellness bath in lightning from gloams and pretty much everything and even gets healded if no conviction boss is near while having big str+vit bonuses! BTW, javazons will also get a boost to LF and LS, that probably counts as an offensive bonus.

8. Delsy

Delsy Diabloii.Net Member

TGV is a bad belt for a melee build, because the annoying casting of FoH will lower your damage output by a lot. As Gripp said, the best is Razortail in most situations. Second choice would be 30 str belt I think.

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

I'm with maareek on this. Use belt to free up another slot. If you can get a bit of resist / FHR on the belt to allow you to use an extra Sharp GC or whatever, that will benefit you more.

In all my melee characters I usually end up using String, Trangs or a Blood craft.

If you have all other bases covered, sure, go for Razortail.

10. krischan

You have a point with that, but that depends on the kind of melee attack used. For example, zeal or WW are uninterruptible, so T-God's FoH will only cause a problem between zeal/WW rounds which is easily outweighed by its lightning protection.

Tell me a melee build with Razortail and I will suggest a better belt which is rather easily available :p

11. Delsy

Delsy Diabloii.Net Member

Sure Krischan, I have no doubt you can do that. :) But I wasn't refering to the best melee belt, but rather the most damaging melee belt as is suggested in the topic. :p :D

12. krischan

Yes, it's like asking which ballet dancer would be the best at lifting weights with me saying that he would do a better job at dancing while leaving the weightlifting to weightlifters :)

Hookipa likes this.
  13. Korlic

Korlic Diabloii.Net Member