Whats the best ww weapon?

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Whats the best ww weapon?

:surprise:

No I am not asking that question.Its just a request to be a bit more open to new people asking such questions & others like "which is the best barb build?"...etc.

I realized it now.Its due to the new runewords & none of the barb guides have info on them except the recent zealbarb guide :uhhuh: .So they are probably a bit confused as to whether to stick to botd or use grief,whether oath is better or cleaver etc...So please dont point them to the stickies,you know the answers,so try & help them out. :)

p.s:You can do all sorts of things to people asking about ww breakpoints. :thumbsup:

Rik

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
There is no best WW weapon, because you need two of them for the hurtiest WW possible. :teeth:

(Myrdinn looked at the WW hit routine and something was added in 1.10: with one target in range both weapons have that same target; something I didn't expect would be added to WW, since Blizzard nerfed in every version.)

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
(Myrdinn looked at the WW hit routine and something was added in 1.10: with one target in range both weapons have that same target; something I didn't expect would be added to WW, since Blizzard nerfed in every version.)
Gj,finally your records are corrected,so you can be trusted on ww info :uhhuh:

Are those results from Myrdinn recent?I think you missed the tests carried out by mcm a year ago,which proved that both weapons can hit the same target together from & after frame8.

Rik

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
Are those results from Myrdinn recent?I think you missed the tests carried out by mcm a year ago,which proved that both weapons can hit the same target together from & after frame8.
I saw it, and stayed out of the thread. Those results from Myrdinn are very recent, done this month.

blobs

Banned
grief zerker / beast zerker best combo

alone, a grief

if you are a bot and do perfect short whirls every single time, eth razoredge with zod

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
rikstaker said:
the recent zealbarb guide :uhhuh:
<3 you too. :) Has jordy spoken to you about it recently? I haven't heard from him in a few weeks.

IHATENAMES, a Berserker Axe is far better than a Phase as long as you roll 34% or more IAS on it. It has a larger range and even more damage, and as long as you roll 34%+, you don't need the extra speed from a Phase.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
blobs said:
if you are a bot and do perfect short whirls every single time, eth razoredge with zod
There are no bots. If you are good, you can use short ranged weapons. You do NOT use bots. :mad:

jordy666

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile] said:
<3 you too. :) Has jordy spoken to you about it recently? I haven't heard from him in a few weeks.

IHATENAMES, a Berserker Axe is far better than a Phase as long as you roll 34% or more IAS on it. It has a larger range and even more damage, and as long as you roll 34%+, you don't need the extra speed from a Phase.
i posted teh guide, and it even was stickied.

but then there was a rollback, so i kinda need to repost it :D

-jordy :king:

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
Just some thing I know most of you know all ready greif is not the best 2 handed weapon out there. But 1 handed yes it is?

Llathias

Banned
as a more general question:

2h or 2x1h or 1h+shield? that is untwinked SP though, so don't suggest BotD+Beast combos :p

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO i rank the best weapons for a ww barb as listed bellow. This is of course for ladder play only!

2h - Breath of the dying made in eth great poleaxe (superior is even better)

2x1h - Grief Berzerker Axe + Beast Berzerker Axe (Sup BA:s even better)

1h + Shield - Grief Berzeker Axe + Shield (Storm or Phoenix). I suggested Phoenix for the & in enhance damage it adds. But it might not be the best choice (never tried Phoenix).

/Dec

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
IMO i rank the best weapons for a ww barb as listed bellow. This is of course for ladder play only!

2h - Breath of the dying made in eth great poleaxe (superior is even better)

2x1h - Grief Berzerker Axe + Beast Berzerker Axe (Sup BA:s even better)

1h + Shield - Grief Berzeker Axe + Shield (Storm or Phoenix). I suggested Phoenix for the & in enhance damage it adds. But it might not be the best choice (never tried Phoenix).

/Dec
I'd second that,short & simple. :clap:

Rik

morotsjos

Banned
blobs said:
Eth razors edge has pathetic damage compared to grief, and the 50% ds makes the critical strike from mastery completely obsolete =(

LorveN said:
There are no bots. If you are good, you can use short ranged weapons. You do NOT use bots. :mad:
And I'm sure you're better than blobs... =)

Decebal said:
Phoenix is worthless. It requires 39847388748 dex for maxblock and makes for way lower damage than dualwielding or 2-handers.

blobs

Banned
well for nl i thought the 50% deadly and 50% ow has a consistency that botd lacks. plus, its small and looks cool :D i know it does less damage than either botd or grief, but still ...

a real problem sometimes is u a get a string of puny hits that does next to no damage and doesnt hit-recover stun either... eth razoredge actually has a greater rate of stunnage that botd does... and the open wounds ensures it does SOMETHING.

rikstaker said:
:surprise:

No I am not asking that question.Its just a request to be a bit more open to new people asking such questions & others like "which is the best barb build?"...etc.

I realized it now.Its due to the new runewords & none of the barb guides have info on them except the recent zealbarb guide :uhhuh: .So they are probably a bit confused as to whether to stick to botd or use grief,whether oath is better or cleaver etc...So please dont point them to the stickies,you know the answers,so try & help them out. :)

p.s:You can do all sorts of things to people asking about ww breakpoints. :thumbsup:

Rik
I don't mean for this to sound noobish, but i searched for like 20 minutes on what grief is, any..help