Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the hype?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Tarr, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

What's the hype?

Fresh from Mephy:

Marrowwalk
    Boneweave Boots
    Defense: 196
    Durability: 13 of 16
    Required Strength: 118
    Required Level: 66
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0xb1bec11f
    +13 to Strength
    +17 to Dexterity
    +189% Enhanced Defense
    Regenerate Mana 10%
    Heal Stamina Plus 10%
    20% Faster Run/Walk
    +2 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    Half Freeze Duration
    Level 33 Bone Prison (9/13 Charges)
    Level 12 Life Tap (3/10 Charges)

What is it that makes these such a big deal? I've heard plenty of people say how great they are for summoners. Why? +2 to skeleton mastery? What's the hidden agenda on these?

2. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 Diabloii.Net Member

:lol:

It's the level 33 Bone Prison charges. If you don't have any points in BP, either by an item or by placing them there yourself, then they act as 33 points of synergy. So, you will have insane Bone Armor for instance if you slap these puppies on, and they synergise the offensive bone skills too IIRC.

3. atmosphere

atmosphere Diabloii.Net Member

Well for starters there's the Bone Armour bug. The Bone Prison charges on Marrowwalk synergize with Bone Armour if you don't put any hard skill points in the synergies themselves.
    Then there's also the dexterity, which is nice if you go for max block, and the strength and mana regeneration which are great stats for any summoner I guess.

atmo

4. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Um. Oh.

If I do have points in bone prison (a lot, as I do) does it still add? Holy crap my bone armor would absorb about 2000 damage.

5. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately no.

6. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Crap. Oh well, to the stash then. Thanks for the input.

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well even without the charge bug, i say theres no better boots for a fishy, and all characters can use them for the str, dex and FRW, although there main use is on necros.

8. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Well I've got almost perfect waterwalks, which have more faster r/w (maybe the same, can't remember offhand actually) and the other mods are more useful than another +2 to skeleton mastery imo. Plus unless I finish Trang's set I won't meet the str requirements, as it is I have to wear nosferatu's coil (blah) to have the str for skullder's for the moment.

9. Llathias

Llathias Banned

you can take off Nosferatu's and Skullder's will remain. might be tedious when you're getting your corpse though. (and according to the diabloii.net Fact of the Day, you get redressed every time you exit from a trade window. don't think i actually had that problem during the short time i needed strength boost. should go and test soon)

10. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Sure this isn't a 1.09 or before thing? I'm playing 1.10, and when I take off nosferatu's, skullders turns red and my necro looks nekkie, aside from the condom cap that is harlequin.

11. cft

cft Diabloii.Net Member

@FartingBob I kinda like Natalya's boots better. lightning/cold resists, 40% run speed, and not too high of a str req...

12. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Let's say you have one hard point into bone armor and no points into prison. You slap on the Marrowalks and the level33 BPrison synergy (which is higher than you can get naturally btw) synergizes your BArmor and voila! You have a 600 pt bone armor.

The other major upside is that you can have a pretty effective bone spell arsenal too while having fully maxed summoning skills.

13. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, but with +skills I already have nearly 30 in bone prison and I had planned to max it anyway. So too late for this guy, and since I won't be playing another necro unless it's either a poisoner or a magey user, these probalby won't get much use. If I do the magemaster I'll plan that build around them.

14. JicamaEater

JicamaEater Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately the +skills don't add to synergies. But level 30 BP IS pretty much free, which is always uber-cool.

15. essojay

essojay Diabloii.Net Member

If you don't mind taking advantage of the marrowwalk synergy "feature," then I would probably wear marrowwalks for any necro. Even for a poison necro, for example, synergizing bone armor is never bad.

16. Tarr

Tarr Diabloii.Net Member

As I said, this necro has a ton of points poured into bone prison already, making it redundant. IF I ever play the magemaster (unlikely, I can't be motivated to play through the game *again*, I've barely touched my IK barb and the only reason I did that is I had no keyboard and was relegated to safe newbie playing) then I'll build him to use those. Plus my current necro doesn't have the STR for them anyway.