Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the best way to deal with PI monsters? help pls. ifr

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by strife_x, Feb 5, 2004.

1. strife_x

strife_x IncGamers Member

Whats the best way to deal with PI monsters? help pls.

Pure bonemancer lvl 76 (max BS,BSP,BW,BP) and am having big problems with PI's in Hell lvl Tal's tomb. My act 3 cold merc can freeze em but not kill em and bone spear does squat. whats the best way to deal with this...after reading some posts I'm not clear as to what curse is best...as a pure bonemance I dont want to waste any skill points where I don't need them...thanks

2. Peacrusher

Peacrusher IncGamers Member

I think you meant MI instead of PI....

To be completely honest with you... I have the same problem...

I have cast Prison to trap and them and all the lil skellies around them and used CE to kill them off, after of course amping everything.

Unfortunately this Only works if there is enough Minions running around to do the job, and Rooms filled with Horadric ancients are a huge pain... Try Dim and run past them.

3. strife_x

strife_x IncGamers Member

Too weird

Actually I did mean PI but here's the weird part. I went back looking through necro info and Bone Spear and Spirit are in fact supposed to deal Magical Damage so why then can I wallup away all day long on PI monsters and do no damage...is this some change or bug in 1.10...my Spear does sumthin around 1700 dmg I think (just from memory) so whats going on..anyone have an answer for this...thanks Peacrusher for your reply and any others that post

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Well... there are a few monster types around there with pretty good Magic Resistance as well (Apparitions w/ 50%, specifically), so that won't help you much.

Try using Decrepify if you can get it (through a wand if necessary), that should remove their Physical Immunity so that your merc can do some damage to them whilst you bombard them with Bone spells.

5. capntickl

capntickl IncGamers Member

Try Confuse or Attract. Takes 1 point and the monsters will kill themselves. Doesn't help you with MI bosses but should be a skill point-effective solution.

6. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Amp Damage is supposed to remove PI immunities, no? Cast Attract to keep them busy, Amp on top of that to remove PI's, Spam Spears/Spirits where you can and CE the first corpse that drops.

I believe that's how it's supposed to go...no? kinda new to 1.10 Necs myself...

-X

7. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Spear/Spirit is MAGIC damage, so the Amp trick will not work.

8. freethinker0

freethinker0 IncGamers Member

I use 3 items from trang's set and use firewall. Since i do solo Baal runs mostly, it really does a job on PI guys. I use the armor, belt and gloves.

9. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

Dim vision. If the mummies can't see, they won't raise. Last time I checked mummy bosses spawn with other mummies, not skeletons - so you won't have a problem there (except for the super unique bosses like Kaa).

10. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

The Firewall from the trang's set really does a bit of decent damage...the fireball and meteor really don't cut it much. I guess having a merc to dish out Physical damage once you amp the PI/MI's should suffice...if you have a couple of revives or Skeles in your repetoire, that should help as well.

-X