Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the best sword to use?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Smashy, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Smashy

Smashy Banned

What's the best sword to use?

I can't afford Breath of the Dying so I'm intersted in getting your opinions on the best (affordable) sword to use for my sword/shield Barb who will be involved in duels from time to time.

I currently will use a Doombringer, as that's the only good sword end-game sword I have at this time.

Other ones I know of are Grandfather, Fury Balrog Blade... that's all I can think of.

I can't afford a Zod rune so I'd like to use an indestructible sword as the repair costs for swords gets really high and annoying.

I may be able to get a Grandfather, would that be better than Doombringer? Any suggestions/opinions anyone?

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Go for a gf, it's pretty good. You could try a fury if you wanted, but they are kinda weak especially for the cost to make one now. Also might want to try a ccb, those need to be repair frequently and are sort of pricy though. I say go for the gf if you can, I always hated doombringer though :lol:

3. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

gf is expensive too if u cant afford gf i would go with doombringer its not too good but its really not that pricey

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Stick with doombringer. GF isn't much of improvement over doombringer and its cost=effectiveness is poor :/.

5. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

well...if ur really rich, u can get a eth ccb but since ur not, stick with doombringer it's pretty good :clap:

6. Radu

Radu IncGamers Member

In duel Doombringer & GF suck. The only option is Kingslayer (Mal Um Gul Fal) in Balrog Blade or Colossus Blade.

7. Kirby Hunter

Kirby Hunter IncGamers Member

U meant highland blade or someting else right?
    those swords need 40 ias for the -35 ww breakpoint..unles they changed that^^