Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What's the best 'style' fury weapon?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Quietus, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

What's the best 'style' fury weapon?

When I say Fury, I mean that in both ways - I want to know what the best weapon to make "Fury" runeword in would be for a fury druid. It needs to be at least reasonably viable as a pvm weapon... right now, I'm thinking that a fanged knife would be my favorite pick.

I'd like for it to be one handed, but if you can give both one handed and two handed options, it'd be appreciated. Also, if you can think of any other nonladder 'style' weapons for a fury druid, I'm open to suggestions.

2. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

fury in a fanged knife is tops, phase blade is the only other viable one to make the runeword in.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think Fury is a waste of a Jah rune...

A Stormlash would be a cool weapon with good Crushing Blow & Static Field! Also reaches 9/5 Fury with Shael. Otherwise IK Maul + pieces of the set and Windhammer looks nice.

4. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

That's nice and all, but I'm looking for style with fury. I've got a 11% ed sup fanged (I love how that works out, 220% ed :D) that I might use. I was considering other one-handers, mostly because that fanged is range 1.

5. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

I do think Fanged Knife is sexy, and a good "fury" option

(The 4 sexiest weapons in the game to me: Glorious Axe, Fanged Knife, Phase Blade, (G.)Tresher)

6. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Alright... sexy though it may be, I just fired up a test runner on my single player, and it reaches a grand total of 1600 max damage with level 27 fury. Not only that, using Sanctuary with it meant I got stuck in block lock far, far too often. I don't have a problem hitting, of course, but that's... rather beside the point.

The speed was nice... there was a very notable difference between first strike and the four follow ups, but that's to be expect. Hrm.

I'll try experimenting with other possibilities.

7. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

thats a tad low. Most pvp fury wolves I know using ffk can hit about 6k max damage with one, 100% ds. It requires an ed armor and a lot of +max, but its more than viable.

--welt

8. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Keeping in mind that I'm on Nonladder, is that still a reasonable expectation? I don't have access to Fortitude, and 160 ed armor would be... expensive.

9. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

40 ed jewels are pretty cheap, last I remembered. fanged knives get bonuses from both dexterity and strength, so building a huge dex based druid is also viable, using a more damaging type shield with crappier block than ss/whistans. Using something like a lance guard (30 fhr/50 life/20 deadly strike) gives some nice melee mods, but its block stinks. dex makes that irrelevant. aside from that, its an easy way to get 100% ds and good ar. Its worth looking into, but you will be using an ed jeweled shaft for an armor, I am sure.

--welt