Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whats the best Paladin to use to beat HELL??

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by crhscoog, Jul 5, 2008.

1. crhscoog

crhscoog IncGamers Member

Whats the best Paladin to use to beat HELL??

Hi, I just started playing again and made a 76 meteorb but it can't do much in hell (stuck at ancients in Hell after a rush and cant find anyone to help me w/ ancients). So I was thinking about making a paladin since they seem to be the best choice IMO. I was wondering what kind of Paladin I should make though: the Zeal w/ 1pt Smith from this forums or a Hammerdin. The guy that rushed me act1-4 in Hell was a hammerdin so it made wonder if I should try hammerdin as well. Also I dont have that much runes so I can't make the uber runewords. I can make a spirit though but no shields or weapon to socket em with. My highest rune is a dol then sol so yeah..... So what's yall's take?

2. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

Re: Whats the best Paladin to use to beat HELL??

Hammerdin by far, do some countess/pit runs with your meteorb for runes/socketables.

3. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

You can gather pgems and lowish runes to trade for your socketables if you have a hard time finding them.

4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Hammerdin is a good choice, since it's the most overpowered build in diablo 2. Ãt's a very hated build since it's overpowered, requires almost no skill to use and isn't unique. But if you don't care about stuff like that and want to kill a horde of enemies in seconds then go for it.

5. ZanderC

ZanderC IncGamers Member

Hammerdins definately.. Tele(with enigma) like a soso, great defense with holy shield and as far as i know, no monsters are immune to the blessed hammers. A fully equipped hammerdins are awesome! Fast and powerful. But, like all pala builds, it are a mighty expensive build(if u planning to get best eqs, i mean). :thumbup:

6. akarias

akarias IncGamers Member

hammerdins are probably overall the best class in d2, since it's so broken in pvm and great at pvp.

Zealot, however, I find much, much more fun. Yes whatever it's somewhat item dependent but not too much so. I've only been playing 1 for a month or so, and not that religiously, and I've been able to scramble a build for hell. Just with pgems got razor's edge, moser's with 2 pdiamonds, rockstoppers, laying of hands, angelic ring+ammy, string of ears and rattlecage (hoping to get duriel's shell for cbf). All that's left to get is glimmershreds, to deal with both IM and PIs, but it's pretty cheap so I'm not too worried. Just leech some cow runs and you'll get a solid starting group of pgems, along with your own forges etc. Obviously this is untwinked as well.

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Wailing beasts in Act 2 are. But you can skip them.

Non-tele-ing hammerdins can be pretty cheap. The Max Damage Hammerdin on the Strategy Compendium is one I've followed pretty successfully.

8. ZanderC

ZanderC IncGamers Member