What's the % chance of getting the maximum sockets with the quest? o

Venrae

Diabloii.Net Member
What's the % chance of getting the maximum sockets with the quest?

just wondering what the % chance is to get the maximum amount of sockets with the quest.

and if you were to upgrade a normal armor to elite, would the maximum number of sockets correspond with the normal item that you upgraded or the new elite item?

thanks

~Venrae~

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Venrae said:
just wondering what the % chance is to get the maximum amount of sockets with the quest.

and if you were to upgrade a normal armor to elite, would the maximum number of sockets correspond with the normal item that you upgraded or the new elite item?

thanks

~Venrae~
With the quest, you will always get the maximum number of sockets available on whatever item. WIth normal white/superior/cracked/ethereal ones, you get the max for that base item. Magical you get one or two, randomly. Anything else you get one.

As for upgrading a normal armor to elite... that's actually not possible. So it's a moot point.

Venrae

Diabloii.Net Member
now I'm really confused.... I used the socket quest on a monarch and got 3 sockets....

o_O

Oscuro

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Did you repair a {cracked | low quality | damaged} monarch using the El + chipped gem cube recipe? That recipe sets ilvl to 1, which allows for only 3 sockets.

Venrae

Diabloii.Net Member
I traded for a monarch a plain monarch, then i made another game, and used the nm socket quest, and got 3 sockets.

~_~

~Venrae~

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Aerath said:
Quest does -not- give max sockets.

Socketed a magic NM Paladin shield, got 1 socket.
magical items are different than white items, white items ALWAYS give maximum sockets when used in the quest. See [thread=258325] here [/thread] in the quest reroll choice for each item type (white, magic, rare)

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
magics - 1-2 sockets random
white - depends on itemlevel. if you find it in hell then most likely you'll get max sockets
rare - only 1 socket with quest

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
If that monarch was flawed and they used the horadric cube repair formula on it, its iLvl would have been reduced to 1, causing fewer possible sockets (although I would have guessed 2 max not 3). In the future I would recommend never trading for something that hasn't been socketed already.

alexzed

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
If that monarch was flawed and they used the horadric cube repair formula on it, its iLvl would have been reduced to 1, causing fewer possible sockets (although I would have guessed 2 max not 3). In the future I would recommend never trading for something that hasn't been socketed already.
It's definately 3 sockets once upgraded from cracked or whatever. Took me two tries to figure that out - now I have two 3 OS Monarchs that aren't worth anything! :(