what's the highest def a rare helm can get?

wedoz

Diabloii.Net Member
what's the highest def a rare helm can get?

found a spired helm earlier with 456 defence on it. was NOT ethereal and not up'ed. 2 to shadow disciplines or something or other. i kinda thought 456 was alot...just how damn high can it go?
 

Jerkazoid

Diabloii.Net Member
about 890 def is the highest a helm could go

corona at 165, ethereal, 200% def, two sockets with pul runes (+30% each)

856 would be the best for spired helms (same astronomical properties)
 

lazyassdre

Diabloii.Net Member
This makes me wonder...what is possibly the most defense a character (Barb) can get... If you all the armors with the highest defense, ethereal, up'ed, and in some cases unique, and stick Pul runes in em...and then max Shout and Iron Skin and Concentrate...and hit an Armor Shrine...maybe even 3 if they're still bugged...well I can't do the math/research right now. Anyone else wanna take a swing at it?
 

wedoz

Diabloii.Net Member
lazyassdre said:
This makes me wonder...what is possibly the most defense a character (Barb) can get... If you all the armors with the highest defense, ethereal, up'ed, and in some cases unique, and stick Pul runes in em...and then max Shout and Iron Skin and Concentrate...and hit an Armor Shrine...maybe even 3 if they're still bugged...well I can't do the math/research right now. Anyone else wanna take a swing at it?
it would simply read untouchable
 

wedoz

Diabloii.Net Member
that would be a great idea for someone with alot of time on their hands who likes to make off the wall builds

anyone up for it lol
 

skihard

Banned
Jerkazoid said:
about 890 def is the highest a helm could go

corona at 165, ethereal, 200% def, two sockets with pul runes (+30% each)

856 would be the best for spired helms (same astronomical properties)

A spired helm can get 3 sockets so wouldn't that get a little bit higher def?

Also a Eth Corona can have Starting Def of about 180 plus your Edef and 3 Pul's comes to almost 1000 def
 

TriggerHappy

Diabloii.Net Member
"Godly" and "Artesian's" are both prefixes so one item cannot have both. Jerkaziod is right, 890 is the top def. :drink:
 

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
skihard said:

A spired helm can get 3 sockets so wouldn't that get a little bit higher def?

Also a Eth Corona can have Starting Def of about 180 plus your Edef and 3 Pul's comes to almost 1000 def
Rares/magical helms cannot get 3 sockets.
 

Onefuryz

Diabloii.Net Member
Well i guess thats not 100% correct - u can get 3 socket helms but u cant get 3 socket ones with the goldy prefix

Edit

907 is the higest def possible actually,

The guardian crown at 168 def is highest
 
Top