Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the big deal about pindleskin?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CaimDark, Sep 14, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

What's the big deal about pindleskin?

Seriously. I've heard a lot about how he's the man to run to get good items, but I've never even got a single set or unique from him, not even a crushflanger! The one time I got a set was an incredible cathan's mesh, and that was from his minions OUTSIDE the temple.
    MEphisto is definitely woth running, as he almost always drops something (sometimes as many as 3 uniques and 2 sets). But pindle? Big disappointment. Am I the only one who thinks running pindle is worthless?

2. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

Pindle's so much closer than mephisto is. Easy to just duck in the portal and kill him too. Easy combo with eldritch and shenk, if you're not running nihlathak. mfing's overrated though.

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

The true value of Pindle running comes after hundreds upon hundreds of runs.

4. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Whistan's Guard, that's all I've ever found from him that was worth anything. He drops rares from time to time but none of them have been worth more than 2k gold so far. I run him occasionally to kill time, when I venture out of the pit. Oops, I could've done a few pit runs in the time it took me to type this. :shocked:

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Either you're an extremely fast Pit runner, or a very slow typist. :badteeth:

6. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Nm pindle hardcore dropped me an ist !!
    Hard not to pop in and kill him everytime in harrogoth after seeing that....

7. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Typing FTL! :laugh:

8. BadHorsie

BadHorsie IncGamers Member

I got a GrandFather from Pindle a long time ago when I was playing on the realm. And it's true, as many have said already, that he is easily accessible and good items come from countless amounts of runs. If you have a strong char. you can easily just slip in there for 10 seconds and kill him during MF runs. :prop:

9. Angel_Dusted

Angel_Dusted IncGamers Member

Pindle pays off. He'll drop good items from time to time, but generally it takes increments of 25-30 runs for anything truely worthwhile to even show up. Interestingly enough, virtually all of my wealth has come from this season.

So far he's dropped me (and no, I'm not making this up):

28% Death's Fathom
    30 Mara's
    Shako
    Oculus
    Paladin Combat GC with 31 to Life

And those are just the notable items. From time to time he'll drop some good rares, uniques, and sets. Also, he's fast, which is the real reason to run him and his minions.

10. Apoptosis

Apoptosis IncGamers Member

I didn't do pindle runs till I started playing hardcore, shenk/eldrich/pindle gives great exp and at 84 its still pretty good. He dropped me aldurs armor too, which isn't amazing but useful since my druid is naked.

11. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

In an Anya game in NM I poped in to kill pindle after the anya quest. He droped a 31 life Ele skiller that gave me 6 ist in ETF. :)