Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the big deal with coa?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by egervari, Mar 20, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

What's the big deal with coa?

I dunno what the big deal is about coa. I have a few, including one really nice one. I traded even nicer ones for sojs and high runes (east ladder). But when I look at, it's not that great unless you use those 2 sockets really skillfully, but honestly, most people I've seen use just put 2 ums in there. The thing I don't get is, kiras guardian provides most of the benefits as coa and pdr can usually be reached with ss/verdungos anyway. What are you guys using coa for? I have 3 on mules I want to deal off since I think it's fairly useless.

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

You can socket damage jewels into CoA. e.g. 40/15ias or 40/15max jewels. You can even socket 15ias/15resist all jewel. The defense is also like 3x+ times higher. The hit recovery on it is a huge bonus. Kira's also does not have +1 skills.

Seems a lot better to me than Kira's.

3. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Well, for one, 99.999% of the people on ladder do not have even one 40/15. They go for like 3 sojs, which is more than enigma (like 1.5 enigmas). So, on ladder, most people just use runes or crappy jewels. I do know that coa is better than kiras, but you can get like 2 perfect kiras for an um rune and it takes like 10 ums for a decent coa. And considering you have other helms, I'm not sure it's entirely worth it. In any event, a lot of people use the kiras for it's low strength requirements. I acknowledge that it's better, but when you size it up, it's not what everyone makes it out to be.

4. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

It's one of the best dueling helms out there. How many helms out there have 30% FHR [VERY important now], resistsm DR, AND up to 2 open sockets? The +1 skills is nice but it's gravey on top. It'll flat out beat Shako, Andy's Visage, vamp, etc depending on most setups.