Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the definition of bad manners?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by smeer, Oct 26, 2006.

1. mainaman

mainaman Diabloii.Net Member

put a doom on a sorc and the whole build goes to hell, fcr dmg all goes down the drain.
    whats the use of doom on a bowazon ? to try catch up with fc java? thats intersting concept...

2. De4dEyE

De4dEyE Diabloii.Net Member

There is no real definition of BM. Not everyone will agree to a set definition. I could say having xx% FRW or FCR is BM and I'm SURE some random would agree.

3. SicHalo

SicHalo Diabloii.Net Member

BM has no clean cut answer if ur a pub person exspect the worst. Its just like some fohers cry about res stack or ppl crying about doom or like mentioned a scripter crys cuz of abs so do alot of sorcs when using max res gear, sometimes i think ppl expect u to dissadvantage urself to make life easier for them.

One of the worst i remeber was a drinking es fire sorc, where i needed to take the hots for a win.

Or ppl sometimes cry about leap, the funniest things i see are "LoL noob Jump baba"

4. Josiphos

Josiphos Diabloii.Net Member

One thing's for sure, CS zons zapping you from 2 screens away is BM...

I really dont mind decrep, prison, kb.

Slow is annoying, and can toe the line to BM if they are being jerks and using it on you while you are fighting someone else.

Some will argue (hammerdins mostly) that desynching is just fine...but whats the point if you use a server glitch to kill someone without them even seeing you on their screen?

Am a a great boxer if I sneak up on Mike Tyson while he's sleeping and hit him with a lead pipe?

5. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

IMO, i dont consider anything BM unless its an exploitation of a bug/glitch or a playing style(NK, TG, ...)

6. Here For Skulls

Here For Skulls Banned

Thats just the thing, there is no definition of bad manners.

A bunch of nerds just got together once and made a list of everything that beat them easily and enraged them.

Personally, I can't see how anyone can claim that anything other than third party programs/scripts, healing, or nking is "bm"

If you make an elemental char you should expect to be fully absorbed once in a while. If that enrages you, stop crying and dont make elemental characters, because by that point its obvious that you just cant handle it. Better yet, quit d2, you obviously arent mature enough to handle it if stupid little things like that enrage you that much.

7. DjSlayer

DjSlayer Diabloii.Net Member

I've seen alot of those in pubbies, and trying to discuss with them is futile. So it's nk them and steal their gold (gotta love this).

The rules are simple:
    BM= any pubby dueling game, enter it and be prepared to be nkd or nk.
    GM= private games, follow the rules or else.

- D.J.

8. Athelstan

Athelstan Diabloii.Net Member

Some of the things I do that other duelers have called bm:

Stacked resists (using gear and auras): this is especially funny, when I'm dueling a foher or a nova sorc using conviction, because apparently they can lower my resists, but I can't then raise them back to normal levels.

Sorb: granted, too much is definitely bm. You should never be able to completely negate your opponent's attacks. However, I usually use one piece of sorb, more if my opponent is bming.

Holy Freeze: very rarely, I'll flash holy freeze, usually to throw an opponent off before going in for the kill. Especially in tough smiter duels, this can give you the edge you need to win. I would agree that this is probably bm, unless the other person is using doom.

Desynch: Yeah, i do this, as all paladins do, although its not always on purpose. Nobody wants to be killed by an invisible person or hammer.

Life Tap: I really don't see a problem with life tap in smite duels, because it adds a little fun to these duels. Plus, both players can utilize life tap. Against other melee characters, it can definitely bm.

These are things that I believe everyone would agree to be bad manners, when they are done without provocation:

Town guarding
    Naked Killing
    Using hacks and cheats
    Gold stealing