Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the best weapon to make LAST WISH

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by d2 junkie, Mar 18, 2005.

1. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

Whats the best weapon to make LAST WISH

Ok Iam debating to make a last wish weapon for a zealot my 2 choices are:
    Berzerker axe or PB.
    This is mainly for PVM.
    This are the stats for both weapons:
    Berzerker axe
    Speed [0]
    Dmg 24-71
    durability 26 <---I really hate repairing weapons specially on a zealot
    range 3
    max dmg with the lowest roll on a superior 15% ed [345%ed] 316

Phase Blade
    speed [-30]
    dmg 31-35
    indestructible :)
    range 2
    max dmg with the lowest roll on a superior 15% ed [345%ed] 156

And this are the stats on Last Wish:
    6% Chance To Cast Level 11 Fade When Struck
    10% Chance To Cast Level 18 Life Tap On Striking
    20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Charged Bolt On Attack
    Level 17 Might Aura When Equipped
    +330-375% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    60-70% Chance of Crushing Blow (varies)
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Hit Blinds Target
    0.5 (per level)% Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level

So as you can see it comes down to more dmg,repair,more range less speed with the zerker or less dmg ,no repairs,less range more speed.
    Comments or suggestions greatly apreciate it.
    THX *D2_junkie

2. Sir SDG

Sir SDG Banned

you know ive seen LW on a zerk and thought the same thing.. repair really sucks and with a zealot ur gonna be repairing that thing dang never ONCE every game.

Id probably go with the phze blade and just suck it up on damage. ( Ive actually been wantin one to make a Melee MFer :)

3. spakka

spakka Banned

Make it in a zerker... with a pb it will do VERY low dmg, less than half that of even a grief. PB ones are worthless (1high) if u want to trade em on, and i cannot emphasise how low the dmg is, the max dmg if the ed roll is perfect (incl might's 200%ed) will be 263, whereas with a zerker it will be a more respectable 480.

4. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Zerker is the best choice imo too! More damage is important for a zealot!
    The tricky part is IAS...u need a lot of ias to reach at least 5 fpa zeal not to speak of 4 fpa if thats even possible :confused:

/Dec

5. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

You'll be repairing the weapon all the time, if you decide to use berserker axe :p

Anyway, unless you want to show all people, how rich you are, there are much better choices for zealot weapons.

Eth Stormlash is superior to last wish in PvM.

Grief BA is superior to last wish in PvP.

With stormlash you get indest., massive CB, decent damage, lightning absorb and most importantly GOOD CHANCE to cast static field on striking. That speeds up the killing speed multiple times.

6. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

I agree with sahlakh that stormlash (even if not eth) is good for PvM!

Otherwise try eth BOTD BA! That should do it too! AND guess... NO REPAIR!!!

Concerning repair: u can always sell the stuff u find and get money in your stash! takes not more than 10 sec to pick up and sell items (35 K) from time to time...

/Dec

7. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

The reality is that I have all those weapons and I just want to try something new, since I do have the funds to do it and as of late Iam getting a kind of bored with the game.
    And yes indeed I think stormlash is by far one of the best pvm weapons specially with static field wich is like CB with a spash.
    But you have to take 2 really nice mods in Last wish 60-70% CB and lvl 18 life tap and the level17 might aura.
    I still havnt decided maybe I will make both :D
    *D2_junkie

8. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

phase blade hands down

phelix

9. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Go for zerker, it has much higher damage and better range, it's slower but other equipment can give u needed IAS, it will brake but you can reapir it with a low rune, phase blade has just too low dmg, just a waste of runes...

*priit

10. muahahahaha

muahahahaha IncGamers Member

if i were u
    i wuld go for the phase blade all the way
    it is indestructable and also it has better mods than the berserk

11. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

I am going to have to agree with PHELIX here. If you are using Phoenix and Fortitude, along with your HIGH LVL Fanaticism, you're damage output will be acceptable for both PvP and PvM. Although I must admit, I would probably be building an elemental Zealot to add another dimension of pain to my attacks...

You seem to forget how CB works. With Crushing Blow your damage numbers do not matter...as you will be taking a percentage of your target's HP with every successful attack.

IMHO, acheiving 100% crushing blow would absolutely ROCK. Using Might and Fanaticism are going to boost the REGULAR damage you deal to a very respectible amount.

Guillame's Face (BER)
    Highlord's Wrath
    Phoenix Sacred Targe (highest base chance to block)
    Fortitude Archon Plate
    Ranvefrost (20 dext)
    Ravenfrost (20 dext)
    P. Dracul's Grasp
    P. Last Wish PB (70% crushing blow)
    P. CTA Flail (switch)
    Spirit Sacred Targe (switch)
    Beast (weapon of your choice)
    P. Dungo's
    Gorerider

This gives you a 4fpa Zeal, a nice amount of Deadly Strike, 100% crushing blow, 18% damage reduction (YIKES!), 35% open wounds. Now...here is what I would do...

Invest only enough strength to equip your gear. This includes your Annihilus as well. If you use lighter BASE items for your rune words...IE, Sacred Targe, Archon Plate, then your heaviset item becomes the Guillame's Face (115). With a base of 25, and your anni you will have 35-45 Strength with NOTHING invested. Let's run numbers with a 15 attribute Anni.

At Clvl 90, you have 460 points to invest. Dracul's Grasp can be equipped with an investment of 10 points. A perfect pair (what we are after) adds 15 to strength. This puts you at 75 strength with 10 HARD POINTS used. IN order to equip your Guillame's Face you will need to invest an additional 40 HARD POINTS. This leaves you with 410 unused points.

Moving onto dexterity - at Clvl 90, you will need the dexterity listed below to achieve max block with the corresponding level of Holy Shield:

slvl 20 Holy Shield = 158 Dexterity needed
    slvl 25 Holy Shield = 150 Dexterity needed
    slvl 30 Holy Shield = 144 Dexterity needed

With two Ravenfrosts (each having 20 dexterity each) and your Anni, you will be at a base of 75 dexterity. I will use slvl 25 Holy Shield...if you have more P.Combats than 5, then of course re-calculate before investing. At slvl 25, 75 HARD POINTS would need to be dumped into dexterity to acheive max block at clvl 90. This leaves 335 points.

Guess what? We are onto everyone's favorite statistic. That's right folks, if you have a P.Dungo's and the Anni we mentioned above, you will have a BASE of 80 Vitality. This is of course what I like to call a healthy start. Now we get to the real fun. Let's just figure out how much life we an squeeze out of your build.

Your paladin starts with 55 HP and has a base of 25 VITA. Each lvl he gains 2 HP and with each point invested into Vitality he gains 3 life. Counting the investment we will be making it will look something like this:

89 * 2 = 178
    +
    3 * 390 = 1170
    +
    125 (moderate fort)
    -------------------
    (1473 * .05) + 1473 = 1546

Now with the gear mentioned above you switch weapons and cast Battle COmmand, then Battle Orders at slvl 11. This will bump your HP to...

(1546 *.65) + 1546 = 3555

Taking the CTA off, it is now time to crank it up another NOTCH. Put the BEAST weapon on. Why? You are not a Zealot...you think you are, but you aren't...you just don't know it yet. Your PB requires VERY LITTLE IAS with maxed fana to achieve a 4 fpa regular attack.

This is actually a tiny bit faster than a standard ZEAL because every one of your attacks is at 4 fps. IN ZEAL your first attack is slower than the others, despite being at 4 fpa. Switching to your BEAST (weapon of choice), you will now cast Werebear at slvl 8 (with lvl 8 lycanthropy). This causes your HP to go from 3555 to:

(3555 * 1.05) + 3555 = 7287

Now for a rundown of your skills:

-20 Fanaticism (1 pre-req...beyond BA) = 21 points
    -20 Blessed Aim (1 pre-req) = 21 points
    -20 Holy Shield (4 pre-req's) = 24 points
    -20 Defiance = 20 points

This totals 86 points leaving a total of 15 unused skill points at clvl 90. Now for some added fun. Let's just go ahead and calculate your defense. You will be at:

1500 (fort)
    217 (guillames)
    130 (dracs)
    125 (dungo)
    140 (gore)
    150 (phoenix)
    --------------
    (2262 * 7.75) + 2262 = 19792

[Defense modifiers include Holy SHield at slvl 25, passive synergy from Defiance, 60% defense boost from Werebear at slvl 8.]

WOW! That seems like quite a bit. Now a quick look at something else you may have overlooked. You have a tremendous pool of HP. Your defense is very good. It could go higher, but you need AR. I would recommend putting those 15 points that remain into Blessed Aim for the passive synergy. Though you have low DR, your weapon has an important mod on it I think you may have not looked at.

Last Wish has a 6% chance to cast lvl 11 fade if struck. This means that if an attack makes it though your defense, you have a 75% chance to block it and if you do not, the chance to cast may be triggered. If it is not you take damage...but you are quite healthy so the 18% DR is not a HUGE problem. IN the event that FADE is cast, it will last for 240 seconds and increase yout damage reduction by 11%. Moving from 18% to 29% DR on this BEAR is going to be grotesque...

My only issue is making sure you connect...so the only numbers left to run would be your AR. This post has gotten quite lengthy...so I will let someone else jump in to offer their two sense on how to get the AR of this BEAST up.